HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined Jul 2013
9 Posts
Help!
Noob build help!!

hi guys im new to tricopters and rc airplane/heli hobby.. i wanted to take a leap into this by building myself a tricopter..
i have been doing some reserch but am still not knowing what i am doing..

so what i want to build is a simple tricopter that would be very simple to fix if i crash and would like to in the future do acrobatic flight and carry light camaras for filming..

i realy like the setup from the simplecopter website..

Building The Simple Tricopter from www.simplecopter.com (52 min 2 sec)

http://www.simplecopter.com/simple-tricopter-2-0/

and wanted to build somthing similar to this and in a small budget..
i have already build the frame flightest website tricopter plans and made it of plastic and wood.. and i also bought a 6ch radio so i am now ready to order the parts for the tricopter but am lost in the electronics motors and props..(pretty much everything)

this is what i came up with since i did want somthing similar to the simplecopter but reealy wanted to order everything from hobbyking.com which dont have the motors that the simplecopter have..

Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board
F-30A - Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC
Turnigy D3530/14 1100KV Brushless motor
Slow Fly Electric Prop 8045R
Turnigy 3000mAh 4S 20C Lipo Pack
Hitec HS-82MG Micro Metal Gear Servo

is this setup ok?? motors.. battey.. ESC..??
should i get bigger props..
im i overkilling it??
im i underdoing it??

any recomended setups?? i do not want to spend way too much money..

thanks!!!
nicotrial is offline Find More Posts by nicotrial
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2013, 09:17 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
826 Posts
i have used the turnigy 2826 1400kv with 8x4.5 and 3 cell with good luck.
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio
Old Jul 08, 2013, 09:19 PM
Joined Feb 2013
980 Posts
Motor Kv is a little high for 4 cells, you'd have to run smaller props and would probably lose efficiency. Should be like 750-900, or so. Other than that, looks good to me boss.
Electro 2 is offline Find More Posts by Electro 2
Old Jul 09, 2013, 10:35 AM
Joined Jul 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstudio View Post
i have used the turnigy 2826 1400kv with 8x4.5 and 3 cell with good luck.
ohh ok this motor looks good!! do i need the 40amp ESCs for it or is the 30amp good..

hehe i was not expecting to get help from the same builder of the same tricopter i was trying to build..thanks i realy like your tricopters and your youtube channel is great! please upload more videos!!
Old Jul 28, 2013, 06:14 AM
Joined Jul 2013
9 Posts
i finaly build my tricopter its so awsome!! i have crashed in one day 4 times already lost 2 props and had to rebuild some broken parts and i just broke the rudder that cracked in half so im going to redisigne the rudder now.. it flys realy good except i keep on getting a slight yaw rotating clockwise which makes it kind of hard to fly for a bigginer and i see no trimmer on the kk2 board to fix this so i trim it with the controller but does not fix it much.. any tips.. i had to pump up a bit the pi settings for the yaw but it flies very good except for the slight spinning in the yaw..

another question when i build the rudder does the servo in the center position and the brushles motor have to be perfectly horizontal when i start it up or does this not effect anything since the pi controll ajusts everythin??

one more thing i have bought two batteries and one of the batteries i have bought does not charge it throws an error on the charger after a few minutes and the charger does not even heat up like on the otherone should i write to hobbyking send me a new one??

thanks ill put up some pictures soon and some videos when i learn to fly better..
Old Jul 28, 2013, 06:17 AM
Joined Jul 2013
9 Posts
ohh and do you guys on the controller use the yaw on the left trottle joystick or do you switch it to the right joystick.. i find it realy hard to controll the yaw on the same stick as the throttle becouse when i yaw i accedenly accelerate or shut of the motors..
Old Jul 28, 2013, 06:21 AM
"Here birdy birdy birdy..."
Israel
Joined Sep 2006
226 Posts
Couple of days ago I started to use RCMatch to compare price and look for products.
There is a whole section dedicated to Multirotors:
http://www.rcmatch.com/content/multirotors

If you're on a small budget this website should be very useful for you.

Maayan
MDreamer is offline Find More Posts by MDreamer
Old Jul 28, 2013, 06:39 AM
Joined Jul 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDreamer View Post
Couple of days ago I started to use RCMatch to compare price and look for products.
There is a whole section dedicated to Multirotors:
http://www.rcmatch.com/content/multirotors

If you're on a small budget this website should be very useful for you.

Maayan
great thanks look interesting
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:49 PM
Joined Feb 2013
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotrial View Post
ohh and do you guys on the controller use the yaw on the left trottle joystick or do you switch it to the right joystick.. i find it realy hard to controll the yaw on the same stick as the throttle becouse when i yaw i accedenly accelerate or shut of the motors..
Yes, Mode 2 is the standard in the US. Only pattern flyers use Mode 1. Learning yaw vs. throttle is an art. One of many "stick skills" you'll need to fully control flight. You shouldn't have to move yaw far at all in order to stabilze the craft, top of the stick shouldn't move more than 1/4 inch, or so. Aircraft should be inheirently stable in yaw for normal flight. Also, throttle should need a fairly large movement, like 3/4 of total stick travel, to actually shut off the motors. If this isn't true, something is wrong.
Electro 2 is offline Find More Posts by Electro 2