SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2012, 08:17 PM
Fly like never crash as always
Rio de Janeiro
Joined Mar 2007
275 Posts
Alert
Hobby King NANO TECH and their terrible customer service.

Hobby King NANO TECH and their terrible customer service.
I have an exact 50% failure record on 4S 3300 35-70C Nano Techs from Hobby King.

I bought a first pair for my ZII with a 3014 hyperion motor. After 15 flights, one of the packs lost a cell.

So I went on and bought another pair.

I have a dead cell on a pack on my SECOND FLIGHT

Now customer service tells me I canīt have warranty after 30 days of the purchase, I happen to have received these packs EXACTLY one month ago. It is not my fault that my customs holds the package for 30 days.

Hope HK getīs their CS sorted...

I donīt think I am going to buy batteries from them anymore. terrible quality on the NANO TECHS.
tascheri is offline Find More Posts by tascheri
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 02:35 AM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
After all these complaints and you still bought something from them? Have you learned your lesson now?

There is one thing to remember, " you get what you pay for!" and "If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is"!

KCV6 or hoppy will be on here soon to tell you what to do. Listen to them because they have a lot of experience with HK.

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 28, 2012, 08:05 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countilaw View Post
Makes you wonder why they have a customer service chat, when they don't know anything about the problem or can find out anything about your problem. Seems they are there just to say they have customer service, yet all they do is stall you, by telling the customer to contact another department.

I have never shopped with them and never will. I think anything they have, I can do without.

Frank
That sucks tascheri, but they do only have a 30 day warranty. Have you tried Hobbypartz and GensAce packs? They have a fairly good rep.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 28, 2012, 12:56 PM
Rio de Janeiro
Joined Mar 2007
275 Posts
Itīs a shame. Takes 40-60 days for stuff to get to my house.
Gens Ace itīs gonna be.

thanks guys.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:10 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
From what most are saying about the Gens Ace's you will probably be fairly happy.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 29, 2012, 11:03 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Man that sucks.. My nano's are rock solid after over a year of use. How high are you charging them?? I dont even charge my hyperion packs at the rate they say they can handle.. Just tears through them.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old May 30, 2012, 12:00 AM View Post
countilaw
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Makes you wonder why they have a customer service chat, when they don't know anything about the problem or can find out anything about your problem. Seems they are there just to say they have customer service, yet all they do is stall you, by telling the customer to contact another department.

I have never shopped with them and never will. I think anything they have, I can do without.

Frank
That sucks tascheri, but they do only have a 30 day warranty. Have you tried Hobbypartz and GensAce packs? They have a fairly good rep.

Mark

Mark, did you have a reason for quoting me, or was that a personal attack on my credibility? It certainly didn't have anything to do with this thread.

It seems that you are trolling for a fight. I hope not. I told tascheri that you would be along to help him out and that you knew what you were talking about, yet you attack my credibility.

Maybe I was wrong about you and your sincerety on helping people, but just enjoying intigating arguments and discord.

Frank
What are you doing right now? Stay on topic....

Have you tried any other batteries op?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old May 30, 2012, 08:37 AM
Rio de Janeiro
Joined Mar 2007
275 Posts
I have been buying NT fort like 3 years now. I must say they all perform fairly well other than slight mismatches. I still have them all working. I am conservative with charge rates, usually limit to 2c unless Iīm in a hurry.

These particular 3300 35-70c cells do seem to have a problem because of the 50% failure on 4s packs. And I donīt mean a slight mismatch, after landing I had 3.3 on 3 cells and 0.9 on the dead cell, on the SECOND flight and Iīm only pulling like 15-20C peaks from these...

was hoping for their customer service to give me a break because of that... but they were very strict on their 30 day thing ( I actually missed it by ONE day )...
Old May 30, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tascheri View Post
was hoping for their customer service to give me a break because of that... but they were very strict on their 30 day thing ( I actually missed it by ONE day )...
Hopeful thinking unfortunately.

The nano techs I have (that worked upon delivery) have held up fine, but I don't charge more than 1C and I don't run a heavy load on them. They are overkill for the applications where I use them.

I've had extremely good results with the hobbypartz sky lipos. Might want to give them a try. I've had lots of lipo orders there and never received a bad pack. Maybe they check them prior to shipping, maybe they don't, maybe I'm just lucky? ...... not sure the reason but I have received at least 30 lipos without a single issue and they seem to last. Only time they didn't is when I seriously abused a few.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320