HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Do you think Global Warming is caused by Mankinds burning of fossil fuels?
Yes, it is caused by fossil fuels 173 32.22%
Not sure 68 12.66%
No it is not cause by fossil fuels 296 55.12%
Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
You need a Federal wife, like so many women have Federal husbands to pay the bills, buy the food, pay the cell phone, etc.
It would kind of hurt my pride though to admit that I was unable to take care of myself and need the Govt. to take care of me. Especially at 80 years of age, I'm almost too old to make the change now.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
You're in luck, Mike! Federal authorities have specifically committed to breaking down 'outdated' notions like the 'stigma' of living off of someone else via govt assistance. They've been making great inroads on this. You're *owed* by other people, and thus own the right to use them in such a manner!

Isn't that an awesome 'progressive' advancement?
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
You're in luck, Mike! Federal authorities have specifically committed to breaking down 'outdated' notions like the 'stigma' of living off of someone else via govt assistance. They've been making great inroads on this. You're *owed* by other people, and thus own the right to use them in such a manner!

Isn't that an awesome 'progressive' advancement?
I know that the federal govt. under obama has made tremendous strides in taking away any responsibility that any individual might feel he has. But for some reason or other I would just feel guilty having the Govt. support me. I know. Pretty soon some progressive is going to pop in and yell Social Security, but for Pete's sake, I've paid into that for 44 years and don't have nearly as much as if I had been allowed to invest that money myself, but that is the cost of the govt. taking control over the individual's life. I mean like using food stamps, other kind of Govt. aid. But, obama is only trying to do what he, in his little mind, feels is right, and that is grow the govt. as big as he possibly can. It is the least that the younger people can do is turn over every part of their life to the Govt. for the good of the many.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
They're about to get screwed in the most epic demographic/economic screwery of all of human history. They're at the bottom of the pyramid facing titanic debt and even bigger unfunded mandates, for a cohort which dwarfs theirs. What a bargain!

Watch the totally predictable results as the economic illiteracy of the ruling class pols leads right to completely running out of resources for all these promises.

What they'll do next is grab for whatever private funding has been set aside and saved in spite of their best efforts by private individuals. They'll attempt to fill in the gap for their ridiculously wrong economic actions by nationalizing private retirement accounts and savings, and issuing 'guarantees' to 'safeguard' this money for the good of its actual owners.

Watch and learn. Or don't learn, most likely. This is like Venezuela when Chavez came in. Predictably wrong ideas leads to wrong actions leads to disastrous outcomes.
Last edited by MtnGoat; Yesterday at 09:28 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,284 Posts
Why are extreme weather events becoming less common?

Quote:
The Earth’s climate is poorly understood, and random variation likely accounts for most of the ups and downs of notable weather events. But for some reason, extreme weather events are becoming less common. The United States has now gone longer without a landfall of a Category 3 hurricane than at any time in recorded history.

And something similar is happening with tornadoes. Tornado frequency is at the lowest level in 50 years, a trend that is continuing so far in 2014. NOAA’s Storm Prediction Center says that the year to date is “[l]ikely the slowest start to tornado activity in any year in modern record, and possibly nearly a century!” NOAA says the severity of tornadoes is down, too.

Is “climate change” causing the weather to become milder? I doubt it. For one thing, the climate isn’t changing much at all, at the moment. But for whatever reason, we are living in a time of placid weather, compared with historical norms.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...ld-weather.php

Ohhh the humanity!
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
what happened to all the hurricanes and tornadoes and chaos prayed for by warmists?

Or....is the lessening of storms merely proof of climate 'instability', which must be caused by man?
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,284 Posts
Quote:
what happened to all the hurricanes and tornadoes and chaos prayed for by warmists?

Or....is the lessening of storms merely proof of climate 'instability', which must be caused by man?
I don't know, but if it is caused by man I am seeing a lot of upside to this climate change stuff.

I say keep on keepin' on!
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
We're all going to die. We need the Govt to set up the carbon tax to stop this horrible global warming. I mean climate change, or whatever the heck they call it now. LOL After all, only the federal govt. is wise enough to know what to do to help us out of this awful crisis.
Wouldn't it be easier to have a death tax? Oh, wait.
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,771 Posts
Quote:

You clearly misread something. It makes sense that the possibility of a lack of severe storms may in fact be due to the lack of severe storms, but that doesn't prove that they weren't not caused by man.
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Today, 05:25 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,143 Posts
Flow Chart Logic..........................

http://www.upworthy.com/dont-think-c...for-that?c=bl3
stevenjohnsen is online now Find More Posts by stevenjohnsen