HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2010, 03:17 PM
Joined May 2010
24 Posts
Discussion
problems with Syma S032

I bought the S032 ten day ago. this is my first RC helicopter exprience. until today it was running perfectly. it's alot of fun. today the problem begins... I bring it up to a steady hover, then start a forward flight and in a counter clockwise circle around my living room. during the flight the helicopter start to decent. seems like it's losing power somehow. I hover it, push the stick to the left - helicopter rotating counter clockwise and start to decent. push the stick to the right - helicopter rotating clockwise and goes up again. since i have no idea what to do i hope someone here in this forum may help...

another question is about aftermarket upgrades for this helicopter. are there any out there? (bigger battery, more powerful motors maybe)

Thanks,
Yoreh.
yoreh is offline Find More Posts by yoreh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2010, 12:10 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Hi Yoreh, welcome to the forum

The S032 isn't as good at holding it's height as the S107, you have to adjust the throttle slightly when moving or turning to compensate.

If the heli is able to climb then the motors and battery seem okay. Are you giving it 'full stick' in the turns? This can cause it to drop as the battery now has to power the tail motor (and it's a big prop). Try turning gently and adding a little throttle - I find they all seem to turn better to the right and climb, probably due to the flybar rotating that way. Turning left I always add a click of throttle to hold it up.

See if anybody else chips in with some help.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jun 01, 2010, 07:14 AM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
I will be ordering two batt and a charger and a pcb. Then I will build an independant charger for it. Battery already have a connector.
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Jun 01, 2010, 01:51 PM
Joined May 2010
24 Posts
thanks guys for the answers and the warm wellcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron25 View Post
The S032 isn't as good at holding it's height as the S107, you have to adjust the throttle slightly when moving or turning to compensate.
I've noticed that. had no problem with that as i was adding / reducing throttle as needed to maintain a steady forward flight. what makes me worry is the sudden change of the helicopter behavior. forward flight = rapid decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros007 View Post
I will be ordering two batt and a charger and a pcb. Then I will build an independant charger for it. Battery already have a connector.
trying to eliminate the problem, I've replaced all main blades - no help. replaced two main motors - small improvement in helicopter behavior.
also began to notice that flight time is shortening and general power is lowering...very fast. what make me think it is simply a battery problem.

Ceros007 - can you be more specific regarding the charger idea? seems like a good one.

two of my friends saw that helicopter and they want me to order for them. that's two... I'm thinking of getting three.

thanks again,
Yoreh.
Old Jun 01, 2010, 03:08 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
I will permanent plug the charger with a switch on the pcb. Since the pcb already have a connector, you can change the batt. So I will put everything in an electrical box.

Charger------to--|switch--to--pcb|-----to----batt
Old Jun 03, 2010, 10:37 AM
Joined May 2010
24 Posts
Thank you I will give it a try. once the new s032 arrive I will strip the older one down, use the PCB to make a charger, and keep the rest for spare parts. the only problem i can see is battery replacement is not that easy with this model. need to think it up.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:14 AM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
S032

anybody please reply me soon!!

my RC heli S032 is nt being charged..but the charger is working.whom should i consult now??? please please reply meee:con fused::con fused:
mvmsk is offline Find More Posts by mvmsk
Last edited by mvmsk; Jun 17, 2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
At 114 grams, the S032 is heavy.

Running a smaller copter until battery 'run down' can result in a borked cell.

Doing that just once with an S032 will result, in a...
without question- if you ran it until it was 'dead' the first time, it cooked the battery.

I have two S032's over 3 months old now, with dozens of flights on each. One's even been fully disassembled and repainted, and re-assembled without issue.

To me, it sounds like your battery's gone to Valhalla.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:24 AM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
////killbucket...

hey tanQ...for your reply

but i my charging socket(i mean the white piece to which charger's pin is to be connected) came out of its position.thats the thing!!!
should i solder it now??if soo how??
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:06 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Post photo?

You mean, the white connector body ON the helicopter?

If that's come off, look very close at it: did it tear the solder pads from the circuit board? If so, it's kaput, unless you are a very, very good board re-worker.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:48 AM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
Everone is having the same problems as the OP
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:06 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I am baffled. I could accept that ONE of mine could be a 'hand-pick", as it was provided as a sample, but as to why the one from EBay/China is still operating, I'm lost.

-ain't that a new problem in this segment-

I do know that the nature of DC motors are that one can bog down another on the same assembly, if power is low, depending on circuitry. Path of least resistance, etc.

While I don't expect these to have great components at their price point, I am wondering if people are fingering good motors, when power is the issue.

By all estimation, one of mine should be dead by now, because they have both been flown quite a bit. I've put a different battery into one of them, simply because I had it lying around. The original is just fine for all I know, and I'll keep it around to swap back in of troubles arise.

The S032 is much heavier than a 107, if you've run an S032 to the point where it can't hold a hover, you've more than likely damaged the one cell it runs on. It's just too much load.
This is just my opinion, not based on any experience, because I've been careful not to run either of my S032's for more than two minutes or so.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
Joined May 2010
24 Posts
I can accept that... a battery problem. hack I hope it would be. lucky for me - my next door friend saw the Heli at my place and fell in love with it. so now he have one also, and tomorrow we'll test both choppers. we will swap batteries, motors if needed and probably the PCB itself. I'm going to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

will keep you all up-to-date.
Cheers,
Yoreh.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:02 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
I was talking to hobby-estore and they have some at their store for "them". A couple of them needed a motor swap.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:28 AM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Kill bucket

dude...!!! yes...those pin connected to the board are broken.i took it to a repair shop.that shop felow..extended those pins to other socket and changed the cahrger's pin too.
but the problem here is,when i connect the charger to the extended pin n switch it on,the LED light on the charger goes OFF.(it means the heli is charging as previously).but my heli's rotor fan is NOT working...n motor is sounding like buZZZZZZZZ
Last edited by mvmsk; Jun 20, 2010 at 06:39 AM.