HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2014, 04:49 PM
Australia, SA, Riverton
Joined Nov 2012
53 Posts
Evan D. You say that you have CROW on throttle. I presume you mean throttle switch (back left of t/x). It may just be an alarm that comes on to say that the switch is activated and that CROW is in operating mode. I think that you maybe able to switch it off in the mixing edit window.
RobMill is online now Find More Posts by RobMill
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2014, 05:21 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,262 Posts
Sorry Rob, it's on the throttle stick not switch... By mix editing window you mean the individual mixes, not the main overall menu. Correct?
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Mar 08, 2014, 05:29 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
15,923 Posts
Make sure that all your "Beep on centre" settings are off.
Any that are on will cause a beep every time you move that stick/pot to neutral.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 08, 2014, 06:00 PM
Australia, SA, Riverton
Joined Nov 2012
53 Posts
That's correct. I set up a model with flap up/flap down by using 3 pos switch. 0 = up flap, 1 = neutral, 3 = down flap. Maybe that is a bit simplistic for advanced glider flying, but I was only using a Bixler powered glider.
RobMill is online now Find More Posts by RobMill
Old Mar 08, 2014, 06:59 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,262 Posts
Found it in one of the mixes, thanks!
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Mar 09, 2014, 04:06 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,704 Posts
I've had bad luck with the 9XR. Is there a known issue with the sticks on this radio? Mine seem to be no linear! Any help appreciated.
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Old Mar 09, 2014, 09:51 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
2,895 Posts
Try to calibrate them. Press long the left key to enter the general settings menu, and then keep pressing the right key till you find the calibration menu. Follow the instructions.
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Mar 09, 2014, 11:01 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
Try to calibrate them. Press long the left key to enter the general settings menu, and then keep pressing the right key till you find the calibration menu. Follow the instructions.
I'll try that thank you!
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Old Mar 10, 2014, 04:04 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
5,843 Posts
Question. Throttle curve. Oh knowledgable ones. Can any one tell me how should I set up the throttle curve for a quad?
At present the throttle is too 'sharp' and I am having difficulty getting a setting where I can keep the quad at a constant height.
It becomes so unstable that the quad is like a Yo Yo.
I want to have a setting where I have a wider range at approx off - mid throttle.
What % should the curve be set at starting from off to 50% of throttle?
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Mar 10, 2014, 04:20 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Question. Throttle curve. Oh knowledgable ones. Can any one tell me how should I set up the throttle curve for a quad?
At present the throttle is too 'sharp' and I am having difficulty getting a setting where I can keep the quad at a constant height.
It becomes so unstable that the quad is like a Yo Yo.
I want to have a setting where I have a wider range at approx off - mid throttle.
What % should the curve be set at starting from off to 50% of throttle?
You need to look at phisicaly where is the throttle stick when the quad is hovering. In my last case it was just over half stick say 60% throttle. So I just set a 5 point curve, 0/50/60/70/100 as a starting point. You need to then ensure the throttle mix uses that curve.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Mar 10, 2014, 04:35 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
5,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
You need to look at phisicaly where is the throttle stick when the quad is hovering. In my last case it was just over half stick say 60% throttle. So I just set a 5 point curve, 0/50/60/70/100 as a starting point. You need to then ensure the throttle mix uses that curve.
Thanks Chris for a quick answer. The hover starts at about 1/3 stick.
I will try your suggestions. But now once more confused as what or how is the mix for the throttle and the curve?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:48 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,356 Posts
Well it may be different in er9x but on OpenTx that I use you design the curve then add the curve in the mix menu to the throttle mix. Simple one step.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Mar 10, 2014, 06:15 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
5,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Well it may be different in er9x but on OpenTx that I use you design the curve then add the curve in the mix menu to the throttle mix. Simple one step.
I have the 9XR V 1.6++.
After having a DX6i I must confess that the 9XR is confusing. I am cracking some of the features, as I 'play' with it.
It's more trial and error. I will just keep on until I crack it.
Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 01:43 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I have the 9XR V 1.6++.
After having a DX6i I must confess that the 9XR is confusing. I am cracking some of the features, as I 'play' with it.
It's more trial and error. I will just keep on until I crack it.
Thanks.
Here's some tutorials that may help. Once you've got mixing figured out, the rest is a piece of cake.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820823
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Mar 11, 2014, 04:06 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
5,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
Here's some tutorials that may help. Once you've got mixing figured out, the rest is a piece of cake.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820823
Thanks but I have those saved. Problem is, the 'mixing' one, the video is not very sharp and it is difficult to see what screen it is. I keep watching it and try to sus it out.

An Oops! Having come out of hospital last Friday, (hernia repair) my brain is still not functioning.
The 1.6++ is my KK2. The OS of the 9XR is ER9X.