HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2002, 08:51 AM
Woodburn, Oregon
Joined Jun 2002
25 Posts
Help!
Triton Issue

Received a Triton charger a few days before Christmas after being back ordered from Tower for about a month. Out of the box, i noticed that the large scroll/push to enter dial would stick when pressed at about the 7:00 o'clock position. You had to rotate the dial before it would pop back up. After fussing with it, things improved but after setting a few days it was worse.

With more fussing and a few unkind thoughts, I discovered the red plastic top panel could be slid, side to side, about 1/8". If I pressed the dial where it stuck and slid the panel until it popped up, there was a very precise area where it worked nearly all of the time.

The front panel appears to be retained only by the end caps. The multi function switch is mounted on a circuit board at the bottom of the charger with the dial passing through the front panel and pressed onto it's shaft.

The whole thing doesn't fill me with confidence. Has anyone else experienced this glitch and have a better solution. It's not too late to return it to Tower (or have it serviced) but I'm not too happy about having to eat shipping costs above the somewhat hefty (for me) purchase price. I'm new to electrics and the VISA charges are starting to add up.

Otherwise, it seems to work quite nicely.

rct:
R.C. Trost is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Trost
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2002, 09:52 AM
Mass.
Joined Apr 2002
50 Posts
I just received one for Christmas as well and noticed the same thing. Once I shifted the case, it stopped sticking. Time will tell.
hangerrash is offline Find More Posts by hangerrash
Old Dec 30, 2002, 10:30 AM
United States, NY, Spencerport
Joined Oct 2001
2,801 Posts
I highly suggest that if you feel you have a signifigant problem with the unit, that you contact productsupport@greatplanes.com and see what they have to say about it.
mkirsch1 is offline Find More Posts by mkirsch1
Old Dec 30, 2002, 12:06 PM
Woodburn, Oregon
Joined Jun 2002
25 Posts
Actually, I have sent a report of the problem to Great Planes support and am still awaiting an answer. I'll post their response if it seems useful.
rct
Old Dec 31, 2002, 09:50 AM
United States, NY, Spencerport
Joined Oct 2001
2,801 Posts
Did you at least get a robot reply? If not, your message didn't make it, and you should send it again.
mkirsch1 is offline Find More Posts by mkirsch1
Old Dec 31, 2002, 12:43 PM
Woodburn, Oregon
Joined Jun 2002
25 Posts
Yes, I did receive an automated response. They are probably slow because of the holidays. In the meantime, I was hoping the combined wisdom here on EZone would help me determine if it's a serious issue ... or even offer a solution. At least I know someone else has had the same problem.
rct