SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2014, 04:56 PM
Helnet @--X
Canada,Qc
Joined Dec 2003
96 Posts
Your suggestions for setup

I ordered the fx79. I want to do the mapping image. I have the Pixhawks video tx 5.8, and Sony NEX-7 camera. Maybe I'll change the camera to a Canon S100. I'll see.

I want to fly for at least 45 minutes.

I would like your suggestions on what setup I should go. 3S, 4S or 6S.
Helnet is offline Find More Posts by Helnet
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2014, 09:33 PM
Helnet @--X
Canada,Qc
Joined Dec 2003
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helnet View Post
I ordered the fx79. I want to do the mapping image. I have the Pixhawks video tx 5.8, and Sony NEX-7 camera. Maybe I'll change the camera to a Canon S100. I'll see.

I try to do the calculation with motocalc but I'm missing some info. Wing area.
Old Oct 07, 2014, 01:57 PM
United States, WA, Quincy
Joined Aug 2013
517 Posts
I'm going to use this wing as a NIR crop surveying platform. I'm testing my pixhawk on a herc, and have a cannon SC110 ordered (along with the glass for NIR). Seems like you guys have some good info in here!
pshelton is online now Find More Posts by pshelton
Old Oct 08, 2014, 11:57 PM
Helnet @--X
Canada,Qc
Joined Dec 2003
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helnet View Post

The total weight with all equipment will be 3kg considering that I fly with asetup of 4s.

I still wonder. Why fly 3S, 4S or 6S?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:31 PM
Joined Sep 2014
5 Posts
zeta fx 79 uncontrollable nose down ????

i glide and zeta nose down,i dont understand why?whenn i land im check battery and all item for possible movement ,but all was o.k,the first moment i think something has moved and change COG front,but really all item in plane was o.k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ieD...ature=youtu.be
matolowa is online now Find More Posts by matolowa
Old Oct 11, 2014, 07:42 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matolowa View Post
i glide and zeta nose down,i dont understand why?whenn i land im check battery and all item for possible movement ,but all was o.k,the first moment i think something has moved and change COG front,but really all item in plane was o.k

What servos did you use? I had a similar problem with mine and I was using hs65's. I'm starting to think the servos were not strong enough.
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:58 AM
Joined Sep 2014
5 Posts
for metalbender4by
i use hk922 digital metal servo,this servo are more bigger like stock servo,and i think its not problem with not strong enough servo..i had this problem first time .With zeta 79 a fly i think 100 times and this problem i had only after i install folding propeller with brake on ESC,,hm?i use orange UHF ,but personaly i think its problem with wind condition.but in day when i fly was wind not so strong,,hm ???
Old Oct 15, 2014, 06:38 AM
Joined Sep 2014
5 Posts
nose dive

i think ,,whenn zeta 79 go in uncontrolable nose dive ,is caused with direct COG.I think it should be little forward .If is direct ,is not good.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 09:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
32 Posts
The flaps fixed tightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by matolowa View Post

1、The flaps fixed tightly
2、Motor become warped up
cfcf is offline Find More Posts by cfcf
Last edited by cfcf; Oct 15, 2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 01:18 AM
Helnet @--X
Canada,Qc
Joined Dec 2003
96 Posts
I'm looking for the best configuration for the FX-79 and this is what I had as result with eCalc for more than 60 minutes of fligh time.

Basic data:
Model All Up Weight: 3000g
Batteries: 2 X 5000mah 3S 45c-60c
Controller: 100A
Propeller: 12X7 APC Electric E
Wing area: 1000 square inch

RESULTS:
Flight time: 63min - Motor: Turnigy Multistar 4230-630 - Efficiency: 90.1%
Flight time: 63min - Motor: Tiger Motor MT2814-11 - Efficiency: 86.9%
Flight time: 62min - Motor: Turnigy Multistar 2814-700 - Efficiency: 86.3%
Flight time: 62min - Motor: SunnySky X3108S-720 - Efficiency: 83.7%
Flight time: 62min - Motor: RCTimer HP2814-710 - Efficiency: 88.5%
Flight time: 62min - Motor: MegaMotor ACn 22/45/3E - Efficiency: 88.5%
Flight time: 61min - Motor: SunnySky X3508S-16 - Efficiency: 88.2%
Flight time: 61min - Motor: Scorpion SII-4020-630 - Efficiency: 86.6%
Flight time: 60min - Motor: Tiger Motor MT3515-9 - Efficiency: 85.8%
Flight time: 60min - Motor: Ipower MT4114-700kv - Efficiency: 79.7%

Can we trust ecalc with this data?

What is your configuration?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 05:21 AM
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,247 Posts
Turnigy D3536/6 1250kv 3s with a 10x5 prop, Battery is just what I had at the moment a 3300mAh 3s and from memory the max amp draw was just shy of 40amps at take off, and a cruise of around 6amps, and by cruise I mean cruise. This flight from a while ago will give you some idea. Oh BTW I don't like heavy aircraft, this weighs in at just under 2kg if my memory serves me correctly ...

So, you have a bit more than an extra 1kg over me on yours and half of that is battery. I like the Tiger motor. Turnigy is ok but ... Your hour should be possible with careful throttle management, I can get 20 minutes out of mine.

Launch at 1:30

Zeta Science FX 79 Buffalo, Post repair Test Flight, Flight cam & OSD (7 min 20 sec)
Heppy Ket is offline Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
Last edited by Heppy Ket; Oct 18, 2014 at 05:33 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 07:28 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,612 Posts
EDIT: I found your videos on this thanks! How did you mount the hook on the FX-79?
Hi H,
Thanks for posting. I am interested in your bungee setup and launch procedures. Can you please provide details?
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket View Post
Turnigy D3536/6 1250kv 3s with a 10x5 prop, Battery is just what I had at the moment a 3300mAh 3s and from memory the max amp draw was just shy of 40amps at take off, and a cruise of around 6amps, and by cruise I mean cruise. This flight from a while ago will give you some idea. Oh BTW I don't like heavy aircraft, this weighs in at just under 2kg if my memory serves me correctly ...

So, you have a bit more than an extra 1kg over me on yours and half of that is battery. I like the Tiger motor. Turnigy is ok but ... Your hour should be possible with careful throttle management, I can get 20 minutes out of mine.

Launch at 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKyKRDRXqGc
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Oct 18, 2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 01:30 PM
Helnet @--X
Canada,Qc
Joined Dec 2003
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket View Post

If we compare your data with eCalc, we are far from

Do you know any other software to compare data as eCalc?

Thank you for your information.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 03:03 PM
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,247 Posts
Helnet, I think ecalc is a good starting point, but not the final word. We are using different motors as well, so it's just a guide. Your intended purpose is different so how much weight you carry will affect it all and so on. I tend to carry enough battery for the mission, and will shortly be trying out 4400mAh on 3s, looking for a safe half hour. that will do me. You'll find she will cruise along and quite a low throttle setting, but trying to push it will just burn battery for a small gain in speed.

jesolins, the hook is mounted just in front of the nominal Centre of Gravity to give the wing a pitch up when launched, it can be further forward and you will have less pitch up. The ramp is the Hobby King Bungee ramp, but with 2 lengths of the blue silicon bungee cord in parallel. At 2kg in weight you want about 6 - 7 kg of "pull". It won't be a fast launch but it will do the trick.

Hobby King Bungee Launcher (3 min 0 sec)

Towhook for FX-79 Buffalo (0 min 53 sec)
Heppy Ket is offline Find More Posts by Heppy Ket