HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2014, 01:28 PM
I crash stuff
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 2013
78 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I will probably just try to read through this thread (I know it's long, but that's ok) whenever I get a chance. I just didn't want to spend alot of time researching something that wasn't going to be a good fit.

I just need to nail down the PS and the harnesses and get this stuff ordered! Stuff seems to make so much more sense once it's in front of you!
DeGrizzle is offline Find More Posts by DeGrizzle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2014, 03:56 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
3,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGrizzle View Post
Awesome, thanks! I will probably just try to read through this thread (I know it's long, but that's ok) whenever I get a chance. I just didn't want to spend alot of time researching something that wasn't going to be a good fit.

I just need to nail down the PS and the harnesses and get this stuff ordered! Stuff seems to make so much more sense once it's in front of you!
if u use the search it may speed things up. u will most likely need to get a primer on parallel charging from somewhere else, lots of info in battery and charger forum.

if u are in further need ask.

chuck
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Feb 03, 2014, 10:17 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,314 Posts
Hello guys I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I today I tried to charge my batteries and the Accucell after switching on as usual is beeping and showing TEMP OVER ERROR!!!! Has anyone experienced this phenomenon please and is there a remedy??
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Feb 07, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Jan 2014
24 Posts
Hi everyone,
I had a quick question about termination voltage. In LiPo mode, the Accucel 6 charges each cell to 4.2 V but I was hoping to charge to 4.1 V/cell. I just want to confirm the following if possible:
1. There is no way to directly set the termination voltage with this charger without changing calibration.

2. I could charge in LiLo mode where it automatically terminates at 4.1V/cell. From what I can determine there should be no concern in terms of trouble charging a LiPo battery in Lilo mode (as long as I don't discharge it in LiLo mode)?

I believe the above is correct based on reading this thread but hope for some confirmation. If so, if I want to be able to easily setup termination voltages I may need to buy a better charger, perhaps like an iCharger?

Thanks for any help,
LZT.
lzt2014 is offline Find More Posts by lzt2014
Old Feb 07, 2014, 05:27 PM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
1,777 Posts
Yes and Yes.The ICharger is better in that it has the features to do these things the basic 4 button chargers can't.Having said that the Acucell 6 has been a fair price allbeit the buttons don't work so well these days.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Feb 07, 2014, 10:52 PM
Joined Jan 2014
24 Posts
Thanks for the response Tug!

LZT.
lzt2014 is offline Find More Posts by lzt2014
Old Feb 08, 2014, 07:22 AM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,332 Posts
I have read many posts regarding the buttons on these chargers. In most cases you can open the charger to expose the buttons that sit atop the button switches. Lift off the plastic buttons and the switch units will be accessible.

Spray some electronic spray cleaner (available at Radio Shack) into the switches, put the plastic button back on and operate it by pushing it on and off. Also while pushing on the button twist it back and forth. This will clean the contacts of the switches and the buttons will work like new again.

Hate to see people buying new chargers when this will usually fix the problem.
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Feb 08, 2014, 11:48 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,314 Posts
This is what mine is doing

turnigy Accucel strange error (0 min 22 sec)
Old Feb 09, 2014, 12:45 AM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
Houston, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
Try putting it in the freezer awhile
Just a suggestion..what's to lose?
rc crashburn is offline Find More Posts by rc crashburn
Old Feb 09, 2014, 04:41 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc crashburn View Post
Try putting it in the freezer awhile
Just a suggestion..what's to lose?
Ohh nothing just a small space from the freezer
Old Mar 04, 2014, 12:57 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Programming flow chart update - LiXX

I have had this charger a long time and have recommended it to many of my friends.
I only have one gripe about it:
When they added LiFe capability to it they seem to have done a hurried patch to the user interface that makes it REAL hard to change from LiPo to LiFe and back again.
I have struggled with my cryptic notes when I have to make the switch every Spring as I get back into the charging scene. And my friends also need help to do it from time to time.
So, I have finally gotten off of my duff and reworked the Program Flow Chart that is in the Turnigy manual to reflect the hidden structure you need to access for the adjustment between the two battery types.
I hope this helps some of you - I know it will help me - just thought I would share.

Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Mar 04, 2014, 03:08 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
3,770 Posts
thanks , printed a couple for myself and a f/b
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Mar 04, 2014, 03:47 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,418 Posts
Seeing this reminded me of the "Legible Program Flow Chart" I made when I first got my Accucell 6 and simply couldn't read the white-on-blue original flow chart. I did post this on the HK website and thought I had posted it here, but see that I didn't, so here it is.
richard9999 is offline Find More Posts by richard9999
Old Mar 04, 2014, 08:08 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Dang, Richard - sorry I didn't see that on the HK site. Much better.
Okay, mabye tomorrow, I will merge my changes with your legible chart.
I will post it here and on the HK site, too.
Walt

EDIT:
I was not able to gracefully paste the two together.
So the diagram in post #3386 will have to do - sorry.
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Last edited by Kokopeli; Mar 05, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:46 PM
Wallop!
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
658 Posts
Overcharged lipo

Now this is weird, yesterday I started balance charging a 2200mAh 3 cell lipo and aborted the charge after couple of hours because it took too long. Tried to finish it today but when connecting the lipo, one of the cells reads over 4.4V I measured the voltage with a multimeter and it is indeed over 4.4V.

Martin
Martin7182 is offline Find More Posts by Martin7182