Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:32 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Don't you guys use failsafes?
Failsafe on a multicopter is a tricky one ... 2 options.
1. Kill power and crash quickly
2. Not kill power, assuming a regain of control.

I tend to go with the first option. The latter one means that in the event of not regaining control, the multicopter will not only fly away, but will also come down somewhere like an out of control power saw.
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:50 PM
One with the machine
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2010
391 Posts
Flown with DragonLink
Pecan Patch FPV Recon Live Video Feed (7 min 46 sec)
SuperFPVflyer is offline Find More Posts by SuperFPVflyer
Last edited by SuperFPVflyer; Jan 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:10 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post

I tend to go with the first option. The latter one means that in the event of not regaining control, the multicopter will not only fly away, but will also come down somewhere like an out of control power saw.
Not true if you have a KK2 board, auto level will hover it until you get control.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:15 PM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
Not true if you have a KK2 board, auto level will hover it until you get control.
So will the naza if its set up right.
metalbender4by is online now Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:34 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING_FORTRESS View Post
also i dont get how my 2.4ghz radio doesn't loose signal in an area croweded with 2.4ghz wifi and a cellphone antenna 300 feet away from me using signals close to 2.4ghz and having 1000 to 3000 foot range opn quad naza. yet my dl locks out at 5 feet. Yet when i do a dragonlink range check with no receiver antenna on my zephyr and a gopro next to it like littery next to it i walk 300 feet and its still works. I do have carbon fibre props on my quad but they can not be the problem as i have sayed i flew out nearly 1000 feet on 2.4ghz radio. I also hear that people with no naza but other fc don't tend to have this problem. I dont thing is so much of a range problem but something within the code of the dl reciever and dl transmiter. because i havent heard of people with dlv2 having this problem with naza. and something same goes for v1 i jjst don't understand
The Naza and the GoPro both emit a lot of rf noise, sometimes its an issue sometimes not thats the nature of radio signals.
The Naza Gps is also sometimes messed up by the Go Pro, mine it des not, my buddies it does.
Same goes for Dragonlink. You have to experiment.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:45 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post

If you don't have rth, the best thing is option 1, but I would add to keep slightly less power than a hover on the throttle, so it lands relatively softly.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:45 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,341 Posts
Mike,
I got my gear back today. Thanks!
Hopefully it gets back into my plane/quad over the weekend.
Thanks again!
JBB
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:14 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,341 Posts
Remind me: When powered does the DL V1 Rx have any LEDs illuminate?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:15 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Aug 2004
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH View Post
You are assuming that control is regained. If there is a major failure and failsafe kicks in, and there is hover throttle set in failsafe, the quad will continue slowly climb or descend and drift, and drift, and come down as the battery discharges, but with enough throttle for those razor sharp spinning blades to slice and dice their way through whatever is in their path.
I prefer the drop like a stone thanks.
Perhaps a full house naza is the exception where it will either failsafe to rth or hover on the spot until battery flattens.
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:25 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Received my upgraded DL today. Thanks Mike!

Question though... I still get twitching in the servos even after the upgrade. When I turn everything on and controls are at rest, the servos jitter/twitch slightly, as if I was back on FM 72 MHz. If I move the Tx away from the plane, that helps some. Or if I use the dummy load on the Tx, it's eliminated completely.

Haven't done a flight test yet so I don't know if it will do it in flight. But I'm assuming that the DL Tx just has so much power that it causes this when nearby to the plane. Although there's also a slight chance that the DL Tx is somehow affecting the PPM stream from my RC Tx. Not sure about that though.

Has anyone else experienced this?

BTW, I did the 15 minute calibration. Everything is binded properly. And solid green light on DL Tx. Oh and I also tested this with just the DL rx and a single servo attached. Same thing. So it's not something else in my setup.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:59 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang View Post

BTW, I did the 15 minute calibration. Everything is binded properly. And solid green light on DL Tx.

Did you power it off another pack or did you just install it in the plane?

Thanks!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:42 AM
Joined Jun 2010
419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin.gala View Post
Dragonlink receiver submittion
My first fly with dragon link V1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhjekVlg07Q
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:40 AM
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Yes, Check your email ! Everything has been shipping within 24 hours and I entered all the tracking numbers into the system this morning

Mike
Mike,
I'm not getting any email form you.
The PayPal transaction ID : 5F648949R8265462P
Thank you
plesk is offline Find More Posts by plesk
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:23 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Remind me: When powered does the DL V1 Rx have any LEDs illuminate?

Thanks!
Nope, not LED indicators on the V1 Rx's.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:39 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Naza is known to be very picky... But many people fly on here with no problems. The only failsafe I have ever had was when my Antenna went through a prop...

Ill check with FlOhio and see if we can find the noise... We are currently working on a clone of this Tri that will get all shielded servo and ESC wires once I learn to fly the thing

Chris
My Naza Disco has been working well for me, no failsafes at 1km. I have the gopro, 400mw 1280 vtx, TBS Core(unshielded) and DL rx/antenna at the rear. Not a lot of seperation but it seems to work. No idea why but I'm not going to change a thing.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint