HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2015, 07:54 AM
Old Submariner
United States, WI, Milton
Joined Dec 2007
621 Posts
Beautiful Work

Albertomi- Beautiful work !

I am a Slowpoke nut, your Sport-40 looks really great. I have several builds here in RCG under my UID teeceeveecee.

Tom
teeceeveecee is offline Find More Posts by teeceeveecee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:11 AM
United States, VA, Forest
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Totally off subject but to touch on Mr Nordsby's comments, was it global warming at the conclusion of the ice age and did the cave man's fires cause that. Point is the earth has been going through weather cycles for billions of years. Our record keeping time is only a nano second compared to earth's existence. No way to logically conclude what is causing the crazy weather patterns. Now bear in mind, I do believe man has contributed to polluting the environment, but to what degree I don't think anyone knows.

John
Rubbernecker is offline Find More Posts by Rubbernecker
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:09 AM
Old Submariner
United States, WI, Milton
Joined Dec 2007
621 Posts
A Voice Of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbernecker View Post
Totally off subject but to touch on Mr Nordsby's comments, was it global warming at the conclusion of the ice age and did the cave man's fires cause that. Point is the earth has been going through weather cycles for billions of years. Our record keeping time is only a nano second compared to earth's existence. No way to logically conclude what is causing the crazy weather patterns. Now bear in mind, I do believe man has contributed to polluting the environment, but to what degree I don't think anyone knows.

John
John;

It is great to hear a voice of reason in our wilderness of political correctness.

Ice cores taken in Antarctica clearly show exactly what your position reflects.

Tom
teeceeveecee is offline Find More Posts by teeceeveecee
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:27 PM
Mexico, CHIS, Tuxtla Gutiérrez
Joined Nov 2013
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Nordby View Post
Ok, I don't have all the answers, and I haven't devoted my life to the science of climatology, but maybe if we called it global weirding that would be a more acceptable term.

How about looking at it this way? Perhaps Gaia has a viral infection called humanity. She is sick. And just like any creature that has been infected with a virus her symptoms are fevers alternating with chills. Some places it's unusually warm (Phoenix), and other places it's colder than normal (Elkton). Perhaps these temperature swings are meant to eventually kill off the virus (us) by making the body uninhabitable. I don't believe anyone can truthfully deny that the weather seems more unstable than it was a few years ago.

Maybe it would be sensible to hedge our bets and try to live in harmony with earth as much as possible - even if we do have to make some sacrifices in personal, short term comfort.

BTW, I'm not a Democrat.

Sorry if I've hijacked the thread folks, but I couldn't let the comment pass without a reasoned, rational, critical thinker's response.

Albertomi,

At first I thought that was one of those pink-furred balsa crushing monsters. They are so cute that the danger is that you find out too late just how strong their little hands are.

Yes you are right but she is my QC inspector for structural purpose
albertomi is online now Find More Posts by albertomi
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:31 PM
rtibbetts
Central Florida
Joined Mar 2008
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeceeveecee View Post
John;

It is great to hear a voice of reason in our wilderness of political correctness.

Tom
Here, here !!!! Now, can we stay on topic?
rtibbetts@hotm is online now Find More Posts by rtibbetts@hotm
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:32 PM
Mexico, CHIS, Tuxtla Gutiérrez
Joined Nov 2013
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeceeveecee View Post
Albertomi- Beautiful work !

I am a Slowpoke nut, your Sport-40 looks really great. I have several builds here in RCG under my UID teeceeveecee.

Tom
thank you I love that airplane & when you have 10-15 knots winds is so funny, more picture of mine are on my blog
albertomi is online now Find More Posts by albertomi
Old Feb 23, 2015, 06:42 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
12,162 Posts
A week ago, while looking for something to build, I discovered an old kit for an Ace 4-40 hiding under my bed.

The kit went together easily. The airframe will be covered in Ultracoat and will be powered by an OS .52 4 stroke. This series of airframes fly well. This in my fourth, in 25 years of building/flying them.
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:49 AM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
2,065 Posts
Nice! Haven't seen one of those in years. They are sure a nice relaxing build. Easy to fly with no worries, either.
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:00 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
12,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUP View Post
Nice! Haven't seen one of those in years. They are sure a nice relaxing build. Easy to fly with no worries, either.
Thanks !

I picked this kit up a few years back. I was flying a 4-60, and I forgot that I had this one.

I dumb thumbed the 4-60 in last year, so I'm glad that I had this one as a spare.
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Feb 23, 2015, 09:34 AM
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
1,700 Posts
Many years ago, I used to razz my retired engineer daddy in law. He was a pack rat and had tons of stuff and could immediately tell you if he had something albeit it might take half a day to find it, because he rarely remembered exactly in all the stuff where it might be.

Now I'm discovering he was way ahead of my game.... at least he could remember he had it, whereas I can't recall if I've got it, let alone where it might be.

I'm learning however, that his secret might have been his constant searching for stuff and taking note of the inventory during those searches. There was a method to what I thought was his madness all along.

I'm finding that I need to delve into the nooks and crannies to clean and organize and take mental inventory of what was long forgotten to exist.

Perhaps Tom's forray under the bed fell into that category.
AA5BY is offline Find More Posts by AA5BY
RCG Plus Member