Old May 18, 2015, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by wheelbarrowjack
Jarhead
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2011
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
Yes, you can fly the funcub as a RET. It turns fine with just the rudder (and elevator), though I admit I have never tried an entire flight without touching the ailerons....
I've flown like that just to see. It does fly fine, but there isn't a lot of dihedral, so turns aren't as tight as you might want. I promptly went back to ailerons and flaps.
wheelbarrowjack is offline Find More Posts by wheelbarrowjack
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Got my 32" Sabre today!
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2015, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by Ken Smith
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,393 Posts
Good looking plane Globetrottin Sorry you are unhappy with its flying.

Ken
Ken Smith is online now Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old May 19, 2015, 06:51 AM
Find More Posts by Marked
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Jan 2001
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
I think I have seen here that the FC can be flown RE, just want to confirm that. I know,I know but right now it will be a case of 'run what you brung' till I get better stuff.
Get a Flyzone super cub. (Think thats the right company ) 3 channel,great flier on and off water. I have 3 of them,floats,taildragger,nite flier.
Marked is online now Find More Posts by Marked
Old May 19, 2015, 08:45 PM
Find More Posts by jhan1
Joined Jul 2014
185 Posts
Beefed up my landing gear by copying some others ideas. Used a piece of 3/32 brass rod and attached it by wrapping with wire and then soldering. Finished it off with some shrink wrap. Did 3 quick landings tonight and it seems much nicer
jhan1 is offline Find More Posts by jhan1
Old May 20, 2015, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by wmetcalf
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Nov 2009
326 Posts
You may discover that one of the real weak points in this gear is that plastic base. If your landings are not very good, get ready to replace it with wood.
wmetcalf is offline Find More Posts by wmetcalf
Old May 20, 2015, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by jhan1
Joined Jul 2014
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmetcalf View Post
You may discover that one of the real weak points in this gear is that plastic base. If your landings are not very good, get ready to replace it with wood.
I'll keep an eye on it and if it looks like shes getting loose I'll replace it. Thanks
jhan1 is offline Find More Posts by jhan1
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
6,829 Posts
Fun Cub going to war soon. Installed the New Generation Hobbies Laser Combat system for FPV airplanes. http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....3#.VWEghE94pHy

OK completed the installation. It was kind of a BIG job. The manuals are cryptic and incomplete.

So far it seems to work, but I can't test the hits and effects, as my buddies are installing their systems still. They are using a Parkzone Sport Cub and a Hobbyzone Supercub.

This is the LED for the pilot - flashes when you fire your gun, and flashes a different way when someone hits you. The effects board then makes your ailerons waggle momentarily so you know you've been hit.

IR sensor is mounted up on a mast. There is a big light array on the tail so opponents and spectators can see when you are firing and when you are hit.

This is the pair of control boards. Need access to the pots for making adjustments to the effects (your ailerons waggle when you get hit). Guns on channel 6, switch to turn off effect on channel 7

The IR 'gun' mounted under the wing.

beefed up the Cub's gear too with hose clamps and gear wire

BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker