HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:48 AM
United States, CA, La Honda
Joined May 2014
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaidduvol View Post
you do not really miss any occasion to push EF..don't you..apparently they need it...
Was this comment about the article referenced? Wasn't pushing EF. I thought the explanation of how the expo used was interesting. I don't have an EF.
seldredge is online now Find More Posts by seldredge
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:09 PM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
884 Posts
One very important thing is that with Futaba the expo value should be negative while Spektrum and JR should have it positive. Not sure about other radio brands. Just verify after you've setup the expo that at 1/2 stick deflection you have less than 1/2 control surface deflection. It should be less throw around the middle. A guy at my field flew once with the expo backwards so that it was extremely sensitive in the middle and it's a miracle he was able to land it.
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Old Nov 12, 2014, 08:39 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Expo is different on the various radios too. My 9503 is a lot softer than the DX7 with the same number. I'm using 50% in high rates and 30% in low rates with the 9503.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:58 PM
USA, MA, Maynard
Joined Jul 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Expo is different on the various radios too. My 9503 is a lot softer than the DX7 with the same number. I'm using 50% in high rates and 30% in low rates with the 9503.
That was the reason for my second question, does anyone know what radio system the recommended expo came from?
dpelletier is offline Find More Posts by dpelletier
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:10 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelletier View Post
That was the reason for my second question, does anyone know what radio system the recommended expo came from?
The difference isn't that great, but it's noticeable. I think it would be safe to start at 50 and go up or down from there on any radio system. The final value is mostly personal preference and your setup. I may increase mine because the plane is not as mushy here in Arizona, as it was in Colorado. You just have to play with it. Nobody can tell you what's right - but if you start at 50 you will definitely still have enough control to fly and it should be pretty soft in the middle with any radio system. Do your first flights on low rates if you're nervous. This plane flies very true, and you'll be confident with it soon enough, if you throw her up there, where she belongs
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:18 PM
USA, MA, Maynard
Joined Jul 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
The difference isn't that great, but it's noticeable. I think it would be safe to start at 50 and go up or down from there on any radio system. The final value is mostly personal preference and your setup. I may increase mine because the plane is not as mushy here in Arizona, as it was in Colorado. You just have to play with it. Nobody can tell you what's right - but if you start at 50 you will definitely still have enough control to fly and it should be pretty soft in the middle with any radio system. Do your first flights on low rates if you're nervous. This plane flies very true, and you'll be confident with it soon enough, if you throw her up there, where she belongs
Of course you're right, I'm starting to sound like a newbie... well I suppose I kind of am a newbie to fixed wing. Anyway, thank you all for your input. Time to stop talking about it and assemble the thing to get up in the air, as was just said, where it belongs.
dpelletier is offline Find More Posts by dpelletier
Old Nov 27, 2014, 01:01 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,606 Posts
Precision Aerobatics Black Friday Sale is now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...e_id=41&set=US
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor