Joined Apr 2010
77 Posts
I can't wait until may!!! Lol
Willy Wonka is offline Find More Posts by Willy Wonka
Old May 02, 2010, 11:57 AM
Joined May 2009
969 Posts
Moto 2

Words cant convey! But heres my reaction FFFFFFUUUYEEEAAAAOMFFFFGGG!
Havent jumped out of my seat in ages whatching on the boob tube!
Risknreward is offline Find More Posts by Risknreward
Old May 02, 2010, 04:02 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
OOOhhhhhh yeah..... the race was pretty boring up until the ten laps... Lorenzo is always slow on a full tank (when I say slow.... I mean really fast... just not quite as quick as the other boys) but when the load starts to come down, he just goes faster and faster..... And now he takes he points lead too....

Wonder what happened to Ben Spies ?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old May 02, 2010, 04:55 PM
Joined Feb 2007
262 Posts
Ben Spies had a problem with the front end. Too risky to follow on the track.
Manuspain is offline Find More Posts by Manuspain
Old May 02, 2010, 10:36 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
i will be the first to admit, Lorenzo is amazing. to come from 5 sec. behind Dani with 10 laps to go...i just cant see how he did it..is he just hanging back to save his tires or is he just that good.i mean thats on par with rossi...i guess time will tell..i was really pulling for the pesky padrosa..lol
dragbikebam is online now Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 03, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old May 04, 2010, 03:07 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I'm not Lorenzo...... but it looks to me that he's just not willing to push too hard with a full tank of juice... it shows a very mature mind, and a very confident rider to be able to hold himself back, and wait for the bike to come to him.... of course it may also be a tyre issue... I think it was Casey Stoner ? but who ever it was stated they had a much better feeling with the bike, and could lay down faster times on a worn tyre....

Or maybe Lorenzo is that good that he just likes to play with other boys before rubbing thier noses in it !!!!
Old May 06, 2010, 06:22 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Feb 2007
335 Posts
And don't forget, 30th of May to 11th of June,

Isle of Man 2010.

Nothing better than a 38 mile track with brick walls for bike racing.

Looking forward to that.

Those boys and girls take courage pills by the handfull.
magnuts is offline Find More Posts by magnuts
Old May 06, 2010, 06:29 AM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuts View Post
And don't forget, 30th of May to 11th of June,

Isle of Man 2010.

Nothing better than a 38 mile track with brick walls for bike racing.

Looking forward to that.

Those boys and girls take courage pills by the handfull.
Does anyone televise it here in Aust?
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old May 06, 2010, 08:13 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,372 Posts
It looks like Lorenzo is practicing a new strategy and now that Ive seen it done twice you bet the rest are going to figure something out to counter it. Still early and its looking good so far this season. You have to expect the two local guys are going to do very well at Jerez and they did.
Ben's is still doing an amazing job to be so far up front is unreal, I didnt read any further on what happened to his race.
Sucks that Rossi wasnt able to get the rear grip dialed in he needed and then the shoulder injury added an element of difficulty but 3rd is better then nothing.
A couple times it looked like Dani and Jorge were going to take each other out! I thought that would be just their luck because in past races they have had similar incidents. Imagine how nervous the teams must have been!

On to Le Mans!!!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 08, 2010, 10:19 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I just read on the "fox sport news" headlines...."Honda has shown considerable intrest in Australian former world champion Casey Stoner for 2011 season"....

Personaly I would like to see him stay at Ducati... which he has stated is what he intends to do....

I really like Dovi... and Pedrosa is talented, but I reckon Honda really needs someone to grab that bike by the horns and wrestle the bastard around the track...... I just can't see who that person is....
Old May 08, 2010, 10:51 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
in the past few years people have been blaming the 800cc and electronics for boring races. now this year the racing action has been good. i wonder what changed?

Moto2... i like watching this category. those guys aren't just racing they're also riding like they're in a brawl. in jerez tomizawa looked like he was gonna crash 3 times per lap.

next round Le Mans... probably gonna rain. probably gonna have to do a bike swap. somebody unexpected will probably win, not the usual aliens. i'll pick dePuniet.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old May 08, 2010, 11:04 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
we should start a pool here on which riders go where for next year.

here's my prediction: most of the top riders will stay with their current team. with the limited testing allowed by regulations it's too risky to move to another team. the only difference will be that Yamaha will create a special team for Rossi (like the Nastro Azzuro Honda). Spies will be promoted to Rossi's spot on Fiat Yamaha. All the other top guys will stay put.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old May 09, 2010, 12:32 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I dunno about Honda..... I think Dovi is still under contract for 2011, but Dani Pedrosa is up for grabs...(maybe that's the other way round) anyway, I think Honda is goin to want trade for the next big thing !!!

Maybe Johnny Rea might get the call up from the world supers, he seems to have the "just make it work" mentality...

Ducati may retain both their riders if thier current form continues.... maybe Lorenzo to replace Hayden...

Yamaha.... hhmmm, Torrance you're on the money here buddy.... Rossi is going to have to have his own team if Lorenzo stays...because he doesn't like fast team mates... and Spies will go to a factory bike also...

Suzuki... what's going to happen here ???
Old May 09, 2010, 07:00 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
we should start a pool here on which riders go where for next year.

here's my prediction: most of the top riders will stay with their current team. with the limited testing allowed by regulations it's too risky to move to another team. the only difference will be that Yamaha will create a special team for Rossi (like the Nastro Azzuro Honda). Spies will be promoted to Rossi's spot on Fiat Yamaha. All the other top guys will stay put.
I'll agree.....I guess it would be kinda frustrating,your developing a winning bike and your teammate is beating you. Spies on a factory bike would mean big trouble for the front runners.Any factory bike as long as it's not Suzuki or kawasaki.

I like Stoner on the Duc! I think that bike was made for him even before he started racing.LOL
Jonny Rea i think he will end up being like James T. When he came over to motogp.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Last edited by swheels; May 09, 2010 at 07:06 AM.