SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,763 Posts
Question
6 ch nano wont bind

Hi , i have one of your 6ch nano e receivers when i try to bind it , led flashes fast for a few seconds then slow 5 times then turns off , is it bad , or am i doing something wrong , other than this one , the other 8 receivers i have work perfect ,
A side note , everytime i fly and a guy crashes his spektrum and says "i lost control" i just smile .....Dennis
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:39 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
It sounds like you might be leaving the binding plug in the receiver while you are trying to do the binding.

To bind a Nano:

Power up the receiver. When the LED starts flashing red, attach the jumper to the port labeled "B". This means that you can't have power plugged into that port during the binding process. The LED will turn off for two seconds and then turn solid red. Once the LED is solid red, immediately remove the jumper and the LED will start flashing fast. Now, hold down the PROG button on the transmitter button while turning on the power to the transmitter. When the LED on the transmitter module turns green, release the PROG button. The system will bind, and the transmitter LED will turn green and the LED on the Nano will turn off.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:58 PM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,339 Posts
Sounds like you need a step-by-step checklist in the instructions. Like;
1. Power on the receiver
2. When the LED starts flashing, attach the jumper to port labeled B
3. When the LED turns off, remove the jumper
4. When the LED starts flashing fast, press down the PROG on the trasmtter while turning the transmitter on.
5. When the transmitter module turns green, release the PROG button
6. The system will bind, the transmitter LED will turn green, and the Nano LED will turn off.
7. You are bound.

I spent 32 years writing instrudtions like this for wind tunnel instrumentation operators whenever new equipment had to be used. Spell out every step individually or else you will be surprised how many new ways they can find to run a simple system.

n
ChuckA is online now Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:34 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
The binding instructions in the manual are this way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:46 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Drew View Post
The binding instructions in the manual are this way.
Jim,

Gotta hand it to you.... You have the patience of a saint !!!
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Mar 2005
6 Posts
I also have a nano that's showing the same symptoms. Acts like the binding plug is left in place and I'm trying o reset the rx. This happens with nothing but a battery plugged in. I don't see any useful suggestions here so I guess I'll send it in. Anything man made can fail, anything.
LaCerne is offline Find More Posts by LaCerne
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:23 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCerne View Post
I also have a nano that's showing the same symptoms. Acts like the binding plug is left in place and I'm trying o reset the rx. This happens with nothing but a battery plugged in. I don't see any useful suggestions here so I guess I'll send it in. Anything man made can fail, anything.
What channel are you using to power the rx ?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Mar 2005
6 Posts
Any numbered channel. Will that make a difference when not using the binding plug?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:00 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
499 Posts
Quote:
Any numbered channel. Will that make a difference when not using the binding plug?
No....I just wanted to make sure that during the binding process you were NOT using the "B" port for the battery thinking that is where the "B"attery needs to be plugged into.....

And for Step 8 which ChuckA forgot to mention, you must then "re-boot" BOTH the receiver and transmitter to complete the binding process.....
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:52 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Quote:
So, you have nothing plugged into the binding port at power up time? When you attach the jumper to the binding port (after power-up), are you removing it after the LED turns off and then turns solid red?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Mar 2005
6 Posts
The led never turns solid red. It goes through the reset sequence of led flashing fast, slow then extinguishing, regardless of using the jumper or not. Other 4Nanos work great.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:55 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Hmmm... Ok, return it for a replacement.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Mar 2005
6 Posts
I'll try to return it this week. I would like to combine this with an order for 4 more nanos.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Apr 2009
41 Posts
Nano Binds and seems okay But has a Solid Red LED

This thread is helpful as well as news to me. I have just purchased and received a new nano-e. It binds and seems to function okay but the LED is always solid red. Is this thread telling me that something is amiss?
JHeuler is offline Find More Posts by JHeuler
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:17 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Solid red is normal... that's how it should be once the transmitter and receiver have connected. If you unplug the power to the receiver and then reconnect it, then the LED will flash slowly. This indicates that the receiver lost power while it was connected.

Maybe we should make some "how to" videos.
RCG Plus Member