SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:47 AM
Registered User
Dr Kiwi's Avatar
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie.Y View Post
I don't think so , may be there are some similar in appearance , is normal .
I know many motors looks the same , but different the testing results . Right ,
Dr Kiwi ?
Since the company seems to be unwilling/unable to send out any motors for testing (ask Louis Fourdan) we may never know how they perform in independent testing!
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:44 PM
Registered User
Maggie.Y's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
Since the company seems to be unwilling/unable to send out any motors for testing (ask Louis Fourdan) we may never know how they perform in independent testing!
Is that so ? I know many company will not provide free motor sample , because that will be expensive . But they should be provide others detail if customer would like to . it is their responsibility.
I agree you , Dr Kiwi , the testing results decide motor quality in a way .
Maggie.Y is offline Find More Posts by Maggie.Y
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:07 AM
Registered User
yang1346888's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
Since the company seems to be unwilling/unable to send out any motors for testing (ask Louis Fourdan) we may never know how they perform in independent testing!
I'll have to send the test parameters, thank you for your support!
yang1346888 is offline Find More Posts by yang1346888
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:12 PM
Why kamikaze pilot wear helmet
mikes68charger's Avatar
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Jul 2010
1,098 Posts
If eather one of your 5055/5065 motors have a at least a 500kv and can handle 6s then I will try/Buy one.

Im trying to spin an APC 12X8 nitro prop at 14k at about our under 100amps
mikes68charger is offline Find More Posts by mikes68charger
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:42 PM
ex-noob
Lardog's Avatar
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,425 Posts
If you want 14K RPM on 6s, you'll need more than 500kv. You'll need a motor that can do around 630rpm/volt under load. 14000 / 22.2 = 630.

I had a Rimfire .46, which is an 800Kv motor, spinning an APCE 12x6 at ~14K rpm on 6s. Pulled about 80A
Lardog is online now Find More Posts by Lardog
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:12 PM
Good Better Best quest.
olmod's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yang1346888 View Post
I'll have to send the test parameters, thank you for your support!
My goodness you had the offer from Dr Kiwi a tester who most will agree is quite thorough and reliable and you dont even want to send even a small motor for testing to see if his results are the same as yours

who would send a sales person into the world ill equipped to market a product you so far have offered no specifications relating to prop sizes and Volts /amps required.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:31 AM
Registered User
yang1346888's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
My goodness you had the offer from Dr Kiwi a tester who most will agree is quite thorough and reliable and you dont even want to send even a small motor for testing to see if his results are the same as yours

who would send a sales person into the world ill equipped to market a product you so far have offered no specifications relating to prop sizes and Volts /amps required.
You‘re rightt!
yang1346888 is offline Find More Posts by yang1346888
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
Registered User
Dr Kiwi's Avatar
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,206 Posts
What is that motor's Kv?

Ambient temperature? How long was it run at WOT before temperatures were recorded? Where were temperatures taken.. from the windings, or from the outside of the bell... with a thermoprobe, or an IR gun?
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,272 Posts
Picky

We make motor.

You buy motor.

All good.
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:49 PM
Registered User
Dr Kiwi's Avatar
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,206 Posts
I am concerned about the data sheet posted in Post#22.. that 10x8 EP is seriously over-loading the motor, such that efficiency is down to 54%! That is why I questioned the duration of the test.. to see when the 50C temperature was reached. 240W through a 54.5g motor is asking for trouble and on the higher voltages those GWS RS props are exceeding their safe RPM limits (probably no more than 40-50,000 rpm/diameter.. yet these tests are running 'em at 60-70,000rpm/diameter).

I also question the thrust figures.. DriveCalc, Badcock, MotoCalc, FlyBrushless etc have decent "Thrust from RPM" data.. the figures posted in this table are as much as 20-30% higher than can be expected from prop x at RPM y.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Last edited by Dr Kiwi; Nov 17, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:17 PM
Registered User
Ron H's Avatar
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post
We make motor.

You buy motor.

All good.
We buy motor.

Not good motor.

Now what?
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:52 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,272 Posts
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:19 PM
Registered User
Fourdan's Avatar
Antony (France)
Joined Sep 2003
3,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yang1346888 View Post
I'll have to send the test parameters, thank you for your support!
Hi
If you want a software similar to Scorpion Calc or Dualsky Calc I can do it
Louis
Fourdan is offline Find More Posts by Fourdan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:09 PM
Registered User
Maggie.Y's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
I am concerned about the data sheet posted in Post#22.. that 10x8 EP is seriously over-loading the motor, such that efficiency is down to 54%! That is why I questioned the duration of the test.. to see when the 50C temperature was reached. 240W through a 54.5g motor is asking for trouble and on the higher voltages those GWS RS props are exceeding their safe RPM limits (probably no more than 40-50,000 rpm/diameter.. yet these tests are running 'em at 60-70,000rpm/diameter).

I also question the thrust figures.. DriveCalc, Badcock, MotoCalc, FlyBrushless etc have decent "Thrust from RPM" data.. the figures posted in this table are as much as 20-30% higher than can be expected from prop x at RPM y.
I think , everything will be clear when you buy a sample motor and testing it .
If I were you I would do that , because I must be know the motor is good or bad at that time .
Maggie.Y is offline Find More Posts by Maggie.Y
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
Registered User
yang1346888's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
What is that motor's Kv?

Ambient temperature? How long was it run at WOT before temperatures were recorded? Where were temperatures taken.. from the windings, or from the outside of the bell... with a thermoprobe, or an IR gun?
The motor is KV880, temperature is the first time use IR gun test.
yang1346888 is offline Find More Posts by yang1346888
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Monster power series motors 10, 15, 32,46 or 60 svonavja Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 6 Jul 03, 2012 04:01 PM
Discussion Replacement bearings for Twisted Hobbies 'Crack Series' motor? sps3172 3D Foamies 4 Jun 14, 2012 09:35 PM
Discussion New Scorpion HKIII - 4020 and 4025 motors series guyro Electric Heli Talk 0 Mar 01, 2012 07:07 AM
New series of Motor Max Motors scotta Power Systems 4 Jul 22, 2005 03:03 AM
New series of Motor Max Motors scotta Foamies (Kits) 0 Jul 20, 2005 10:44 PM