SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:30 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2001
568 Posts
Discussion
Jpower A10

Got the jpower A10 and will be using an external bec. Can anybody post pics of their wiring set up using 2 ESCs and 1 lipo pack? Thanks.
Gerry Santos is online now Find More Posts by Gerry Santos
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:20 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,545 Posts
look up member "Joe 1320 "... he knows alot about the JPower A10's
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,463 Posts
here is a quickie hand drawing. One thing of note, you must remove the red wire in the servo leads coming from the ESCs. That is the positive lead that powers the ESC when you aren't using a seperate BEC. On my A-10, I took the positive and negative main power leads and Y'd them about an inch after the ESC. I then ran a main power plus and minus lead up to the battery compartment. The servo leads were cut about two inches from the ESC and Y'd together. I actually did all three at this point, I pulled the red wire from the final servo connector as it plugs into the receiver. As long as the red wire does not ultimately make it to the receiver, it doesn't really matter where you cut it and shrink wrap it. The external BEC positive and negative wires are soldered to the end of the main power leads right where the plug to receive the battery is soldered. The three wire servo lead coming from the BEC goes to an empty channel in the receiver. Some receivers actually show a dedicated "batt" port for just such a purpose.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:17 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2001
568 Posts
Thanks Joe. That was simple enough.
Gerry Santos is online now Find More Posts by Gerry Santos