New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2016, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by sirlordwhitman
United States, KS, Derby
Joined May 2015
70 Posts
Discussion
has anyone bought from this site??

So I was screaming and giggling like a little schoolgirl when I found a Starmax He-162 on this "kuda metal shoppe" website so I promptly placed an order. Then I realized they don't ship outside of Malaysia. Then I realized the website has not been updated since 2010. But their paypal checkout engine was sure working like a charm! On my e-mail notification, a payment was just sent out to a fellow by the name of ahmed habib something something. Would it be safe to assume I just got ripped off?? Here is the site..

Http://kudametal.lot.my

See what you all think!
If I did get ripped off then buyer beware!

Egads..I sure would have loved to have another 162!!!
sirlordwhitman is online now Find More Posts by sirlordwhitman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2016, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
5,770 Posts
Probably, yes...I would immediately contact PP and explain the "mistake"....The may waive all of the waiting games they make you do and immediately return your $$$...But I wouldn't wait to get the ball rolling...
Kevin Greene is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old May 24, 2016, 11:27 PM
Find More Posts by fairplane
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
883 Posts
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-web...dametal.lot.my

I sent them an email asking if they are open and shipping to Canada or the US. I'll let you know if they respond!
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old May 25, 2016, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
5,270 Posts
Isn't that site fairly expensive too?
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old May 25, 2016, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by Boofhead
That will simply buff out
Australia, NSW, Kareela
Joined Jul 2001
357 Posts
I thought Starmax were out of business ?

This is from the site

"STARMAX model is come from factory in china. The order will be place after payment recieved. Factory not keep the stock and need to build take time
5-10day before shipping depend on que of factory order.

All items and accessories would be double tested before shipment. To be guaranteed in brand new condition and work perfectly...
All items will be shipped within specified processing time, following receipt of payment (except Saturday and holiday).

By defaulty the order would be shipped via EMS, which may take 5-10 working days for delivery. ( We will not be responsible with unexpected delay like custom`s process, weather condition etc...).

We will list the tracking number after delivery, You can then visit the corresponding carrier`s website for online tracking information. "
Boofhead is offline Find More Posts by Boofhead
Old May 25, 2016, 09:40 AM
United States, KS, Derby
Joined May 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
Isn't that site fairly expensive too?
Well, 659 RM or Malaysian Ringitt translates to about $165 which isn't a bad deal considering the 162 is about as rare as running into a Yeti.

Starmax did go out of business, but there are some trickle down models here and there. I ordered a Starmax Panther from dragon hobby u.s.a. and received, assembled and flown it last week.

I sent a lot of website PMs asking if they indeed were able to ship, or if they were even...around. No reply.

The guy's name on Paypal shows up as Mohd Adib Mohd. I found a BlogSpot entry of the guy but not much else.
Old May 25, 2016, 09:44 AM
United States, KS, Derby
Joined May 2015
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
http://www.scamadviser.com/check-web...dametal.lot.my

I sent them an email asking if they are open and shipping to Canada or the US. I'll let you know if they respond!
Thanks for the Scamdavisor thing! Looks very useful!