SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:42 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
I kept the stock PI etc values after flashing both boards, as I figured there can be no mistake. Just completely lost on this now..
Try setting I gain to 0.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:56 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
What kind of radio are you using

Thanks for trying to help I am using a DX6i 18 amp ss esc
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:04 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Thanks for trying to help I am using a DX6i 18 amp ss esc
Make sure your throttle trim is 0 or below set endpoints 120%
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
And it's worth every cent of it
i would go for the new Autoquad 6 instead cause it comes with built in GPS and a lot of other nice features...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,977 Posts
[QUOTE=tech69x;22973093]Make sure your throttle trim is 0 or below set endpoints 120%[/QUOTE

Hi The kk2 showed 0 the dx6 was 0 -100% but I will say that was the effect of having the throttle up
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:39 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
927 Posts
A Little Rant

Well I have been waiting for three JST - (I can't remember) adapters that I ordered from Tower Hobbies because all the regular sources are out of JST pigtails and connectors. These three little 6 inch long wires came in a box big enough for a pair of shoes and they charged me $5.99 shipping and it took ten days! (Illinois to Maryland) These could have been put in an envelope and mailed for a lot less and been here a lot faster. The box had two big bags of air and flyers and catalog and invoice in it. I didn't even take any of the paper out of the box.

I used to order quite a bit of stuff from Tower but with this experience I will make them my last resort source.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:46 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Alright guys so I'm new to the hobby grade quad scene and just picked up my first quad (bambucopter classic) with kk2. I followed instructions and for the most part everything is fairly straight forward.

I am using a jr x9503 (very similar to dx8) and an orange rx. I got everything hooked up appropriately and when I go to receiver test, I have everything set up correct at zero and all moving the correct direction. Everything is moving and displaying correctly.

I can turn aux. on and off with my gear switch but its giving me readings of 99 when on and -96 when off. Should this be at zero as well or do I not need to really worry about it since I have self level off?

Even with subtrim at max on my tx I can't get it down to zero.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
i would go for the new Autoquad 6 instead cause it comes with built in GPS and a lot of other nice features...
Naw to complicated and not very user friendly
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:51 PM
United States, TX, Nassau Bay
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Alright guys so I'm new to the hobby grade quad scene and just picked up my first quad (bambucopter classic) with kk2. I followed instructions and for the most part everything is fairly straight forward.

I am using a jr x9503 (very similar to dx8) and an orange rx. I got everything hooked up appropriately and when I go to receiver test, I have everything set up correct at zero and all moving the correct direction. Everything is moving and displaying correctly.

I can turn aux. on and off with my gear switch but its giving me readings of 99 when on and -96 when off. Should this be at zero as well or do I not need to really worry about it since I have self level off?

It doesn't matter mine reads the same way
Sandman43 is offline Find More Posts by Sandman43
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
[QUOTE=Upup;22973294]
Quote:
Make sure your throttle trim is 0 or below set endpoints 120%[/QUOTE

Hi The kk2 showed 0 the dx6 was 0 -100% but I will say that was the effect of having the throttle up
You are trying to get your esc's to arm yes
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:00 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Thanks sandman.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Sep 2009
129 Posts
Hi,
My quad keep roll to the left (not completely turnover) It keep moving to the left.
Subtrim can not help.
Any suggestion?
Thanks,
mailtopravit is offline Find More Posts by mailtopravit
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
927 Posts
Quote:

I use a DX7 and get the same readings. Check on the display (even in the safe Mode) and see if self level is turning on and off with the switch. It's really just a discrete signal i.e. voltage on or off. I think as long as the lower value is less than 0 it will work just fine.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Thats correct for a two position switch. A three position switch would read zero in mid position.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
LMAO!!! I glance at this guy's avatar and thought....Damn, I don't remember writing any of this, must have had to many beer's last night......Hahahahaa!

-Pat
LOL! What a coincidence!

Well, I have been thinking about changing my avatar for some time now and this will probably help speed things up a bit.
RC911 is offline Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors