HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2015, 05:05 PM
Rather Be flying or Tinkering
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,966 Posts
Discussion
Lian Sheng LS-111

Received my Lian Sheng LS-111 from Gearbest that I ordered on Dec 17 yesterday. I ordered one from Dealmachine on Dec 1 and still have not received That one
The Lian Sheng LS-111 I received is a big disappointment after all the positive reviews I read for it. Right out of the box it wants to fly forward at a fast speed. after reading over the manual their is no Gyro/Accel Calibration process. The manual does detail a Remote calibration that I tried and the LS-111 just kept spinning in yaw after I tried that. Resetting the power and connection to the TX and I was back to having the fats forward drift. I used 6 clicks of backward trim to remove most of the forward movement and had it hovering pretty good. forward and back worked ok but as soon as I yawed a little it would want to take off quickly in another direction and is very hard to bring under control again. The Gyro/Accel seem really messed up and without a Calibration option their is not much I can do to make it controllable.
Is anyone else having issue with the LS-111 or did I just receive a Bad one?

Update: Flying stable after performing the Calibration process that is not documented in the manual
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Last edited by jtravel; Jan 11, 2015 at 05:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2015, 05:12 AM
Mexico, GTO, León
Joined Jul 2011
83 Posts
I ordered one too gearbest, Because of good reviews, although I not receive, I hope To have better luck as you contact customer service?
BENJAS is offline Find More Posts by BENJAS
Last edited by BENJAS; Jan 11, 2015 at 05:14 AM. Reason: correccion de info
Old Jan 11, 2015, 05:22 AM
Spain, Community of Madrid
Joined Mar 2008
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
Received my Lian Sheng LS-111 from Gearbest that I ordered on Dec 17 yesterday. I ordered one from Dealmachine on Dec 1 and still have not received That one
The Lian Sheng LS-111 I received is a big disappointment after all the positive reviews I read for it. Right out of the box it wants to fly forward at a fast speed. after reading over the manual their is no Gyro/Accel Calibration process. The manual does detail a Remote calibration that I tried and the LS-111 just kept spinning in yaw after I tried that. Resetting the power and connection to the TX and I was back to having the fats forward drift. I used 6 clicks of backward trim to remove most of the forward movement and had it hovering pretty good. forward and back worked ok but as soon as I yawed a little it would want to take off quickly in another direction and is very hard to bring under control again. The Gyro/Accel seem really messed up and without a Calibration option their is not much I can do to make it controllable.
Is anyone else having issue with the LS-111 or did I just receive a Bad one?
The Plastic box it came in is nice but the Quad was loose inside the case and not locked in place when I received it. It does not seem to lock in place properly.
I can say without a doubt that this is the worst Nano Quad copter I have ever purchased The WLtoys V272 was my worst experience up till now but this LS-111 takes the worst position now.
Check my reply at this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=30440837

Good luck!
Durete is offline Find More Posts by Durete
Old Jan 11, 2015, 05:44 AM
Rather Be flying or Tinkering
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durete View Post
Check my reply at this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=30440837

Good luck!
Thanks, I followed this process that you posted and it worked

"calibration process for the LS-111/LS-112.
Turn on Quad, turn on transmitter and bind as usual.
Before any throttle input, press left stick down left, and right stick up left.
The leds will start to blink in a dance . Recalibrated!"
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Jan 11, 2015, 02:41 PM
Spain, Community of Madrid
Joined Mar 2008
211 Posts
Glad it worked for you!
I'm waiting also on the slow boat a LS-111, hopefully works better than the LS-112 . IMHO the LS-112 sucks.
Durete is offline Find More Posts by Durete
Old Jan 11, 2015, 07:42 PM
Joined Nov 2008
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durete View Post
Glad it worked for you!
I'm waiting also on the slow boat a LS-111, hopefully works better than the LS-112 . IMHO the LS-112 sucks.
you can cancel the order and get the latest LS123 instead

Edmond
Edmond Y is online now Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Last edited by Edmond Y; Jan 11, 2015 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 11, 2015, 08:01 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Y View Post
you can cancel the order and get the latest LS123 instead

Edmond
Looks like they paired the transmitter from the LS124 with the LS111 quad. Worth paying more for the full sized transmitter.

I got my LS111 from Dealsmachine, but it took a month. Like jtravel, I get a lot of forward drift as well. It's fast and has a incredible yaw rate, but the drift makes it hard to do tight turns. I really don't fly it very often. In fact, ever since I got the UDI U939, both the LS111 and CX-10 are bystanders when it comes to indoor fun flying.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC