HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:26 PM
Chico, California USA
Joined Mar 2003
464 Posts
Suggestion
One more on 'classic' and classifieds

I am not sure RCG understands the comments related to 'classic' and more specifically as it applies to classifieds. Imagine receiving a long email and being forced to read it by displaying it one line at a time on the screen. It would be much more reasonable to view as much of the email as possible to prevent constant scrolling back and forth.

With the 'classic' style I can view, on one screen, all new entries in a selected category since the last time I was on the system a day or two preceding...most of the time no scrolling necessary.

This is not an issue of personal 'like or dislike', it an issue of useability and convienience. For some reason the programmers want to tell the users what they should like rather than the other way around.

Thank you,

Wayne
Salmon-Run is offline Find More Posts by Salmon-Run
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Apr 2012
811 Posts
Thanks Wayne, we appreciate the feedback and I'll pass this along!
awagar is offline Find More Posts by awagar
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,418 Posts
Wayne,

I don't understand your comment at all. Can you share a link and tell me in more detail what it is your are seeing versus what you expect to see?

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
Administrator
Joined Nov 1998
5,418 Posts
Ok. I think I see what you are talking about now and we are working on a fix.

Jim
Administrator
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
Chico, California USA
Joined Mar 2003
464 Posts
Jim, glad you found something because I'm lost. I was going to use a screen capture to illustrate my problem and discovered a new problem.

Originally when I displayed a classified category the result appeared to be a cross between 'default' and 'classic'. Now when I display a classified category I get a true default with picture. Can you tell me how to switch classifieds back to 'classic' so I can determine if the original problem still exists....I have lost the selection (classic, default, etc)criteria from the very bottom of my screen. The default display format ONLY appears when selecting a classified category.

Retired after 30 years with IBM, consulted to software companies and I HATE COMPUTERS!

Thanks,

Wayne
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:30 PM
Administrator
Joined Nov 1998
5,418 Posts
I don't understand what you are saying, Wayne, but I'm wondering if maybe you used to browse the classifieds with thumbnails turned off? If so then you can restore that by clicking the little minus button next to the word "Thumbnails" in the table header.

Jim
Administrator
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
Chico, California USA
Joined Mar 2003
464 Posts
Picture(s) worth 1,000 words

1. Photo #1 is what every display on RCG looks like except within CLASSIFIED.
2. Photo #2 is the format I get when I select a category in CLASSIFIED. Please tell me how to get to the format shown in photo #1 when I select a CLASSIFIED item.
3. I need to get back to the earlier display format (Photo#1) to see if my ORIGINAL problem still exists.

I sincerely aplogize if I inadvertently caused this problem which started earlier this week.

If you would like we can move to PM or email.

Wayne
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
Administrator
Joined Nov 1998
5,418 Posts
Wayne,

Ah. There isn't anything you can do about it. We have something we have to fix on our end. We're working on it but might not have it fixed until next week.

Jim
Administrator
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
Chico, California USA
Joined Mar 2003
464 Posts
Eureka, I am not going crazy!

Thank you,

Wayne