HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:49 AM
Canada, ON, Cottam
Joined Jan 2012
1,474 Posts
Reginald, I never heard of the Tiger Wasp or Rum. They look interesting. I guess they were trying to cash in on the European market like Cox in the US. It is cheap to make a motor if it can all be done on a screw machine (or more recently CNC) It saves time from making castings etc. The reason I got back into this thread today though is because I noticed that Hobbypartz is back into selling some little NITRO engines. They have even the AP .06, .09, and .15 as well as the hot (ish) blue head .15 in stock. I guess they get an order and don't get more until they sell off all the stock. They were down to 2 motors last I checked, and for months too. I would get them soon before all the little ones are gone. (no I don't work for them, I kind of gave up on them actually until today's email/ad)
aspeed is online now Find More Posts by aspeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:24 PM
United States, MN, Andover
Joined Sep 2012
112 Posts
aspeed, thanks for the heads up. Hobbypartz has reasonable shipping ($7 to Mn) and reasonable prices on the small engines. I remember the good old days as a teenager when you could order a radio or airplane out of an RCM ad, get it delivered UPS, for COD, and didn't have to pay $15 for shipping? Pre-credit card days... How many know what COD stands for??? LOL I feel old...
pspring is offline Find More Posts by pspring
Old Aug 28, 2013, 01:01 PM
Canada, ON, Cottam
Joined Jan 2012
1,474 Posts
They used to have free shipping on $50 or more about two years ago, then they make an announcement that it is $75, then $100 min. For Canada is $10, still not bad. I got two motors to get the cheaper shipping, now I have to get three or four, I sure don't need that many. I think I got a flight pack last time too. Electric motor, speed control and couple servos for $24 to get the $50 min. Never tried the leckie yet, but the ASP and AP .15's are pretty good.
aspeed is online now Find More Posts by aspeed
Old Sep 01, 2013, 09:16 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Feb 2013
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SnApRoLl View Post
Sad isn't it? I remember talking with a Toy's R Us manager years ago who said that they stopped selling Cox planes because kids were injuring themselves and parents were threatening law suits. When I was a kid it was common to play with "dangerous" toy's! If I cut my finger on a prop, my parents would clean it up with some peroxide and slap a band aid on it and we'd go try it again. That's how I (and I'm sure most kids back then) learned. Back then as kids we learned how to be mechanics, engineers, fabricators and test pilots and learned how to use tools and we spent more time outside than inside. Nowadays it seems that kids are raised indoors on video games and Twinkies while the parents sue the video game makers for being too violent!

Shawn
I must have had the .049 backfire onto my finger a hundred times as a boy. Not to mention the Enya .09. They never drew blood or injury and after a while you just got used to it. Too stupid to use a stick, you see.

Of course on the rare occasions I could get the .049 to run, it always ran backwards.
Phil U is offline Find More Posts by Phil U
Old Sep 07, 2013, 12:30 AM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
577 Posts
twin

Just out of curiosity what would you take for the K&B Allyn Sky Fury?
Thanks,
Ken
Ken Lilja is online now Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2013, 02:41 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja View Post
Just out of curiosity what would you take for the K&B Allyn Sky Fury?
Thanks,
Ken
That was sold last week for 95$ but most of the engines shown are still available have'nt put them up for sale in Classifieds yet
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald