SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Jul 2012
52 Posts
Discussion
Will this crystal set work with my RC?

Hello, sorry, I am not very smart with RCs at all. I think they are called crystal sets, and mine broke. I found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-RC-6...item3ccab76d6c and was wondering if they would work in my T-Maxx and my remote: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Fe1AMgodlBcAkQ ? The crystal set says 6 channel, but my remote is 2 channel.
byteninja2 is offline Find More Posts by byteninja2
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:58 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,437 Posts
The set should work you will have to replace both crystals in the transmitter and receiver. They come in a set so you should be good to go. Here is channel #2 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-2032...item3f1ae4eae6 This is what you have now ? You cant mix channels 2 wont work with 6 you need a matched set.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:24 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
The set should work you will have to replace both crystals in the transmitter and receiver. They come in a set so you should be good to go. Here is channel #2 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-2032...item3f1ae4eae6 This is what you have now ? You cant mix channels 2 wont work with 6 you need a matched set.
If using the same technology, so 27 Mhz AM for example, the number of channels doesn't need to match. You can perfectly use a 8 channel receiver with a 4 channel transmitter, you just can't use all 8 channels naturally as the transmitter is limited to sending out . It's different if the 4 channel radio uses a different modulation, like for instance 40 MHz FM can't work with 40 MHz AM.

Do beware that a receiver cristal can't be used in the transmitter, though, and vice versa. And even a transmitter cristal from another brand of the same modulation type radio is not guaranteed to work in a different transmitter. You will need the transmitter cristal for that particular brand and type transmitter. On the receiver side things are usually less critical.

Btw, how much are those cristals? In some cases it would actually be cheaper to get a entry level 2,4 GHz radio, like the HK GT-2 or GT-3.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:51 AM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
If using the same technology, so 27 Mhz AM for example, the number of channels doesn't need to match. You can perfectly use a 8 channel receiver with a 4 channel transmitter, you just can't use all 8 channels naturally as the transmitter is limited to sending out . It's different if the 4 channel radio uses a different modulation, like for instance 40 MHz FM can't work with 40 MHz AM.

Do beware that a receiver cristal can't be used in the transmitter, though, and vice versa. And even a transmitter cristal from another brand of the same modulation type radio is not guaranteed to work in a different transmitter. You will need the transmitter cristal for that particular brand and type transmitter. On the receiver side things are usually less critical.

Btw, how much are those cristals? In some cases it would actually be cheaper to get a entry level 2,4 GHz radio, like the HK GT-2 or GT-3.
In this case the channel refers to the frequency of the radio. Not the number of channels on the receiver and transmitter. The 27mhz band is divided into channels 1 through 6 with a color to represent each channel. So the frequency my be 27.045 mhz it is given channel number and a color. You may have a different system in Europe.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:29 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,586 Posts
Ah, it's the channel number you were referring to. I was under the impression you were talking about the number of channels, due to the "s" behind "channels 2".

We use the same system, frequencies all have a channel number assigned as well.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan