Closed Thread
Old Apr 09, 2013, 09:55 PM
Just Plane Addicted
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2012
44 Posts
Discussion
What is a Nurflurgel?

Please pardon my ignorance, but I would like an explanation of what a Nurflurgel is, and its orgins.

From what I can see on the group page, it appears to be another name for flying wing, or limited tail surfaces...am I correct?

Information for a poor ignorant Kiwi please
wildweaselnz is offline Find More Posts by wildweaselnz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2013, 05:43 AM
UK, Coventry
Joined Aug 2005
519 Posts
It is a German word meaning tailless or 'only wing' to put a literal translation on it. I presume it was used here to differentiate from the flying wing forum in the electric section.
mhodgson is online now Find More Posts by mhodgson
Old Apr 10, 2013, 05:29 PM
Just Plane Addicted
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodgson View Post
It is a German word meaning tailless or 'only wing' to put a literal translation on it. I presume it was used here to differentiate from the flying wing forum in the electric section.
Great, thanks for that. Was beginning to think there was no-one out there prepared to answer the question...
wildweaselnz is offline Find More Posts by wildweaselnz
Old Apr 11, 2013, 01:09 AM
Heidelberg
Joined Oct 2009
364 Posts
Wikipedia has also an interesting Artikle in German and English giving some information on the History:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurfl%C3%BCgel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_wing

Cheers
Andrés
andrecillo76 is offline Find More Posts by andrecillo76
Closed Thread