to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2015, 04:05 AM
Eyes on the sky.
United States, SC, Spartanburg
Joined Jan 2015
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippajack View Post
Another thing for Vodarac,, there is a service run by MegaMicros that will repair your board for 25$, run by Rudy.

You can usually find it on ebay, he does great work with a super fast turn around. I think he is on vacation now but check it out so you know where to find him if you need him.

I own the mcpx bl , 130x, and the 180cfx,, right now for where I am in my flying skills the 130x is my favorite,, 180cfx will take over when I get a little better,,, hahahaha
I actually spoke to Rudy on facebook about a week ago, really nice guy. I've been looking at what larger heli I may want to get next and the 180cfx is on that list. So far I'm really liking the Blade stuff.

In other news, I picked up a cheap case from harbor freight to haul my transmitter, and mcpx bl around . Took a few photos, I think its a pretty good setup, everything is snug, and padded in. Unfortunately I couldn't squeeze in a V911 in there like I wanted to. I also finally have enough batteries to take it out somewhere and get a good flight session in and not have to worry about recharging them in the middle of it. Really liking these pulse 300mAh's
Vodarac is offline Find More Posts by Vodarac
Old Feb 14, 2015, 09:12 AM
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
Umm, isn't the 180 a lot bigger than the mcpx? I know it is still a micro, but it is bigger than my 130x, and that is a good bit bigger than the mcpx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NX-687 View Post
I would like a 180 , but it seems like a lot of heli when you hit the ground

I like the way the MCPXBL crashes , fairly lightly
re: me recommending the 180 over the mCPX BL...

You guys are both correct, the 180 is bigger and more damage will be had in a crash.

But, the 180 flys so much nicer (and easier IMO because you have more control... it's less squirrely) and it's still small enough for indoor use. I fly it in a tiny corner of my basement.

I'm just really liking this new heli!
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
Old Feb 14, 2015, 06:33 PM
Registered Flight Addict
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Aug 2013
606 Posts
It all depends on your confidence in your flying ability, flying bigger heli's in a small space may not be a good idea for a relatively new pilot. Also flying bigger heli's in small rooms creates turbulence and a beginner may not know how to react quickly enough and destroy their heli. I believe, after going through the learning process, that having the mcpx and something 300- 450 size is the best way to go. Get something with a plastic frame and steer clear of bling, as these all cost a fortune to replace.
The_Reaper_83 is online now Find More Posts by The_Reaper_83
Old Feb 14, 2015, 06:45 PM
Eyes on the sky.
Joined Jan 2015
96 Posts
Sad day today. Broke my first tail boom. Went ahead and replaced it with a solid cf boom, w new wires. Don't want to risk anything. I'm guessing these things break easily for everyone? I hit a chair in my living room :x

Also my buddy wrecked his Blade 500 3D at the field. Sad day.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 07:01 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodarac View Post
Sad day today. Broke my first tail boom. Went ahead and replaced it with a solid cf boom, w new wires. Don't want to risk anything. I'm guessing these things break easily for everyone? I hit a chair in my living room :x

It won't be the last . Buy half a dozen.. know that you can re-use the tail motor if you bust the tail boom. Just unplug the connector at the motor end and pull the retaining lips on the plastic holder open ( holding the motor), then push the motor out towards the prop end. You don't even have to pull the tail prop off.. To install the new motor.. feed the connector through the tail/ motor holder and make sure you rotate the motor so the connector lines up with the boom connector at the motor end and push in all the way . Reconnect and you are done. Total time 1 minute.
HPCR is online now Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Feb 14, 2015, 08:44 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodarac View Post
ohhhh, I bet that was expensive, that is one big heli to pop into the ground

I ran some Nano-Tech 35C batteries through my mcpx v2 today, and was really impressed with the power and punch it had. While I was flying, I thought for a moment about just how much more power the bl version must have. kind of like holding a firecracker in your hand
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Feb 15, 2015, 01:24 AM
Eyes on the sky.
Joined Jan 2015
96 Posts
Well somewhere between my tail boom securing, my tail motor took a crap. Or at least I think its the tail motor. Not really sure how though because when I swapped booms, I tested the heli and all was good, then got home, secured the boom and the plugs and boom, no tail. I just ordered a new tail motor so we shall see. If its not that than Dun DUN DUNNNN. Main bored. Still not sure how though. Everything worked fine during my initial testings.

**EDIT**
Ok false alarm. Turns out it was a rookie mistake. When I swapped tail booms, somewhere along the line I twisted the tail motor and the wires got crimped between the bracket and pulled off from the factory solder. So I just got my soldering iron, and used my crappy soldering skills to solder them back, and she's back up and running and flies like a dream. New motor is on its way, but it may end up being a backup since my soldering job is working just fine now. When I get the new motor in, I'll ditch the hot glue and use some Shoe Glue, as it looks like its a bit easier to work with and cures less conspicuous than hot glue. Well on to pics.

Also, hope you all had a great Valentines day with the loved ones.
Last edited by Vodarac; Feb 15, 2015 at 03:16 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 03:22 AM
Eyes on the sky.
Joined Jan 2015
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCR View Post
It won't be the last . Buy half a dozen.. know that you can re-use the tail motor if you bust the tail boom. Just unplug the connector at the motor end and pull the retaining lips on the plastic holder open ( holding the motor), then push the motor out towards the prop end. You don't even have to pull the tail prop off.. To install the new motor.. feed the connector through the tail/ motor holder and make sure you rotate the motor so the connector lines up with the boom connector at the motor end and push in all the way . Reconnect and you are done. Total time 1 minute.
Yep, it was a super easy swap. luckily I picked up a spare boom from the beginning. I've also repaired the boom that split too , with heat shrink tubing and super glue. It seems much more durable now with the reinforcements and will be my new back up. Next thing is to just pick up a few spare solid CF rods to make my own booms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
ohhhh, I bet that was expensive, that is one big heli to pop into the ground

I ran some Nano-Tech 35C batteries through my mcpx v2 today, and was really impressed with the power and punch it had. While I was flying, I thought for a moment about just how much more power the bl version must have. kind of like holding a firecracker in your hand
Yeah ~ 100-150 worth in damage unfortunately. He wasn't far from the ground luckily so it looks like new CF blades, Blade grips, main shaft bearings, main gear, rotation gear(sits on top of main gear), rear boom support fin, flybar, and maybe a couple links. He was a little upset, but he will be back.

I wish the MCPX v2's were around $100 bucks because i'd love to pick one up, over the nano, but I can't justify the $160 price tag when I can spend $40 more and get another BL! Even though the BL has too much power for me, it sure is a blast to learn on.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:04 AM
Eyes on the sky.
Joined Jan 2015
96 Posts
Hello guys, just another quick question here. Whats the lowest throttle position value I could use on the MCPX BL and still be ok and not bog or that is ok to run? The most aggressive pitch setting I fly on right now is 80%. I believe my pitch curve atm looks like: 46, 50, 65, 75, 80. Or something along those lines. I know its not 0 pitch at mid stick, but for they type of flying I do right now this feels best. My throttle cure right now is: 30, 50, 75, 75, 75. I've found that a fixed throttle position makes the hell fly a lot smoother.

With that said, I'm really enjoying this heli. Its fast and fun, and really easy to get away from you, but still trying to tame it. Another quick question, Does this heli speed up in right turns, or does my swash need to be leveled. I've noticed on right piros, and right turns it seems to speed up, and is a little harder to control.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 08:29 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,999 Posts
Got a question for you guys who are flying DFC or other aluminum heads on your helis. Have any tips for how to apply loctite to the screw? Do I put a little bit on the inside threads of the feathering shaft or do I put a tiny bit on the threads of the screw itself? I don't want any to leak out and gum up the blade grip bearings...

I asked the same question over in the 130X thread, but since the shaft on the mCPX BL is even smaller, I'm even MORE afraid that I'll get some in the bearings.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2015, 09:49 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Got a question for you guys who are flying DFC or other aluminum heads on your helis. Have any tips for how to apply loctite to the screw? Do I put a little bit on the inside threads of the feathering shaft or do I put a tiny bit on the threads of the screw itself? I don't want any to leak out and gum up the blade grip bearings...

I asked the same question over in the 130X thread, but since the shaft on the mCPX BL is even smaller, I'm even MORE afraid that I'll get some in the bearings.
I am not saying that I am right BUT I never had Loctite on any of my B/ l and 130X and ... I never had something loosen up and . Just check the heli before a day of flights and you should be good.
In fact I never added Loctite to my Blade 450X either..
HPCR is online now Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:32 PM
Eyes on the sky.
Joined Jan 2015
96 Posts
I bought a tube of light strength(blue) loctite but haven't used it yet. Like HPCR, I check anything that I may be worried about before or after every other or so flight session.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:39 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post

For me, with my 130X, I put a dab of the blue Loctite on the screw, then feed it into the feathering shaft. I also take the chance to put a fresh drop of oil into my bearings, so I suppose if some Loctite did make its way to the bearings, it would never stick due to the fresh oil
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14