Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:25 AM
Pontiac my other Obsession
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
All in all, it's everything I was hoping it would be. It's certainly a solid backyard bird that enjoys being tossed around. Great job, NE!
Rick, I ordered one... what about additional batteries?
I did not find them listed on the site.
Pontiaddict is offline Find More Posts by Pontiaddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:35 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiaddict View Post
Rick, I ordered one... what about additional batteries?
I did not find them listed on the site.
Parts aren't listed yet until we get the final quantities we'll be receiving. Hopefully be up by the end of the weekend.
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:38 AM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Hey Rick, If you have the time, could you tell us whether the 328 has the subtrim/EPA/gyro adjustments available like the Solo Pro does?
I wacked a 4 x 4 post doing tail-in funnels under my porch (it was raining, and I wanted to get more stick time...I know it was stupid), and upset something on the RX. Still tracing it to see if I can get her back in the air. It lights up, but then gives a dim flicker on the LED. Hopefully I can get her up again.....
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:43 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
I've been getting questions about parts via email, and I just wanted to let everybody know that you'll have the opportunity to add parts to your heli order prior to them shipping. That way you won't have to pay shipping costs on the parts also.
That's if we get the parts with the helis, of course.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,427 Posts
Hello,

First post on this forum. I live in Taiwan. My neighbor is a sales rep, here in Taiwan, for Nine Eagles. I will be buying the 328 when it comes out which is expected to be within about a month from now. My neighbor has a few samples but he wouldn't sell me one. He plans to give them out to local magazines and for other promotional deeds. I got to try a sample today, indoor, and it was very stable. I can't wait to fly one outside! I'm a beginner pilot so I can't give you an extensive review. I currently own a Solo Pro II and two Blade MSRs by E-flite. The Solo Pro is far better for a beginner as it is much more durable so my hopes are up as far as the 328 is concerned. I will get the 328 for 3000 New Taiwanese dollars which is about the same as 100USD. Yes, I know, it's cheap, but again the sales rep is my neighbor and I'm a stone's throw from China.

I greatly enjoyed the videos in this thread and the expertise shown by some posters so I decided to join. When I get my 328, I will post some flight videos to reciprocate.

Here's a video of me flying my Solo Pro II last Saturday on a windless day. Windless days are few and far apart this time of year in Taiwan. The light isn't great because it was cloudy and the heli is so small, but I get the little guy going max speed and pretty high up in the sky. It was so much fun!

By the way, is there a fix to avoid having the fly bar knocking on the canopy when flying it hard?

Anyways, here's the video. My user name on YouTube is Armattan.
Nine Eagles Solo fast flight and engineering defect shown (3 min 42 sec)

Sorry for the long first post.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Jun 27, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:38 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Hey Chris, welcome, glad you decided to jump in.

Please report anything and everything when you have the 328 in your possession, there's a lot of people here who would really appreciate this information.

Nice flying in that video, it's amazing how well the Solo Pro flies outside, even in wind. Regarding the flybar strikes, most people here tend to fabricate their own custom flybar. Main thing you need to do is stiffen it and/or shorten it.

An easier option is to get the Xtreme Productions carbon flybar: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7023

I have one myself, and it does eliminate flybar strikes, but with my Solo Pro it also introduced some undesirable traits such as random death dives, even in moderate flying conditions, so I've gone back to the stock flybar.

P.s. do you want me to PM you my postal address so that you may organise me a sample 328 for review?
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:31 AM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Chris I loved the 3 legged dog in the background lol. Would love to hear more about things in your location.
Rick
StCalvin is offline Find More Posts by StCalvin
Old Jun 27, 2011, 01:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,427 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Frank, I doubt a sales rep from Taiwan can cut the grass under the feet of your local sales rep and by the time you pay for shipping, it probably won't be worth it. Sorry... My neighbor's website is www.mji.com.tw His name is Maku Lin and his business email address is mji@seed.net.tw Feel free to contact him if you want to ask about price and availability but don't get me wrong, I did not join this forum to plug him. His website is crappy, by the way. It only displays about 1% of what he has in store. Again, I think it will probably be cheaper for you to go through your local sales rep.

My understanding about the fly bar on the Solo Pro is that if you shorten it, you have to make it heavier to make up for the change in length. correct me if I'm wrong.

I might buy a spare one and try to fix it up. Thank you for your answer in this regard. It still flies OK, but it has caused a crash on occasion, especially in windy conditions.

And yes, I will post what I know about the 328 when I get one, probably around the third week of July, unless I can convince my neighbor to let me play around outside with one of his samples sooner.

Calvin,

I and my wife are founders of an animal welfare organization in Taiwan called BARK(Befriend Animal Rescue Kaohsiung). Our website is www.bark-taiwan.org. The dog in the video is named Rosa. She was hit by a car and she lost a leg as a result. She also has a permanently deformed broken jaw. We rescued her. She was adopted and she is moving to Canada in about a month. We're just looking after her at the moment while her new owner is on holiday in Thailand. Check out our website and you'll get an insight about our life in Taiwan.

Cheers!

Chris

PS: The 328 doesn't have the issue of the fly bar knocking on the canopy. It actually clears the canopy by about 1 or 2 mm. One more reason I'm looking forward to take one out for a spin outdoor.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Jun 27, 2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 03:29 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Can anyone shed some light on how the pre-ordering system works at ClubHeli? Do I need to pay upfront? Am I guaranteed a heli from the first batch? I mean, I have no idea how many 328's ClubHeli has ordered and will receive nor how many people have placed pre-orders, so how do I know that ClubHeli will be receiving enough stock to cover my order?

Also, has anyone here ordered a heli from ClubHeli that lives outside of the US? What's the $25 international shipping like, is it reliable and how long does it typically take?

Am thinking about getting a 328 but am really not comfortable with pre-ordering (nothing to do with ClubHeli, just don't like doing it in general). I seem to be in a bit of a pickle as it appears if I don't pre-order than the price will increase once they are in stock.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:34 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,427 Posts
Why would you order from the US? The helis are made in China. You are in Australia, aren't you? If I were you, I would source them out directly from China. Let me see if I can get you some contact details directly from the company. I'll get back to you ASAP.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:37 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Can anyone shed some light on how the pre-ordering system works at ClubHeli? Do I need to pay upfront? Am I guaranteed a heli from the first batch? I mean, I have no idea how many 328's ClubHeli has ordered and will receive nor how many people have placed pre-orders, so how do I know that ClubHeli will be receiving enough stock to cover my order?

Also, has anyone here ordered a heli from ClubHeli that lives outside of the US? What's the $25 international shipping like, is it reliable and how long does it typically take?

Am thinking about getting a 328 but am really not comfortable with pre-ordering (nothing to do with ClubHeli, just don't like doing it in general). I seem to be in a bit of a pickle as it appears if I don't pre-order than the price will increase once they are in stock.
Frank I have a 328 on pre-order at Clubheli. I just checked my Visa balance and it is not on there. I think they put a hold on your credit card for the amount of the pre-order but you actually pay when the order is filled. Rick mentions above that we will also have opportunity to add spare parts to our order if he has them.

I don't know how they assure every pre-order is filled but I assume they can change the quantity of their order from NE up until it is ready to be shipped to them.

I bought my Solo Pro from Clubheli (I am in Canada) and was 100% pleased. I asked for a yellow one but with black skids and blades. Rick changed it over for me at no charge. Also they test fly before sending and you get a lolipop. IIRC shipping was ~2 weeks to Canada, was well packed, and no issues with Canada Customs.

I have also separately ordered xtreme upgrade parts. Both orders arrived quickly, well packaged and with lolipops. Two more parts/upgrade orders are still tied up in our postal strike.

Frank you've gotta get the 328. Your SP needs a 'big brother' to keep him company.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:13 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Thanks gordonzo.

bobepine, I was contemplating ordering from the US as ClubHeli is the only place I can find with a listing for the 328. I usually order from Hong Kong, but for some bizarre reason they are often the last people to get stock of Nine Eagles helis. E.g. the Bravo SX appeared in most European countries long before China started showing stock of them... Just to clarify, I'm sure people residing in China have access to the helis, I'm referring to the Chinese vendors who ship internationally.

Places like Miracle-Mart, MyRcMart and HeliPal will be the last to stock the 328, perhaps not seeing stock for months after release, and they're the places I generally like to buy from.
Last edited by Frank_fjs; Jun 30, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2011, 10:47 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,427 Posts
I'm not familiar with the distributors you mentioned. I'm new to the hobby and I bought my helis from local hobby stores. I now know one distributor who is my neighbor but he doesn't stock the 328 yet as I mentioned.

I didn't have time to call today but I did source the phone number for Nine Eagles. They are located in Jia Ding District in Shanghai. My Chinese isn't top notch but I can speak it well enough to converse with them. This is assuming that they will not try to speak Cantonese with me. You never know in Shanghai.
I'll try to find time to call them tomorrow and I will report my findings.

It's a long shot, though. We bought dog catching equipment from Germany last year and we had to beg them to ship to us because they wanted us to go through their local Taiwan distributor. The problem was that buying locally was more expensive, a lot more expensive, than buying from Germany and paying for international shipping and for import permits that were required for this type of equipment. It's like they have things backward sometimes...

More later after I contact the company.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:02 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Looks like the 328 is a hit in Japan.

Hitec, who seem to be the main distributor for NE helis in Japan, have sold out of stock.

Quote (roughly translated) from their twitter page:
Quote:
SoloPro328 broke and inconvenience in our stock sold out (red / yellow) will be restocked soon! Please wait a little longer!
Their weekly sales figures (look at the third table down):

So, the highest selling NE products for the week were:
  1. P51 Mustang
  2. Spitfire
  3. 328 red
  4. 328 yellow
  5. Solo Pro yellow
  6. Twingoo
  7. Solo Pro blue
  8. Solo Pro red
  9. LiPo battery for 328
  10. Combat Twister
Sorry for the mundane post, got to talk about something until the 328 arrives.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:32 AM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
Wow, I haven't been involved in looking at any heli's for a long time. I got one in the first batch of solo pros from Rick. I was very excited about it and it flew well. After their changes to the products and wear and tear I tried to up grade mine. It never worked out for me. Once I tried to fix mine with repacement parts it never flew again. Things do seem to keep going good for N.E. so they must be doing something right.
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf