HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2011, 06:08 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Would one of you mind opening the stock radio and see if it can be changed from mode one to two? Maybe a plug gets moved or it might require soldering..... just curious. The ratchet mechanism would have to move to the other side too.
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Last edited by jrjr; Jun 09, 2011 at 07:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2011, 06:28 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Assuming you are in USA, why not get the Bixler from the HK US warehouse, that way you will be getting everything you need except the ESC and your own receiver and lipo. Overall it is cheaper than BH. The Bixler includes the brushless motor and all 4 servos already installed and wired.
Ya know, I just did a search for Bixler on HK site and the rtf from US warehouse does not show as an option. Only ARF from US is there
Old Jun 09, 2011, 06:31 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
EZ style rear mounted motor fleet.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:19 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Ya know, I just did a search for Bixler on HK site and the rtf from US warehouse does not show as an option. Only ARF from US is there

Correct, only the ARF is available from the US warehouse currently, but it's out of stock. keep hoping for speedy resupply!
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:31 PM
Dssaction
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined May 2009
59 Posts
bixler unboxing

oky guys i recieve my bixler this week.

this is what i recieve!

bixler unboxing (2 min 19 sec)

any question let me know!
dssaction is offline Find More Posts by dssaction
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:23 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
EZ style rear mounted motor fleet.
How does the AXN fly compared to the Bixler?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:44 PM
Joined Dec 2010
117 Posts
Quote:
My HK bixler ARF is all setup and ready for maiden.
We are waiting for the maiden flight video
buffet is offline Find More Posts by buffet
Old Jun 10, 2011, 03:25 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
This model is a blatant rip off of another company's intellectual property. Supporting this kind of stuff will only have a negative impact in the long run, imo.

Spend your monies wisely and support originality and innovation.
So what company are you referring to? Nitroplanes Hawk Sky, Banana Hobby's Sky Surfer, Multiplex Easy Star?

Does this plan have some styling cues from other planes? Sure. Blatant rip off? Not so much.

So you espouse the concept of only buying from one supplier right? So all of your planes and electronics and cars and home electronics are from one place right?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:18 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
How does the AXN fly compared to the Bixler?
I'll let you know as soon as I fly the Bixler.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Bixler ARF added to the AUS warehouse.

The AUS warehouse just got the Bixler ARF:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18328
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:55 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
The AUS warehouse just got the Bixler ARF:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18328
Can't buy that if you are in the US. I decided on the SS and ordered that today.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 04:34 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Question...
I know that Lipo's are not supposed to be run below 3v/cell. How do you know when that point has been reached and you should land the plane? Other than landing and measuring, is there something in, maybe the ESC, or in the Lipo itself that does that? If it shuts the battery completely off that would be bad since you would have no control.....
Old Jun 11, 2011, 06:34 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,569 Posts
Most ESCs can be set for the cutoff voltage. Some just give you high , med, and low, others specify what the voltage options are. I stick with high or 3.1v or what ever equivalent the ESC offers. The batteries last longer.

Roger
maguro is offline Find More Posts by maguro
Old Jun 11, 2011, 07:01 PM
Gravity impaired
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
Most ESCs can be set for the cutoff voltage. Some just give you high , med, and low, others specify what the voltage options are. I stick with high or 3.1v or what ever equivalent the ESC offers. The batteries last longer.

Roger
Does that just shut down the motor and still allow the receiver and servos to function?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:24 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Question...
I know that Lipo's are not supposed to be run below 3v/cell. How do you know when that point has been reached and you should land the plane? Other than landing and measuring, is there something in, maybe the ESC, or in the Lipo itself that does that? If it shuts the battery completely off that would be bad since you would have no control.....

Actually, the critical number is the resting cell voltage that should not be below, the nominal voltage of lithium polymer cells, 3.7V. All serious RC modelers use a count down timer either the built in one in your transmitter, or a separate one with the alarm set at the known time when one should land. This is determined by experimentation because there are many variables that affect the discharge characteristics of any model including individual flying style. You should initially start with your time very conservative around 4 minutes. When the alarm sounds, land, then remove the pack and then check the voltage of the pack/ cells. Next flight, add another 30 seconds or so, and so on until you have found the optimum flight duration. so basically, once you land, your pack voltage shouldn't be lower than 7.4 for 2S, 11.1 for 3S, and 14.8 for 4S and so on. Actually, I limit my flight times a bit conservatively for a bit pad in case my flight consumes a little more than anticipated. I limit my flight duration that corresponds with a resting cell voltage around 3.80-3.85V.

These work very well, inexpensive also, I use these with my transmitters that don't have a built in timer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kitchen-Cooking-...item4cf759cfc7