HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:10 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbytabb View Post
FWIW we are working on a laser targeting system which automatically identifies clone frames and vaporizes them...should be operational shortly

I realize there are different products for many different parts of the market. We build our products for a very specific segment of that market and to the highest quality possible.

Tabb
That actually makes sense.. both targeting high end segment and laser targeting... Is the laser targeting a Easter egg feature found in the new Radian system?
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Addlestone
Joined May 2012
778 Posts
Yeah man ..Lasers, I want some too.. I wonder if the cloners will be making them to as i doubt i'll be able to afford the real ones...

Ok back on topic then, i wonder if anyone useing the Budget Octo frame, or the real one for that matter is using any other sort of damping for their camera mounts.? I'd be interested to know as im planning on fitting a Photohigher AV130 (GLB have something very similar to those too) Im using a real one though,and im trying to work out what type of base plate i need to get cut..
HexaFlexa is offline Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
738 Posts
One thing is for sure....we are all passionate about MR's.....I can hear "heal the world" starting to play....
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:36 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
Hexa does the clone have an easy way of removing the arms for transport? I have seen the real CS 6 fit into a Pelican 1550 case and I was wondering if the clone can do the same easily?
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined May 2012
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
Hexa does the clone have an easy way of removing the arms for transport? I have seen the real CS 6 fit into a Pelican 1550 case and I was wondering if the clone can do the same easily?
Unfortunately not, but i am working on a way to make it possible as its a bit of a beast to get in my coupe, Mines 1100mm so i might trim it down a smidge..
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined May 2012
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkiwikat View Post
One thing is for sure....we are all passionate about MR's.....I can hear "heal the world" starting to play....
Thats for sure. Im Best man at a mates wedding in the morning and im still up working on getting my gimbal mounted at 1am so i can try get some aerial footage tomorrow.. Gonna be a late night i suspect.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
yeah, that would be a PITA to travel with.

Interested to see what you come up with
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Oct 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
man I hope English is your second language because that is the single longest sentence I have ever tried to read.

I don't even know what you are trying to say?

Also I dont think you have any idea how much it costs to design built, market, distribute and support a product.

If you think that Tabb is getting rich off FreeFly you are crazy. (I want the CineStar line to be cheaper as well, but I dont try to say that a clone frame is better than the real thing and then say people who buy the real one are stupid and spoiled)

There are many people in this industry that work their ASS off to help this community push the tech forward.

These guys set a price based on what they can afford to make them at....

x468.com, Rusty's Frames (AGLhobbies), Askman and Gary (TPPACKS.com), DJ (Photoshipone) and many many others.

They are not over priced, they are priced at what it costs to design, develop, market, produce and support their products.

I dont even think this thread should be about the stealing of IP but what it should be about...

it should be about the differences between the real one and the fake one...

like the thickness of the CF center plates, tensile and compression strength of the CF tubes, quality of hardware included, and availability of spares.
yes ill admit I'm full UK British and I'm not good with spelling bud but i still try and i have the Brain's to build and fly RC things so just because you think you are so good with your spellings dont really bother me , whats a couple of full stops really at least im trying give me a bit of credit ,you seem to be a bit of a bully your self to be honest , if you don't like what I'm trying to say well don't read them
I'm not perfect but at least i have a life and i do my best

I've built a few home built aircraft as you can see by my videos and yes i will modify bought frames as well to get them to fly better as you will see in the first video

NAZA flying FPV Video (7 min 17 sec)

playing with the naza. music version video (4 min 4 sec)

,now I am waiting for my new big boy fake Cinestar to come ,IV put the order in from Hong Kong for one ,
I have motors and esc to fit to it and i will be using my new devo12s radio system to fly it, I'm thinking of a simple flight system like a rabbit board i have, or even a wii board both are good and i do have all the GPS to go with them ,one will go on it as soon as iv completed this task, iv got rid of my naza because the gimbull setting was rubish , ill do a video and show you can do a good job and not spend to much money and keep it as a low cost
rabone is offline Find More Posts by rabone
Last edited by rabone; Aug 18, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:45 AM
Joined Oct 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexaFlexa View Post
My take on this thread is that it was started by people saying "what a joke" and "Cheap ass" and "waste of $$$" etc so its actually the Cinestar fans putting down the clone frame..And the people that dont have or want to spend the money for what could be considered expensive cinestar mearly defending their choice... Maybe the quality is slightly higher on the Cinestar but in my opinion (and thats all it is) it is overpriced. The cost of the dampners for instance is very high for what is involved and the materials used. Maybe if the cost weren't so high then there would be no place for a clone in the first place... and just for the record spares are available for the clone, and i bet i could get them faster from china than i could from USA and without the tax as everything coming from the states gets a hefty lump of tax/duty added..

100% right tax/duty from the USA have to be the worst iv ever had in the uk . i mean every time i buy from the USA i allways get it in the neck. i bought my nazza from the USA and it cost me 140 plus 37 tax ,so as you can imagine i got the red card from the post office, i had to spend a extra 5 in petrol to go and pay and pickup the nazza
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:06 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
So vote for someone else for public office that will change the VAT system in your country.

Paying the import tax is not an issue with the USA.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Oct 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
So vote for someone else for public office that will change the VAT system in your country.

Paying the import tax is not an issue with the USA.
Yes well we all wish it was as easy as that bud, but it’s the UK nothing is easy as that
i would say more but its best not to some times
Last edited by rabone; Aug 18, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8 Posts
Fiber Okto Frame GLB parts missing

Hi guys,

We received last week package of GLB with Okto Fiber version.
All the clamps for motor, central plate and legs are missing.
So delay in build new machine.
I'll contact them tomorrow and see how the service is.......

Tube are nice carbon.

I keep you updated with progress,

Koos Maring
www.broadwing.eu
broadwing is offline Find More Posts by broadwing
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:59 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Another great benefit of buying the clone from a far away land. I do hope you get your missing items soon.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:26 AM
Joined Jul 2009
484 Posts
Apparently GLB is now selling the REAL Cinestar-8 and Skyjib frames, but at $3000+ USD!

Check out: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/cinestar-...a-copter-.html and http://www.goodluckbuy.com/cinestar-...otography.html and http://www.goodluckbuy.com/droidworx...ryingload.html
diakatche is offline Find More Posts by diakatche
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:01 AM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
Oh, No i forsee the perfect replica to come out of China very soon...

So what do you call the set that look and function exactly the same as the original Cinestar, yet made in China ?

???? SILLY_STAR ????
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla