HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2014, 04:43 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
.... and find appropriate material for making horns.
I use old credit cards. Actually store discount cards/promo ones etc, not my actual old credit card which I shred. They work very well for replacement horns on my Twisted Hobbys aircraft and I am sure would be OK on the Sbach. Only thing is to make sure you don't drill the little hole too big 'cos then you have to cut out another one. guess how I know that ....

Whenever I have an old card, I chuck it in the drawer so I have a selection of thicknesses ..
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2014, 05:22 PM
Joined Mar 2013
17 Posts
Does anybody have dual rate, expo and general dx8 setting for this bad mamba jamba. I can't seem to find them.
jlemond is offline Find More Posts by jlemond
Old Feb 15, 2014, 05:24 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemond View Post
Does anybody have dual rate, expo and general dx8 setting for this bad mamba jamba. I can't seem to find them.
They're in the manual: http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFLU4950-Manual_EN.pdf
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:37 PM
United States, MO, Rogersville
Joined Dec 2013
9 Posts
Just got one of these little planes... Flew three batteries through it and all I can say is SWEET. Breezy day in Southwest Missouri, and I did have the dual rates and expo dialed down a notch, the thing flies awesome. I did notice that battery placement is very important. First roll I did, I went either one and a half or two and a half rolls with full right stick in about a half a second. Responsive nice little plane. I'm sure all of this has been said before, since this isn't a new plane, but it is to me and thought I would chime in.
csmith78 is offline Find More Posts by csmith78
Old Feb 16, 2014, 07:47 AM
FastEddie123
United States, MN, Lake Elmo
Joined Nov 2013
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith78 View Post
Just got one of these little planes... Flew three batteries through it and all I can say is SWEET. Breezy day in Southwest Missouri, and I did have the dual rates and expo dialed down a notch, the thing flies awesome. I did notice that battery placement is very important. First roll I did, I went either one and a half or two and a half rolls with full right stick in about a half a second. Responsive nice little plane. I'm sure all of this has been said before, since this isn't a new plane, but it is to me and thought I would chime in.
Yep love it! I like to do the blurrrr roll straight up till I start to loose it!! eddie
fasteddie123 is offline Find More Posts by fasteddie123
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:01 PM
Joined Dec 2010
274 Posts
Was installing a Mod on my Sbach tonight ; but that spot on CBS, (60Minutes) about the F-35, made it hard to concentrate on the work !!

Bille
BilleFly is offline Find More Posts by BilleFly
Old Feb 22, 2014, 06:19 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,182 Posts
For those who may not be aware - the Red Bull Air Race series is back this year. All seven races will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1 & 2. The season opener is coming up in 5 days.

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/motorsp...2014-us-return

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:57 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
308 Posts
Joel,
I'm ready!
daft punk is offline Find More Posts by daft punk
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:05 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
308 Posts
Have you guys seen the latest Skywing offering? They even picked the right livery!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:22 PM
Raikkonen for President
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
7,149 Posts
What edge is that?
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:29 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
308 Posts
It's the Skywing 48" epp/lite ply hybrid. LOTS of fun. It's a 3d monster.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:35 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
308 Posts
Here's the inner structure.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:44 AM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
308 Posts
The sbach is 37.5" and is almost all epp. It doesn't have lite ply inner frame. The fuse is a big block of epp basically. It does have a lite ply motor cage though.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 06:55 PM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,514 Posts
New Sbach 3D owner on board!!!

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 01:31 AM
United States, MO, Rogersville
Joined Dec 2013
9 Posts
Tony, they are cool little planes, have you flown it yet? After Christmas I had three giftcards to an unnamed american hobby shop. I had flown some of the little warbirds, and a friends UMX Beast. So far the S Bach might be my best investment, it smokes all of them. Unless you are an expert, I would suggest turning down your dual rates to at least what the manual says (70%). But its just a fun plane to fly.... Rolls are spectacular with that thing. It's almost a blurr. I need to do some experimenting with the elevator linkage. But its just fun to fly. Like I said. Of all my planes, Im not so sure that I don't get the most enjoyment out of this little devil. Oh, yeah, and you will crash it... Or at least I do from time to time...
csmith78 is offline Find More Posts by csmith78