Find More Posts by Atherton
United Kingdom, Carmarthenshire
Joined Oct 2014
79 Posts
Originally Posted by ditonics View Post
Just checked my brakes for you.
Closed - locked with no play
Open - held open by linkage - not an actual lock as such - no play
Mid position - about 5-8mm of vertical play - wouldn't even cross my mind to worry about it
Thanks for that. Normally that amount of play would worry me, especially if it was taken up by one brake and not the other.

But having read up a bit more on the subject, the lift generated by the upper wing surface will tend to push the brakes (once they are 'unlocked') as far open as any play in the mechanism will allow. So, as long as the linkages are exactly the same on each wing, there is unlikely to be any imbalance in practice.

Blimey, I think I answered my own question!
Atherton is offline Find More Posts by Atherton
Last edited by Atherton; Nov 23, 2015 at 01:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts