Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:30 PM
I can crash real good.
Shreveport, LA
Joined Dec 2008
200 Posts
Discussion
HPFP Main gear question

Hello, just got though flying my first battery pack. finally realized to get it up off the ground!.. Anyway, amny crashes later, notice the main gear has a little wobble to it now, gonna check the collet as instructed by rudyhal, but if not, does anyone know if this "wobble" is normal or what could cause it? Glad to be here!
poboy62 is offline Find More Posts by poboy62
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:51 PM
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Mar 2003
2,110 Posts
A little wobble is normal judging from my experience. But make sure that the gear isn't cracked, and that the shaft isn't bent.
landru is offline Find More Posts by landru
Old Jan 24, 2009, 02:59 PM
I can crash real good.
Shreveport, LA
Joined Dec 2008
200 Posts
I did thanks, took it all apart and as you and rudyhal said, probably normal. I just didn't remember feeling prior to all my crashing and I broke some stuff crashing..lol
poboy62 is offline Find More Posts by poboy62
Old Jan 24, 2009, 03:46 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
If it wobbles some in the up and down direction, it's no problem since the distance to the motor gear is still the same.

A significant wobble in the horizontal direction, though, can lead to problems since the gear mesh will be tight at one spot and loose at another. If you do have a little wobble in this plane, set the mesh at the tightest spot. As long as it's not too loose anywhere else, you'll be OK.

And check the main shaft, like Landru said. You can pull the shaft and chuck it in a drill to spot a wobble.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc