HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:21 AM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Jun 2012
32 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 6ex Owners, Please help

Hi all, I picked up a 6EX about 2 years ago, it had trouble binding more then 2 models, so I ended up getting a dx6i to use while I figured out what the problem was. The 6ex ended up being part of the recall, I sent it in for repair and its has not been used much. I took the back off this week to smooth-en out the throttle ratchet as I got some futaba rx's and planned to use it this year and I am seeing something that may be a potential issue. One of the leads on the main chip is not in contact with the board. I attached a pic. I have emailed futaba but no reply, and my T6EXAP has all leads on this chip soldered, which makes me think it should be, but I am not sure! Please, if anyone has a radio and is comfortable pulling the 4 screws that hold the back and the battery,please let me know if all pins are soldered on your chip! You can always reduce your throttle ratchet while in there! mine was pretty tough from the factory, thanks.
Car6on14 is offline Find More Posts by Car6on14
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:18 AM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Jun 2012
32 Posts
Huge Thank you to vptech for helping me out on this! It is suppose to be connected & Soldered for any with the same issue. Going to post this as im updating this post anyway, here is what I'm debating doing while Im inside the radio, seems like an opportunity to double the TX's model memory with a second EEPROM

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/bhabbott/f4mem.html

Anyone with any info / help please post
Car6on14 is offline Find More Posts by Car6on14
Last edited by Car6on14; Jan 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM.