HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2004, 03:24 PM
Richmond VA
Joined Feb 2004
114 Posts
Co-Pilot with rudder control????

I just got the Co-Pilot and wanted to use this with my Slow Stick for AP so my photos will come out better. Just wanted to ask you guys a few questions about this device. Is it a way that you can use the co-pilot for rudder control instead of ailerons? I see that the co-pilot only has inputs for elevator and ailerons. I have searched around and found a few guys using the co-pilot on the Slow Stick but wondered how you got it to work without aileron control. Do you have to install ailerons on the Slow Stick or is it a way that you can use the rudder on the co-pilot?
v3611504 is offline Find More Posts by v3611504
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2004, 04:09 PM
Trying to defy gravity...
USA, NY, East Northport
Joined Dec 2003
2,896 Posts
My AP Stick with CoPilot uses standard rudder and elevator control. I just plugged the elevator servo into the "Elevator" (up/down) channel, and the rudder servo into the "Aileron" (right/left) channel .... and it worked just fine.

I love my CoPilot, I wouldn't fly AP without one.

Jimsky
jimsky is offline Find More Posts by jimsky
Old Dec 26, 2004, 05:35 PM
My three sons...
Steamboat Springs Co.
Joined Nov 2004
1,093 Posts
JimSky,

What copilot do you use and where can I get one?

Thanks

Beauregard
Beauregard is offline Find More Posts by Beauregard
Old Dec 26, 2004, 05:46 PM
Trying to defy gravity...
USA, NY, East Northport
Joined Dec 2003
2,896 Posts
I'm flying an FMA CoPilot, it uses four infrared sensors to determine the horizon line. Earth is "hot" the sky is "cool", IR wise. It "sees" the horizon front/back and left/right and adjust the rudder and elevator to keep the plane level whenever you let go of the stick. It really works quite well.

Go to:
https://www.fmadirect.com/site/home.htm

and do a search on "COPILOT". There are two systems, I'm using the less expensive $99 one in which you use your exsisting receiver.

I just can't say enough good things about device. Level horizons on every photo, perfect landings everytime...I love this gadget.

Jimsky
jimsky is offline Find More Posts by jimsky
Old Dec 26, 2004, 06:05 PM
Richmond VA
Joined Feb 2004
114 Posts
Thanks jimsky for your info. I will hook it up....
v3611504 is offline Find More Posts by v3611504