JABBER 2011 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:03 PM
YOUTUBE - R/C Life Channel
Joined Sep 2010
231 Posts
Discussion
Dean Tech GT913 VS JABBER

So I will be getting a bike soon. Sadly, I had a stupid set back, so I can not get my JABBER 2013 I want to get..........So I narrowed my decision down to two bikes, the newly released Dean Tech GT913 or the JABBER replica 2011. We all know the JABBER is suppose to be the better performance bike, and maybe it is. Here are my thoughts on these bikes;

Dean Tech GT913;

Cons - no rider......, no upgrade

pros - includes front brakes, rims and tires, price ($439.00)

This bike looks good, nice C.F. frame and design looks nice, but I haven't been able to find any videos on youtube showing this bike run so its really hard to spend this much on a bike when a couple more get me a JABBER which again is suppose to be the better bike, (hopefully its not just a name)

JABBER 2011

Cons - no rider, body, rims, brakes, tires, hell its a frame only, price ($749.00)

Pros - I can upgrade to the 2013 in time, design is suppose to be top notch with insane lean, its a JABBER

These bikes are insane on the track, only seen videos on youtube, everything from races to practice runs. Since I can no longer afford the $1400 dollar bike I was planning on getting, at least this way I could upgrade instead of buying another expensive bike.
kjohns0n is offline Find More Posts by kjohns0n
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:17 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
647 Posts
People always narrow the Jabber down to Performance, or leaning angle.
I use my 2011 the third season now (it's my rain bike now), and I can honestly tell you - The performance is just a small part of it.
The main part, that makes you happy about it, is the serviceability, and the repeatability of setup changes.
I owned a NF509 in 2010 - a very good and fast bike. But at one point it stopped working, started to loose the front end, and so on - I never found the issue, everything looked fine.
With the Jabber it's different. If the handling suddenly gets worse, you ALWAYS find an issue. Be it a loose screw, a broken plate or anything - but you know if a Jabber starts to handle funny, something is wrong with it. And once you checked the bike out, it runs as fine as always.
It is designed not only to go fast, but also to be very service friendly. And to my knowledge, it is currently the only bike that is..
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:07 AM
Joined Sep 2010
231 Posts
Thanks Gartenzwerg, very insightful
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:18 AM
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
I am following this thread because I am in same situation, considering buying RG Evo4, Jabber or GT913.
RedBull_Dk is offline Find More Posts by RedBull_Dk
Old Jun 11, 2014, 02:14 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
775 Posts
I think durability should be considered with the GT913, when I had it in my hand I thought yeah nice looking bike. On the other hand I thought many thin Cf parts in critical connecting places on the chassis. I thought Hmmmm! that's going to break in a tumble, I thought that about alot of the pieces on the bike. That would be my only concern about the bike, getting it to go fast would not be that far off.
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Jun 11, 2014, 05:01 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
312 Posts
There's a couple of GT913's going around out track now. One is regularly racing and it looked like it's taken a fair bit of tweaking to get it going well but in the end it's going very well. I've seen the RG going well straight from the box and of course the Jabber too. Maybe some of the guys that own them (GT913) might chip in some info.
Rob1o1 is offline Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Old Jun 11, 2014, 06:08 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
775 Posts
Dude just pick this up and lets go I'll help you trick it out 150 and all you have to do is put electronics to it. How easy can it be you drove my ready to run and you can bang that thing around until you get your dream bike. Wooohuuu.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2181893
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Jun 12, 2014, 03:36 AM
Joined Sep 2010
231 Posts
that is a temping offer, i almost wanna buy it, and its close enough to go pick up
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:20 AM
Australia, QLD, Lowood
Joined Aug 2008
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1o1 View Post
There's a couple of GT913's going around out track now. One is regularly racing and it looked like it's taken a fair bit of tweaking to get it going well but in the end it's going very well. I've seen the RG going well straight from the box and of course the Jabber too. Maybe some of the guys that own them (GT913) might chip in some info.

I'm one of 2 guys that has he GT913's and yes it took a bit of tweaking to sort out the issues but my SB5 PRO did as well. It's taken it's fair share of beatings as well and the only thing I have broken is the lower faing post ( see the oshmins thread to see photos I have posted) and in the end the other GT913 the owner has a jabber as well and to compare them they are fairly close the biggest thing it to be a consistent driver you could have the best bike in the world and do a lap 10 seconds faster than anyone but if you crash a lot you won't be first
CLINT L is online now Find More Posts by CLINT L
Old Jun 18, 2014, 05:43 AM
Australia, QLD, Lowood
Joined Aug 2008
189 Posts
I'm really happy with this bike dose everything I want it to and can be very quick with the right driver.
CLINT L is online now Find More Posts by CLINT L
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:22 AM
Jerez De La Frontera La Parra, Spain
Joined Oct 2004
134 Posts
hi!
clintl you have one pm.
nobita is offline Find More Posts by nobita
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
I picked up my new GT913 at the weekend and also have two more to sell. First impressions of the bike are very good, as previously said it will need a bit of tweaking to get the set up right but so does any bike. I have moved the lower body mounts and scratch bars to improve ground clearance and then gave it a quick run as it came out of the box and all went well. Some adjustment needed on the steering set up and the brake balance but the bike was stable and held its line well mid corner which is a promising start

All the major components look very well made. Unfortunately I won't have time to get it ready to race but I will have them with me at the worlds next week if anyone wants to have a look. Just come to Team GB and ask for Gary
Gspeed is offline Find More Posts by Gspeed