HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:42 AM
Registered User
Chicago, IL
Joined May 2009
129 Posts
Discussion
Walkera Mini Cp Flips/Rolls too slow?

I tried searching for this, but couldn't find my answer.

My walkera mini cp seems to flip and roll way too slowly. I've watched many youtube videos and it just seems like other peoples' CPs flip much quicker than mine. I know Manuel is a genius at the sticks, but mine doesn't even come close to how quickly his flips in his stock living room video. When I try to flip indoors, the 8 foot ceilings are just barely enough room (I'd say it takes a good 2 seconds to get inverted).

I have tried adjusting the gyro settings on the RX from nearly off to the point it acts like a coax. I have also tried setting my D/R max to 125% for AILE and ELEV.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

More info:
The heli is one day old, so head speed should be at its max for being stock.
Using the Devo 8s TX
Jaydawgx7 is offline Find More Posts by Jaydawgx7
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:27 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
Try setting the trvad (normal EPA) settings to 120% or higher which will give the servos a better reaction time response (this is with a devo 7 tx, there must be an equivalent in the devo 8s).

Check which section adjusts the normal EPA in the 8s manual.

D/R - dual rates reduces or inhibits the servo maximum travel to 50%, so if you are doing 3d stuff in dual rate, it will be a bit slow by default. If you have to change the dual rate, you need to switch to normal rates anyway.

Head speed is also adjustable within the output settings of the throttle curve (no idea how to increase or lower it with the devo 8.
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydawgx7 View Post
I tried searching for this, but couldn't find my answer.

My walkera mini cp seems to flip and roll way too slowly. I've watched many youtube videos and it just seems like other peoples' CPs flip much quicker than mine. I know Manuel is a genius at the sticks, but mine doesn't even come close to how quickly his flips in his stock living room video. When I try to flip indoors, the 8 foot ceilings are just barely enough room (I'd say it takes a good 2 seconds to get inverted).

I have tried adjusting the gyro settings on the RX from nearly off to the point it acts like a coax. I have also tried setting my D/R max to 125% for AILE and ELEV.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

More info:
The heli is one day old, so head speed should be at its max for being stock.
Using the Devo 8s TX
Check Tom Z's sticky for the Mini CP set-ups. He shows Manuel's settings for a stock brushed Mini. With that said, my best flips are happening with default pitch settings from the manual, though those flips are being done outside. You're brave with 8-foot ceilings.

BTW, I'm originally from Naperville.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
88 Posts
Can anybody tell me what do i have to do to flip
It? Im a new flyer and i can do anything apart from
3D
Udonsushi is offline Find More Posts by Udonsushi
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udonsushi View Post
Can anybody tell me what do i have to do to flip
It? Im a new flyer and i can do anything apart from
3D
Before trying your first flip, I would make sure that your motor and batteries are in top condition. If in doubt, use new ones. In any case, the flip should be tried within the first 2 minutes of flight.

Firstly, the heli should be in stunt mode. It is best to use a flat 100% throttle curve for both idle 1 or Idle 2. Forward flips are the easiest to do and this is what I would recommend for beginners

1. With the heli in stunt mode, fly it to a height of 30 ft and enter into a tail-in hover
2. Open up the throttle and apply full forward elevator once the heli has climbed a bit.
3. Now gradually pull the throttle stick down as the heli enter an inverted position.
4. As soon as it is past the inverted position, pull the throttle stick up again.

The idea is to enter and exit the flip in the same position but this is extremely difficult to do. Also make sure that you do at it at some distance from yourself as it is quite easy to mis-time and hit yourself in the process.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:33 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Before trying your first flip, I would make sure that your motor and batteries are in top condition. If in doubt, use new ones. In any case, the flip should be tried within the first 2 minutes of flight.
Seconded on that point. Also, I've found that the Genius upgraded 350mAh 25C batteries are a bit better than even the 300mAh Turbo Ace batteries WOW pushes. I've noticed very little impact to the Mini's flipping ability forward and backward due to the battery's slightly higher weight and larger size. I was able to flip five minutes with the Genius battery, though I brought her down to be safe between 5:25 and 5:30.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade Mcpx v1 v2 vs Walkera Mini Cp vs Genius Cp vs solo pro 100 3d f.a.r.m.e.r Micro Helis 104 Mar 04, 2014 12:41 AM
Sold Walkera Genius CP/Mini CP brushless motors RawmadeCF Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 04, 2012 12:33 AM
Discussion Walkeras Mini CP - Value, Platinum or Premium ? SpookiePower Micro Helis 1 Mar 07, 2012 04:25 AM
Question Walkera Mini CP VS Genius CP unj008 Electric Heli Talk 2 Feb 09, 2012 05:14 PM
Poll Have you inverted (loop/flip/roll/...) Walkera 4G3 ? userrc Micro Helis 14 Nov 16, 2009 05:19 PM