Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,317 Posts
Try it, if varnished the solder won't stick. Hate this, had to scratch it all out on the RCX with a knife
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,156 Posts
Yep, these small motors have the windings wires directly to the end, if you shorten them, you have to scrape the emanel off.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
Canada, BC, Sooke
Joined Mar 2014
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
hey anyone know if the motor leads on the Cobra mini motors are varnished/coated? Or can I just solder away as is?
The description and pics in the product listing on rotorgeeks makes it seem that there is about an inch of enameled wire from the motor, that they have soldered to normal stranded wire extension: http://rotorgeeks.com/index.php?rout...&product_id=74
genix is offline Find More Posts by genix
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2014
148 Posts
Gents,

Any opinions on these Two?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...250+key+points

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2203038

Quads are getting so popular that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Frame prices are definitely coming down with the increased competition, I'm going to the guess that the Blackout is still at the top of the list.
RyanFromYEG is offline Find More Posts by RyanFromYEG
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
Quote:
and retail price for a daylight view monitor .. going to be more like $700 I think. But soon to be competing with tablets for HD link which I would hope will get better daylight visibility as time marches on.
Galaxy S is brilliant I hear, the new samsung screen puts the ipads to shame.
Great in daylight.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFromYEG View Post
Gents,

Any opinions on these Two?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...250+key+points

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2203038

Quads are getting so popular that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Frame prices are definitely coming down with the increased competition, I'm going to the guess that the Blackout is still at the top of the list.
top one looks like yet another chinese blackout knockoff, but I like the 2nd one much better with it's true clean/dirty frame logic. But I thin if I were getting a new mini quad I'd call up Armattan.

There are so many of them out there now, kind of mind boggling. If you can live with lesser aesthetics and no fancy dist board, then the knockoffs are great I think. Not a whole lot to a frame, except organization and vibration isolation. Still gotta choose the right mix of electric bits to make the music.

The bandwagon hit me over the head. These quads are so responsive, portable and rewarding to fly compared to the two 450 size quads I've had which were downright boring, hangar queens.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,573 Posts
I like frames that use generic pdb's they are cheap to fix after any crash and not proprietary

nothing like spending hundreds on a frame to have it useless after a crash and the only way to fix it is spend a lot more again
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
298 Posts
Quote:
The bandwagon hit me over the head. These quads are so responsive, portable and rewarding to fly compared to the two 450 size quads I've had which were downright boring, hangar queens.
I haven't flown my 450 size quad since I've had the mini. The mini is just so much more fun.
mashednz is offline Find More Posts by mashednz
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
I like frames that use generic pdb's they are cheap to fix after any crash and not proprietary

nothing like spending hundreds on a frame to have it useless after a crash and the only way to fix it is spend a lot more again
oh but on a Mini where weight is critical, I think it is best and pretty easy to just solder all the wires together in shrink wrapped bundles and not use a PDB at all. Just Blackout went for PDB to keep it looking neater like the Discovery and DJI. Truly the Discoverypro I have was a joy to assemble and looks impressive, however that does not add anything to how it flies
Old Today, 12:49 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,251 Posts
more insanity haunting my workshop

fitted some 2m wings to the cessna. bwhahaha