HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:12 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,014 Posts
Seadog Not good. I will e-mail you later to see if we can figure out what went wrong.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:18 AM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Seadog Not good. I will e-mail you later to see if we can figure out what went wrong.
Thanks bud. Will be stuck home all day now. Punishment is to rip out carpet in the bed room. LOL Women have no mercy.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:21 AM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,014 Posts
True that , waiting on mine to get home. and rip me up for buying another quad. Yes I picked up another one!
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:22 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
I have had a few short but successful flights with it. Nothing too long or far really. Have done a bunch of touch and go's. The good flights were only maybe 12 ft. off the ground max and only went a few hundred yards. Trying to ease into it and not pushing it due to the newness of this.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
Quote:
True that , waiting on mine to get home. and rip me up for buying another quad. Yes I picked up another one!
Boy you young guys and your toys. Getting afraid I'll have to come out of retirement to playing. Can't win. Either all types of free time but no money or very little free time and some money. Wonder what the wife would say if I asked her not to retire end of this month???
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:32 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
saw this posting in another thread
"Ah, ok. That makes me feel better. Thanks for the advice. That makes since, I might have to update to the latest version then. I haven't looked at the newest code yet, still trying to iron out my random issues with flipping.

Has anyone tried testing what will happen if the Rx gets completely unplugged from the flight controller? I had this happen once due to a bad connection and things got interesting really quick. "
wonder if the rx got loose?? or one of the connections? but if that happened wouldn't that shut the motors down with not signal?
Old Apr 02, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined May 2004
716 Posts
Flew another battery pack and "thought" I was taking recording the flight from the ground but the camera batteries died within seconds. I was trying to show you guys a weird stutter or surge I guess you would call it when you aggressively give it throttle or if the quad has to compensate on it's own in wind.

Switched cameras and started to record but could not duplicate. It almost appears that it does this more noticably the first minute or so on a fresh battery.

I will try to record what I am talking about soon.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:02 PM
Joined May 2004
716 Posts
Whoa...just let the magic smoke out of the Zippy 2200 pack that came with my quad. Crazy!! It was only down to 3.78 volts per cell after my 6.5 minute flight. I charged it up and when I picked up the pack, it smoked like crazy. Thought it was a short at first but the smell was not burning wires. It was the lithium. Pack didn't swell at all. One cell, I bet with the issue now at 3.89. I have charged lipos hundreds of times without an issue.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:06 PM
Joined May 2004
716 Posts
Here is a video showing what I am talking about.

It happens when you give it throttle quickly. Also does it when a bit windy just hovering.

Listen closely and you can hear what I am talking about. Is this normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HksfmtcIdPM
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:08 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,014 Posts
sounds like a prop outta balance.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
before my ill fated flight. Battery died just before but a little after this I was up in the air about 2 feet moving back and forth a little trying to adjust the trims. Then she wanted to be Rocket Man. LOL As you can see my yard is small hence trying to trim it there isn't good. should of gone to park like I planned. umm then would my Quad be in some trees? Hey bright side is who has tested the Quad strength from high altitude. No ONE!!! See I did a good thing. Damn thing is a tank. Watched your prop balance video Paul. Did all of mine before flight too. Prior nope so maybe that was some issues back then?
http://vimeo.com/21847548
Old Apr 02, 2011, 12:58 PM
Joined May 2004
716 Posts
I will balance them later today. Thought about that due to my wavy onboard video. Almost sounds like all 4 motors in unison surging. I'll balance and see.

Thanks.

Quote:
sounds like a prop outta balance.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 01:01 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
Watched your prop balance video Paul.
Is that video online somewhere?

M.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Apr 02, 2011, 01:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Is that video online somewhere?

M.
Umm can't find it but this will do. The el-cheapo way.
How to balance a plastic Prop (3 min 44 sec)
Old Apr 02, 2011, 03:13 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
before my ill fated flight. Battery died just before but a little after this I was up in the air about 2 feet moving back and forth a little trying to adjust the trims. Then she wanted to be Rocket Man. LOL As you can see my yard is small hence trying to trim it there isn't good. should of gone to park like I planned.
http://vimeo.com/21847548
seadog:
In this video you never get 1 foot off the ground. You need to get more off the ground.

You will never get it trimmed out with ground effect .

http://www.dynamicflight.com/aerodyn...ground_effect/

tony try :

PID. 3.5, and -18 for the P and D on both aileron and Elevator

this is normal for high PID settings. (stable flight)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=890

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=914

See the code writer talk about it, because people have asked this before. ^^^^^
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; Apr 02, 2011 at 03:32 PM.