HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:20 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
I like the XT60 also, but I'm in deep with the EC3 connectors. I probably have more than 50 on batteries and esc. I really don't want to go through swapping them all out again.
I made a couple of stubby XT60 to EC3 adapters that I can attach to the (EC3) ESC when needed. I didn't want to switch out any existing connectors either.
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:22 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
5,804 Posts
That's one thing I don't like to do. Adaptors...
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,216 Posts
I don't need to worry about (EC3) connectors anymore.

I ended up buying the F4F and I am extremely disappointed. It truly defines cheap crap from China........at least the one I received does.

It looked like someone played soccer with the fuse, the horizontal stabilizer has a crack in it right by the hinge on one side, and the ailerons are warped. The warping on the left one is so bad I would not try fly it even in a wide open field miles from houses.

I am officially one and done with Parkzone Parkflyers. Why pay twice as much for stuff that is made in the same plants as the other places and has the same imperfections?

I attached some pictures, but they do not do justice as to how bad this plane is beat up. To add insult to injury, the Product Support guy at HH was extremely rude in our conversation.

This one is going back and no more of my money for HH. The Champ is a great starter plane and the T-28 is a great second plane, but everything else have purchased is not impressive at all, especially for the premium cost.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:17 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
4,881 Posts
Sorry you were so disappointed. We should have warned you about the warps. Almost all have it. The cracks look minor, but again shouldn't be there. All could be fixed quite easily and you would have a solid flyer, but its your money.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,216 Posts
They shouldn't be there for sure. I am curious about the fixes for the warped wings though. It looks cool otherwise and I can deal with some of the minor stuff, the ailerons concern me from a safety standpoint though....
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
5,804 Posts
GBLynden
You can always start spending twice as much on Hangar Nine stuff
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:41 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,195 Posts
Easy fixes - go fly!
Hink64 is offline Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:48 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,387 Posts
I love mine! Go fly
rcrich is online now Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:59 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I am with GB, they need to fix their lack of QC on their planes, a plane like you have there should have been pulled off the line. They are easy fixes and to a point I think HH is relying on the consumer to just fix this stuff and go fly.

I do love their products but I really really want them to get their stuff together. I still like their products and I do think for the most part they are superior to the competition but the competition is closing the gap or more like HH is allowing that gap to close with their lack of QC.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:57 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
GBLynden
You can always start spending twice as much on Hangar Nine stuff
Are you insane? Why would I pay more to the same company that can't even get this right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hink64 View Post
Easy fixes - go fly!
Let's see these easy fixes. I am not flying a plane with warped wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
I love mine! Go fly
You fly with warped wings?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:14 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,195 Posts
If the wings are warped that is a different matter. It appeared the aiels were warp which is simple. I ordered a fuse once that had a huge dent behind the cockpit that warped the tail by ten degrees. With some hot water it was fixed in ten minutes. They HH sent a new fuse. If unhappy, send them a pic. You may even be able to keep what you have for spares. Good luck.
Hink64 is offline Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:41 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,161 Posts
Pick out a relatively "safe" place and throw her up in the air....you just might be surprised at how well it flys.

I understand you are upset with the imperfections...mine had/has some slight warpage on the ailerons...and I love the way it flys, nevertheless! Do they look a bit "wonky"....yes. Does it affect the way it flys...no. I've never even mentioned it before because it's a non-issue in regards to flight performance.

Just fly the model and see what you think. You might think I'm nuts, and that's okay, but try the model in the air first and then start to pick it apart from a QC standpoint. I could easily do the same with any of the models I've purchased, but I realize they are all made in China and what really separates them is the stuff inside....not the foam.

Give her a chance to redeem herself in the air....

Just my .02
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:48 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,216 Posts
If I try to fly it then I can't send it back. I can't afford a plane that is an experiment nor do I want to perform surgery on a plane that can make it bubble and make it so I can't send it back.

The part that made me the most upset is when I talked to product support. The guy was a complete jerk. Basically, it is either send it back or just deal with it dude. Well, it is going back even though before I noticed most of the issues I was happy with how cool it looked. The warped flying surfaces I only noticed after the plane was completly put together and was testing it to prepare to add any trim, if needed. I couldn't even tell what to do because of the warped surfaces.

The QC wasn't this bad on anything I bought from Banana Hobby.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by GBLynden; Oct 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,161 Posts
Sorry to hear all of that, but it is your hard earned money and in today's economy it's all about what makes you happy.

Hopefully HH will take note of this and try to rectify the situation through more agressive QC. They have been known to destroy entire shipments of Hurricanes due to crummy paint...

And yes, I've bought some absolute junk from BH....and you can't call anyone to vent. So the whole tit-for-tat thing is just that. Bought a 1400mm J-3 Cub from them once that came missing parts....and guess what? I eventually binned it b/c they wouldn't/refused to send me the parts needed to complete the model. So, much like you and HH, BH will never get another dime of my money.

Again, very sorry to hear of your experience.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Justwingit; Oct 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,161 Posts
Expectation management...

Again, understand your frustration, but nothing you buy is going to be perfect.

Mine has nearly 25 flight hours on her and her ailerons look like this:
RCG Plus Member