HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:06 PM
LSF V,LSF Secretary,AMA Lifer
Huntsville
Joined Oct 2003
2,077 Posts
Nice to see F3K maturing as a relatively new event. Some new names, and some old ones as well. Congrats to all, sounds like it was a well fought battle. Best of luck to the team members.
Robglover is offline Find More Posts by Robglover
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:24 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,148 Posts
Sitting at the Denver airport waiting for my flight. Guys, we have an awesome, awesome team. What a weekend. Personally, I have never laughed harder for 3 straight dinners than this contest.
The smurf
The brick.... Oh man, get gonsulin, trussell, and bd together and it is on.... What a great weekend despite the weather. You guys will get stories from this weekend that will keep this thread alive for weeks.

Thanks to rmsa! Classy, well run, and some of the nicest people anywhere. You are not responsible for the weather and don't have to apologize for it. Thanks for hosting!

Jun, I can't wait to see you exact revenge in Denmark. It'll be amazing to see you perform without sinus infections and sleep deprivation. George, way to validate. Great flying this weekend, and to my friend mike smith, I couldn't be more stoked for you. Great performance today. Well done. My goal was top ten this week and I'm very proud that I exceeded that. Rcpc, THANKS!
M Seid is online now Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,242 Posts
Jun, I am always in awe of how you consistently fly at the top of your game. Congrats on the 1st place finish and congrats to George and Mike as well. We're gonna have an awesome team for the worlds next year!

Another big thanks to Kelsey for keeping us all updated continuously!

Brandon
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:32 PM
F3K all day
Joined Dec 2011
1,687 Posts
What is the date of worlds? Also when's the next colorado contest?
jasonafriedman is offline Find More Posts by jasonafriedman
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:45 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Joined Aug 2005
1,268 Posts
Congrats to the winners! Since the WC is held 1 hours drive from where I grew up in Denmark, I may make a visit to my folks around that time next year - it will be fun to watch!
The thread is found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1540130

Jesper
jfrickmann is offline Find More Posts by jfrickmann
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:13 PM
Come out swinging
San Diego
Joined Mar 2005
2,661 Posts
Smith and I are at the airport waiting for our San Diego flight. Great times. The Colorado guys have a great field and did a fabulous job running the contest. Thanks.

I'll post more later, but what laughs! My cheeks are hurting from laughing so much at Gavin's crazy stories, and at Ryan's comments to Bruce and Gavin's back-and-forths. Poo dollar, hole saw and porta poties, "Terry!", the alligator wrestle, Etoufe.

More later.

Sean
sporter is offline Find More Posts by sporter
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
patagonia,az
Joined Oct 2002
2,139 Posts
USA just selected a great Team to go for the win in Denmark

Let's start the fund raising to get them there and show our support

Philip
pocket rocket is online now Find More Posts by pocket rocket
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:21 PM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
Thanks to the Denver crew for running a great contest.

Thanks to all my friends, old and new, for making my week here fun. Even though I had my worst contest showing in three years, I still had lots of laughs and fun. My brain just checked out on Saturday morning and never got back in the game.

To my team mate James. You flew very well all weekend and your finish showed it. Nice job.

To the new team. Jun, no doubts my friend. Looking forward to your new video. "F3K clinic and how to not blink!" Mike, sweet flying all weekend. George, you are fun to watch fly. Nice job.

There was lots of great flying to see. I even had a few good flights. Time to drive home in the morning.
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:42 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Franktown, CO. USA
Joined Mar 2009
3,200 Posts
A post just to praise Kelsey. How cool it is to have the scores posted for the world to see within minutes of the end of the round.

I don't know how much work it is to post raw scores and standings like that but I sure appreciate it.

Kelsey you ROCK.

John
gopherhunter is offline Find More Posts by gopherhunter
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Jun 2009
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherhunter View Post
A post just to praise Kelsey. How cool it is to have the scores posted for the world to see within minutes of the end of the round.

I don't know how much work it is to post raw scores and standings like that but I sure appreciate it.

Kelsey you ROCK.

John
i'll plus 10 that. Thanks Kelsey
Storm51 is offline Find More Posts by Storm51
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Jun 2009
875 Posts
Jun,
I smell ribs a cooking for fund raisers
Storm51 is offline Find More Posts by Storm51
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:10 PM
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Mar 2011
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherhunter View Post

Kelsey you ROCK.

John
Thanks guys! You're awesome too
kjensen is offline Find More Posts by kjensen
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:18 PM
He bowls overhand
Falcon, Colorado
Joined Oct 2004
1,558 Posts
Great contest, people! Definately wish it went the full time, but things happen, and this was the best possible outcome. We could have gone 50 rounds, but Jun, George, and one of the Mikes would definately be on top.

I have never flown a contest where losing 9 seconds on a 5x2 would be a distant 2nd place. You guys are the real thing, and it made the whole contest both real AND very entertaining!

Thanks again to all the Jensens, Jlo, Alex the little Jlo(arm still hurts) Skip (Nice battery!) and everybody else that made this thing fun!

Skyler... We can do this next year. The Disser (Veiny) Clue will be fun to fly, even to last place!

Sporter... Go build that thing! This guy is a genius when it comes to the moulding stuff!

Thanks for the fun times!

Jim
threcixty is offline Find More Posts by threcixty
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:18 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2005
1,128 Posts
Congratulations to George,Jun, Mike, and Mike.
clearvisionscott is offline Find More Posts by clearvisionscott
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:55 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,663 Posts
Just curious, why do we select the team so far in advance of the worlds? I don't have any problem with it. I'm just wondering if there is a particular reason. Most sports don't choose their representives until just before the event. Look at the Olympic trials, for instance.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz