HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2014, 02:46 PM
Sports scale builder
Joined Jan 2012
926 Posts
The hinges have dried and I tested the aileron, all is good. I had to do a little tweaking to get it to move freely. But I think we got it

The aileron is held with three #72 button head stainless steel screws. I thread them into the G10 and will put a nut on it at final setup.

Once I get the entire wing done and before I do the final glassing I will go over the aileron 0one last time to see if there is anything I can do to improve it.

The gap looks good and I will be very curious to see how they perform. My Mobius cam will be mounted to one of the servo hatches for testing and I will point it at the aileron to look for flutter or anything ells of interest.

Feels good to get this done.

The horn is in and linkage attached.

Checking the ailerons off the list. I am starting to feel like I am in full stride now, been putting in 10hr days on this baby.

Post video.

aileron vid 8 001 (1 min 4 sec)

TB
Tonybuilder is online now Find More Posts by Tonybuilder
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2014, 12:34 PM
Aviation Maintenance Manager
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Dec 2012
293 Posts
OMG! I cant believe the detail of this build! You should be hired by top RC/Model Plane companies to Design /QA their warbird line ups.
Thanks for sharing!
carrera mike is offline Find More Posts by carrera mike
Old Jun 09, 2014, 01:33 PM
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
924 Posts
You got that right Mike! TB is quite the builder and something else on details! Watching one of his builds is like getting a degree in R/C building!

Mike C
flyerinokc is offline Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Old Jun 10, 2014, 07:49 AM
Aviation Maintenance Manager
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Dec 2012
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerinokc View Post
You got that right Mike! TB is quite the builder and something else on details! Watching one of his builds is like getting a degree in R/C building!

Mike C
Mike., I wish I have his talent and motivation.
Phenomenal work!
carrera mike is offline Find More Posts by carrera mike
Old Jun 10, 2014, 08:20 AM
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera mike View Post
mike., i wish i have his talent and motivation.
Phenomenal work!
+1!
flyerinokc is offline Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:59 AM
Sports scale builder
Joined Jan 2012
926 Posts
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:36 AM
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Oct 2009
298 Posts
What kind of spackling/filler do you use? Where can I find some and about how much? As for finishing I have primed and sanded my fuse once how many times would you recomend doing that. If you have a chance to look I would appreciate it here is my link.....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...993247&page=42
flyguy88 is offline Find More Posts by flyguy88
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:03 AM
Sports scale builder
Joined Jan 2012
926 Posts
flyguy, I use Evercote easy sand, you can get it on amazon for around $40, great stuff. I don't use spackle anymore. I also prefer to do my filling after I put the glass cloth on.

Hope this helps.

TB
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:32 PM
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Oct 2009
298 Posts
Tony,

Can you give me your method starting from your bare wood?

For example I started with my fuse because I am preparing to glass it. So far I have filled areas and then primed and sanded. Should I prime and sand again or should I clean up the surface and go ahead and fiberglass?

Sorry for all my questions this is just my first build.

Thanks again.
Flyguy
flyguy88 is offline Find More Posts by flyguy88
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:42 PM
Sports scale builder
Joined Jan 2012
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy88 View Post
Tony,

Can you give me your method starting from your bare wood?

For example I started with my fuse because I am preparing to glass it. So far I have filled areas and then primed and sanded. Should I prime and sand again or should I clean up the surface and go ahead and fiberglass?

Sorry for all my questions this is just my first build.

Thanks again.
Flyguy
Fly guy, on the fuselage I don't do much sanding before glassing, I just knock down the big stuff. I only use spackle to fill in holes. Then I glass. I do any filling and leveling with evercoat easy sand and light weight bondo. Then I sand and sand and sand.

TB
Old Jul 06, 2014, 03:32 PM View Post
pilotdude2
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while pilotdude2 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 06, 2014, 03:43 PM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotdude2 View Post
You can get aircraft kits like this with the new kickstarter campaign to obtain a laser cutter, plotter, and finish a vacuum forming machine to provide airplane short kits, full kits, and ARF's, and R/C and standard rocket kits. You can see it at http://kck.st/1miw2oj
There is a wide variety of airplanes available, and more cool products coming from Scale Aerospace in the near future. You can get more info with email to pilotdude2@hotmail.com
Instead of adding your advertisement for your new business or the one you are plugging on every airplane thread, why don't you just create your own listing under airplanes for sale, or vendor forum?
Warjet1950 is offline Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2014, 05:41 PM
Sports scale builder
Joined Jan 2012
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotdude2 View Post
You can get aircraft kits like this with the new kickstarter campaign to obtain a laser cutter, plotter, and finish a vacuum forming machine to provide airplane short kits, full kits, and ARF's, and R/C and standard rocket kits. You can see it at http://kck.st/1miw2oj
There is a wide variety of airplanes available, and more cool products coming from Scale Aerospace in the near future. You can get more info with email to pilotdude2@hotmail.com
Dude, your kidding......right! You have got to be the worst business man, all your doing is shooting yourself in the foot. If you think anyone is going to buy your kits with the BS methods your using here, on RCU and who knows where ells. Get lost and don't post your BS on my build diary, yes my build diary jerk.
Last edited by Tonybuilder; Jul 06, 2014 at 06:29 PM.