SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2014, 07:40 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
I forgot who asked. The right ailevon broke just in front of the wire hinge. You can see the left one is still in one piece. Totally my fault for not glassing the ailevons.
With 4s i had the pack as far fwd as i could which made me freak out about tail weight, therefore i did not glass the ailevons (speed run was on 5s) . I thought with 4 coats of WBP and the paint and thick clear would keep me safe. And i never thought it would ever go faster then 160. lesson learned. I have two more f-16s in the box and a squall. i just need decide if i want to try it again, the speed record that is. It gets a little expensive as you all know when you go balls out stupid for speed.

Eflux (Gary) the volocity cool 42 took it bad. The top of the motor can is bent and the shaft as you can imagine is bent over about 10-15 degrees. Can you get parts or should i just toss it in the trash with everything else. Well except for the back half of the alum housing you sold me. It looks like it might still be good. The "screw on" front half took and the impact.
Hey Gary,
Good seeing ya at the Jolt.
Your 16 was flying great, until............ It was one of the prettiest ones I've seen
Sorry to see that. Unfortunately, the shafts are not replaced on any inrunners motor that I know of. I wouldn't attempt to use any portion of the motor after that hit. You might want to contact Velocity RC to obtain a new motor. You can be sure that they will have the genuine article.
http://www.velocity-rc.com/cgi-bin/vrc/prod/manager.cgi
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2014, 07:53 PM
ks5p3r
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined May 2013
336 Posts
I have the super cub,PZ t28,PZ corsair f4u-1a,critical mass I just started flying the phase 3 f16 and I'm hooked on jets.Was thinking of getting the fms f4 or the Freewing Stinger.what do you all thing would be better for grass landings.Better question is what is as good as the phase 3 f16 to add to my collection.
vondetour is offline Find More Posts by vondetour
Old Oct 28, 2014, 08:33 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
558 Posts
You can't go wrong with the stinger,if you haven't already, check this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1999929
chopperscott is online now Find More Posts by chopperscott