HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:19 PM
France, Aquitaine, Cambes
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
NAZA M and GPS

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out here with some advice but first I'll introduce myself. I have been flying RC stuff since 1970, Now retired and live in SW France. Over last couple of years I have been experimenting with multirotors starting with a home designed and build AVATAR Scorpion using KK board, then moving on to Tri's and quads, all using KK board.I now have a TBS Discovery frame with DJI NAZA FC which I have set up and flown several times successfully, now I'm looking at upgrading to a GPS module to use the Discovery for aerial photography and FPV.

Now here's the question. As the GPS module is quite pricey, I started to look at other options, I have a Fyetech FY21 AP with GPS used in a fix wing also some time ago I bought a multi wii controller with Crius 12c GPS module. I can't get on with this Wii thing as its not exactly user friendly to set up so its now in a drawer somewhere. But got to thinking, can I use the CRIUS 12C GPS module with the NAZA FC. the plug connector fits although I have not powered up as I don't know the connection layout of the NAZA, on the other hand, the CRIUS module is clearly marked. Has anyone here tried an alternative to the DJI module.

Sorry for the waffle, I'm on a learning curve here.

Lee
EB52 is offline Find More Posts by EB52
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Sep 2012
462 Posts
i think no one have tried and succeed connecting a 3rd party gps to a naza, it use diffrent code and things. and also naza is using a gps module that have a digital compass in it
WonderKing is offline Find More Posts by WonderKing