HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:27 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,627 Posts
corky, awesome job! where did you get those light lenses?
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:26 AM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
corky, awesome job! where did you get those light lenses?
Thanks for the kind words Chris! If you're referring to the lenses on the landing lights, that is Scotch Clear Packing Tape. If you look close, (click on the thumb nail then click on the pic again) you can see the edge of the tape just outside the pin stripe tape I used to make the "lens frame".
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:46 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
i flew my GC again the other day for some relatives who were visiting, and it flew SO NICE!!! its the best its ever flown, now that i have it all dialed in. im going to have to go & figure out how to operate my keychain cam again, cause i tried to capture a couple of the flights, but it didnt work. my uncle has caught the "rc flyin" bug though. says that when he gets to oklahoma, he's going to get him a plane & learn to fly. so thats a good thing. i always enjoy seeing someone else get interested in the hobby.
gChrisgo - are you flying her with a 4S battery now?
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:24 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,160 Posts
Corky, I don't think you will have much to worry about. This model has no bad vices at all. I have been flying 35 years, and have many many models, but the 310 is one of my favorite foamy's because of its qualities in the air. It can also be flown very scale, as that's one reason I love it so much!
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
gChrisgo - are you flying her with a 4S battery now?
yeah, i fly 3 and 4cell.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:09 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
I ordered one of these babies. So V2 has the retracts but did they put in bigger esc's or change motors?
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,627 Posts
no, ive put bigger motors in mine, myself.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:30 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
I'm going to fly mine stock for a few flights then i'm going to mod the daylights out of it. Carbon in fuse,wings and tail. I would have to mod motor mounts i'm sure but i have 2 ntm 3542/1250kv motors looking for a home as well so that might happen unless i order some shorter motors.After all that i want to spend some time on a nice color scheme. These motors were meant for a Baron kit but NP is taking there sweet time restocking that bird.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:49 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
I'm going to fly mine stock for a few flights then i'm going to mod the daylights out of it. Carbon in fuse,wings and tail. I would have to mod motor mounts i'm sure but i have 2 ntm 3542/1250kv motors looking for a home as well so that might happen unless i order some shorter motors.After all that i want to spend some time on a nice color scheme. These motors were meant for a Baron kit but NP is taking there sweet time restocking that bird.
What Baron kit did NP have, I missed that one?
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:51 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
Aerosky. Comes rtf, arf or kit. Its a beaut.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a78-b-6...-blue-arf.html
Last edited by gewiens; Jan 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:04 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
I always call it a baron. I meant duke.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:34 AM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj3cub View Post
Corky, I don't think you will have much to worry about. This model has no bad vices at all. I have been flying 35 years, and have many many models, but the 310 is one of my favorite foamy's because of its qualities in the air. It can also be flown very scale, as that's one reason I love it so much!
Thanks for the words of confidence sj. I've watched all the GC vids I've been able to find and can't get enough of this beauty. If she's as docile as she looks in the videos it should be a joy to fly and I'll be well on my way to also making this one of my fave's. But I can also attest that a pro has a way of making anything look easy.
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky65 View Post
Thanks for the kind words Chris! If you're referring to the lenses on the landing lights, that is Scotch Clear Packing Tape. If you look close, (click on the thumb nail then click on the pic again) you can see the edge of the tape just outside the pin stripe tape I used to make the "lens frame".
looks stock! what did you use for the metallic reflectors inside the lenses?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:56 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
i have 2 ntm 3542/1250kv motors looking for a home ........ These motors were meant for a Baron kit but NP is taking there sweet time restocking that bird.
What was your source for those motors? Also, are you sure they will fit in that rather short distance (as it appears to be) from spinner back plate to firewall?? Or will fire wall have to be relocated aft a bit further to eliminate any gap between spinner back plate and nacelle?
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:19 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
I just had the motors here. Didn't buy them for this plane. I don't have the plane yet but I'm guessing that the fire wall will have to be moved back. I like back plates with little gap as possible.