HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2014, 07:11 PM
Joined Jan 2013
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieBricks View Post
Hey Guys,

In the last few weeks I've been flying with my instructor and (with the help of the APM) even got to land the plane
Everytime I went flying I put an extra part inside the plane and after some trimming and adjusting the APM I got some successful flights

From left to right...APM, 8ch receiver and Airspeed sensor

Inside the canopy are the vtx and GPS modules...

Voltage/Amp sensor

Stock ESC, Telemetry module and Minim OSD. The latter doesn't work, but opened a case with HK and they promised me they would send a replacement. After I showed them a movie of the plain grey screen it produces...

Today got to do the finishing touches on my Sky Eye...The pan and tilt which I made myself because non of the commercial ones where small enough to fit inside the dome

I also made two clips...One without the dome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdnTi80Gr2E

And one with...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0lbMhtVGEw

I have to say, that is a great set up, really neat. A couple of things I would look at though.

1. Remove the magnets on the canopy, they will interfere with the APM2.5 compass, which could lead to disaster. Tape down the canopy.

2. Watch your fpv antenna for interference, it is close to the engine (like mine)
Thorton82 is online now Find More Posts by Thorton82
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2014, 01:20 PM
Belgium, Flanders, Ham
Joined Feb 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorton82 View Post
I have to say, that is a great set up, really neat. A couple of things I would look at though.

1. Remove the magnets on the canopy, they will interfere with the APM2.5 compass, which could lead to disaster. Tape down the canopy.

2. Watch your fpv antenna for interference, it is close to the engine (like mine)
Thank you and thanks for the tips about the magnets and antenna
BillieBricks is online now Find More Posts by BillieBricks