HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 06, 2010, 05:29 PM
What's that button do?
Shpook's Avatar
Hollywood, FL
Joined Feb 2008
1,347 Posts
BTW, I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but a 3.2mm collet IS included in the kit, for use with the spinner.
Shpook is offline Find More Posts by Shpook
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2010, 07:52 AM
Nexxa
nexxa's Avatar
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Joined Oct 2003
106 Posts
Anyone have the ready to fly weight of there Rifle?

I just finish mine with the recommend mods (wing tab replace, a carbon rod in the wing and firewall special care)
Its came out pretty heavy with my power setup! like 18 Oz without the Lipo!
Im afraid it will some crash on hand launch!

With the lipo, Im about 23/24 oz with the CG just a little fowarded.

Motor: Ammo 28-45-2700
Lipo: 4S 1800 35C
Prop: 4.75x5.5
Esc: 60Amps
Receiver: spektrum 2.4 5 Ch.
Servos: Hitec HS-65Mg

Will it fly!
nexxa is offline Find More Posts by nexxa
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 08:56 AM
Ebolavoodoo's Avatar
United States, CA, El Cerrito
Joined Jan 2007
1,025 Posts
My friends was a bit heavy. Thing launched from hand throw no problem. Good luck!

jerry
Ebolavoodoo is online now Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 08:57 AM
Aerobatic Fanatic
HugoCraft's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
I have a (4) Rhino 2250mAh 3S 11.1v 40C packs and I wonder if they would fit in the rifle? But would they be to heavy too?

Pack size: 126x39x24mm
Weight : 213g

HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:00 AM
Ebolavoodoo's Avatar
United States, CA, El Cerrito
Joined Jan 2007
1,025 Posts
Hugocraft, good luck. My friend could barely fit his 1350 TP in his. The Turnigy 1500 was too thick.
Think you are going to have to shop for new, smaller lipos!
Ebolavoodoo is online now Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:27 AM
Nexxa
nexxa's Avatar
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Joined Oct 2003
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
I have a (4) Rhino 2250mAh 3S 11.1v 40C packs and I wonder if they would fit in the rifle? But would they be to heavy too?

Pack size: 126x39x24mm
Weight : 213g

I dont think it will fit. Just a little too big. And you will need move your reciver behing the wing.

Me I was able to fit a FlightMax 3S2200 25C and a 4S1800 40C (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10291).

But everything is squeeze. I soldered the motor to the ESC to remove extra wire, no plastic connectors on battery or ESC , just 3mm bulltet and heat shrink, I cut down every MM of unused wire to make everything fit.

I put my receiver behing the wing through the cooling hole. (help with CG issue)

I will post pictures tonight. I looks well done, but its quite heavy.

I forgot, I sanded a little the front former on their side and bottom. A gain of 3mm in height and width.
nexxa is offline Find More Posts by nexxa
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:49 AM
3D wing innovator
MikeRx's Avatar
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxa View Post
Anyone have the ready to fly weight of there Rifle?

I just finish mine with the recommend mods (wing tab replace, a carbon rod in the wing and firewall special care)
Its came out pretty heavy with my power setup! like 18 Oz without the Lipo!
Im afraid it will some crash on hand launch!

With the lipo, Im about 23/24 oz with the CG just a little fowarded.

Motor: Ammo 28-45-2700
Lipo: 4S 1800 35C
Prop: 4.75x5.5
Esc: 60Amps
Receiver: spektrum 2.4 5 Ch.
Servos: Hitec HS-65Mg

Will it fly!
I like your setup. No worries... edfs fly fine at this wing loading. I think your ok as long as your launcher has a straight shove. Im really interested to see how that big ammo performs...
some advice.. be ready for a loooong appoach on landing and turn very slowly at lower speeds
MikeRx is online now Find More Posts by MikeRx
Last edited by MikeRx; Jun 07, 2010 at 12:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 10:14 AM
Registered User
cjbucher's Avatar
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpook View Post
Well, went and got my Rifle today. No time for build and maiden though.

For now, I'm just gonna run a Turnigy 2835-2700, 50A ESC, and 3s 1800mah. I know I have some quality servos in the drawer, just gotta hunt through it.

It'll be on the heavier side, but manageable. Thinking about it more, I'll probably be lucky if I hit 90mph.
I think you'll go faster than 90... My Stryker with that same motor and a 6x4 sport prop hit's 90. This plane is dramatically more aerodynamic than the Stryker.

If the stock 24-33-3180 motor can hit 120 mph, you'll most likely be over 100 mph as well. How much over? Don't know...

That 50 amp esc will be overkill... A 6x4 sport prop with 3s draws around 27-28 amps...
cjbucher is offline Find More Posts by cjbucher
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 12:27 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolavoodoo View Post
Hugocraft, good luck. My friend could barely fit his 1350 TP in his. The Turnigy 1500 was too thick.
Think you are going to have to shop for new, smaller lipos!
I got a Rhino 1550mah in as well as a Turnigy 1600mah. If you want to go any bigger without really compromising your gear, you need to sink the aileron servo into the wing.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:09 PM
3D wing innovator
MikeRx's Avatar
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I got a Rhino 1550mah in as well as a Turnigy 1600mah. If you want to go any bigger without really compromising your gear, you need to sink the aileron servo into the wing.
The hole in my wing is bottomed out on the glass.. cant go deeper unless side mounting.. so moving reciever rear to the vent hole and carefully placing wires out of the aileron movement worked for my 2200 mah setup.
MikeRx is online now Find More Posts by MikeRx
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:10 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
HugoCraft's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
The LHS has the rifle and the recommended ammo motor. The rhino will fit but I also have a couple 3s2200mah 30C Flightmax batteries and a couple 3s 1300mah 25C flightmax's too. Thinking of using HS-5055MG's for the servos.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Last edited by HugoCraft; Jun 11, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:23 PM
3D wing innovator
MikeRx's Avatar
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxa View Post
pictures of my setup...
looks good.. hope it balances well for you. Do you have the final weight available?
MikeRx is online now Find More Posts by MikeRx
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:31 PM
Nexxa
nexxa's Avatar
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Joined Oct 2003
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
looks good.. hope it balances well for you. Do you have the final weight available?
Thanks... for sure it look good!! but it overweight by 5oz
!!!

RTF: 680 grams... 24oz
Wing loading 30oz/sq.ft!!!

Will fly it with a 6x4 until its trim and well balance.... and go to 4.75 x 5.5 if it survived the maiden flight!!!
nexxa is offline Find More Posts by nexxa
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:40 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
HugoCraft's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxa View Post
Thanks... for sure it look good!! but it overweight by 5oz
!!!

RTF: 680 grams... 24oz
Wing loading 30oz/sq.ft!!!

Will fly it with a 6x4 until its trim and well balance.... and go to 4.75 x 5.5 if it survived the maiden flight!!!
Which prop for the recommened ammo inrunner??? the 4.75x4.75 plastic are on BO but the carbon fiber ones are in stock.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Lr-1 Pylon Racer New in the box thunderfrog Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Feb 22, 2010 09:53 PM
Discussion LR-1 Pylon racer New in the box thunderfrog Other Websites 0 Feb 09, 2010 08:26 PM
Sold CSD Twister Pylon racer kit - new in box SPasierb Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Nov 16, 2009 12:11 AM
FS: Flea sport / pylon racer - RTF kyril Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Mar 01, 2004 03:29 PM