SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 31, 2013, 03:30 AM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,551 Posts
That motor mount is worthy of display for its own sake.
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2013, 11:12 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,686 Posts
Hey thanks Terry!

Here is the whole package after a fresh polish:
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old May 31, 2013, 04:54 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,686 Posts
I got the tray for the fuel tank re-installed today. Then I re-installed the glow driver battery, and fixed the fuel tank into place. It is a fairly tight squeeze-fit as is but I also used a piece of double sided tape. Because the VQ factory drilled the hole in the firewall for the fuel tank, too large, I will need to pack some wadding around the neck of the tank. I also got the carb control rod sheath glued into place.

All for now.
Old Jun 02, 2013, 06:43 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,686 Posts
Today I installed my Rx switch into the cockpit. I will use a servo extension wire to connect it to the power panel.

I also needed to position the glow driver telltale LED and I found myself in a bit of a quandry. I really wanted to place it inside the cockpit, but that would mean I would have to walk around the wing to look at the IP every time I needed to see it. I really did not want to stick it on the side of the fuselage.

But, logic won out and I placed it on the side of the fuselage. I also placed it on the side that will be closest to me when flying so that I can see it more easily when the plane is in the air. We typically fly a CCW pattern at my field.

Since I finally got around to install the Rx switch, it was now okay to permanently stick down the pilot. I used some double sided tape and also a bolt. Then I CA'd around the bolt so it won't back out.