HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2001, 09:03 PM
jh
Joined Apr 2001
17 Posts
lost prop mission

i came home from school today and charged up my flight packs went across the street two my two acre flying feild and had two great flights with my t-52 the field is covered in 3 ft. tall weeds its easy to spot a plane but after my second flight i heveed the plane into the air and noticed something fall i nosed down and bellied in as quickly as possible went too my plane and noticed the prop gone so i went to were i thought the prop fell set down the plane so i could look eisier and found after 35 min of looking(i wasnt going home to my dad without it) that it was within a foot of were i sat the plane down i felt real in tellegent as i carried the plane and prop home
jh is offline Find More Posts by jh
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2001, 09:09 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,719 Posts
You're lucky! My two prop losses have occured on the far side of the flying field...red props in grass and I'm color blind.
Found 'm but it took awhile. Guess a little locktite is in order.
hoppy
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old May 01, 2001, 06:41 AM
jh
Joined Apr 2001
17 Posts
or some yellow spray paint
jh is offline Find More Posts by jh
Old May 01, 2001, 10:54 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2000
1,314 Posts
Where's the period?
rcdude is offline Find More Posts by rcdude
Old May 02, 2001, 08:08 AM
Novara ,ITALY
Joined Sep 1999
522 Posts
rcdude,
it's after the word «ft»

jh,
maybe your dad gets more angry if you come home 35 minutes later than expected, than if you loose a 2$ prop!
By the way, do you use the white Gunther prop with the black push-on hub? Some people suggest to buy an aluminium prop adaptor and bore out the existing hole, you won't loose props any more.

[This message has been edited by Giacomo (edited 05-02-2001).]
Giacomo is offline Find More Posts by Giacomo
Old May 03, 2001, 08:22 PM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,460 Posts
My experience with these push-on props is a mixed bag. Really like the Gunther 'ZAGI' prop but mine are always popping off.

I take out the rubber hubber-spinner, ream out the hole, fit the aluminum adapter as mentioned by Giocomo.

This is a 5 minute job and the prop won't come off onless you want to remove it.
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck