HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by FASTALJR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 04, 2009, 09:59 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,545 Posts
Cool
Broome County Airshow, Binghamton Ny

Well its not often that you can see the Blue Angels twice in less than a week, but I can happily say that I have. Incredible Show in binghamton Once again. Had a great convo with Matt Chapman before his flight, and he is amazing with rc, and even more amazing with Full scale. He actually did a rolling harrier!!!! Coupled with this, the Mx-2, an extra, Pitts s2s, B-25, Harrier Demo, F-16 West, demo team, Golden knights, 3rd Strike Wing Walking, Rob Holland Matt Chapmnm Jack Knutson, the L-29 flown by Don Bailey who is 78 yrs old!!!! I was in heaven again! BEST OF ALL, we got a Fat Albert Jato Takeoff on The 4th of July!!!! WOOOOOOT! Flood incoming, I had my Gf, and she managed to take over 100 pictures with a small Digi, while I was again using the slr, over 550 total pictures, I have one thing to say! INCOMING!!!!!!!!
FASTALJR is online now Find More Posts by FASTALJR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2009, 11:39 AM
I crash there for I am...
Colorado, not enough oxygen
Joined Jul 2006
304 Posts
Cool,
I've still got family in Johnson City and I grew up in Endicott. Great to see some picts of that show. I remember going many years ago and it was great.

Thanks for the picts.
Bill in colorado
muskis2 is offline Find More Posts by muskis2
Old Jul 05, 2009, 04:14 PM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,240 Posts
OMG! What fantastic pictures. A wonderful collection of rare aircraft was at this airshow. I wish I could have been there. I didn't know that the movie version of the "Memphis Belle" was still flying around to airshows, and the pictures of the US Airways Express Dash 8 100 brought back a lot of memories. (I used to work on them as an A&P for Piedmont here in Jacksonville Florida until they closed the base here)
Also, I have the Great Planes version of Matt Chapmans' Cap 580 that I flew only this morning.

Thanks for posting these!

Bill

PS: I was born in Albany, NY, but have not lived there since 1970.
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal
Old Jul 05, 2009, 06:32 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,041 Posts
Awesome Pix!! Thanks for sharing your day with us!! I can't count how many times I've been in that CH-46!!!

Thanks!

Dave

EDIT: Former Dutchess County resident.
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Jul 05, 2009, 07:14 PM
Endicott,N.Y.
Joined Nov 2005
145 Posts
Al, I wish I knew you were here. I was at the show Sat. with a flying buddy and Sun. with familly.
Jim Carr is offline Find More Posts by Jim Carr
Old Jul 05, 2009, 09:11 PM
Joined Apr 2008
350 Posts
great pics, i didnt get a chance to bring my camera a buddy of mine and i were working the flight line. we are in jim carrs pic of robs mx2. had a nice front row seat out between the harriers and stearman
cessna54tango is offline Find More Posts by cessna54tango
Old Jul 05, 2009, 09:43 PM
Endicott,N.Y.
Joined Nov 2005
145 Posts
"Where we ya sitting Sat, Jim, me and the GF were directly in front of where the harrier, and the f-16s were."

We were not too far from you, just left of "show center" probably 50 feet back from the flightline.
Jim Carr is offline Find More Posts by Jim Carr