HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didier n View Post
This is the one from Formart heli's i suspect? Hope to see them at jet power next month, have a chat with them...

Didier
Aha, here i was thinking it had a torque drive. the search continues. yes please try to persuade them to make a torque drive version.

thanks
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:23 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
susan just sent me a linkhttp://www.rc-heli-fan.org/post1050398.html#p1050398

looks fine BUT: she also said this

"this gear is made for the century Blackhawk with flexdrive.
It has 105° angle. 5mm shaft (T-Rex450 mainshaft)
And give 25% more Upm to the tailrotor."


Scrap that idea then. Looks great too!
Hi Jay,

Do not scrap it, I called Microhelis today and it is for TT systems also.
Only it has not the housing where you can put in the tube as well, but the torq tube can be insert in the bottom of there gear

http://www.microhelis.de/afsshop/art...8b9g9au6md0ku5

They say to me that they will look for the possibility to insert the tube also as you do with a normal Align tail unit.
But even if this is a problem or to expensive you can use it any way....
Great Guys there and they speak English and Dutch as well
Then; Susan gives you a link
And the Jurgen who makes this BlackHawk are the owner of MicroHelis.

It looks good,



He knows what he is talking about.

So we are back on line.

Keep you posted,

Regards,

Jan,

.
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Last edited by Horseman; Aug 18, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:40 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jay,

Do not scrap it, I called Microhelis today and it is for TT systems also.
Only it has not the housing where you can put in the tube as well, but the torq tube can be insert in the bottom of there gear

http://www.microhelis.de/afsshop/art...8b9g9au6md0ku5

They say to me that they will look for the possibility to insert the tube also as you do with a normal Align tail unit.
But even if this is a problem or to expensive you can use it any way....
Great Guys there and they speak English and Dutch as well
Then; Susan gives you a link
And the Jurgen who makes this BlackHawk are the owner of MicroHelis.

It looks good,



He knows what he is talking about.

So we are back on line.

Keep you posted,

Regards,

Jan,

.
awesome. cool jan i will wait to see your progress as im still a little sceptical. i mentioned to susan i am using torque tube drive and that was her reply. no mention of it being adaptable. heres hoping!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:48 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Hi Jay,

It was Jurgem himself telling it will fit a Torq tube.

By the gear is mentioned:

Bausatz für schräges Heckgetriebe Blackhawk
Gehäuse 2mm CFK
Gewinkelter, kugelgelagerter Anlenkhebel 2mm CFK
T-Rex600/700 TT Anschluss
Übersetzung 20:15 > 30% mehr Drehzahl
5mm Welle gelagert in 5x10 Flanschlagern


T-Rex600/700 TT Anschluss means Torq Tube connection

I'm hopeful

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
ah thats great.

Also, i just got an email from robert at RCA, he said he is shipping my replacement parts monday. it will be nice to be able to put the blackhawk up with 100% confidence!

Also starting my apache rebuild next weekend so ill be updating that build log with my progress. looking forward to working out and installing the new machine gun system.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:59 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
ah thats great.

Also, i just got an email from robert at RCA, he said he is shipping my replacement parts monday. it will be nice to be able to put the blackhawk up with 100% confidence!

Also starting my apache rebuild next weekend so ill be updating that build log with my progress. looking forward to working out and installing the new machine gun system.
That is good news from RCA I like the Apache Gun also you have ordered, but do they have a 500 size also?
I can use a smaller one.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
it doesnt look like it unfortunately jan. why smaller do you think its too big for our 600 size?

my new parts arrived from tf model. i explained to them the the exterior cockpit frame that the windows attach to is very flimsy and flexible, so they made a carbon reinforced one which is solid as a rock. I also asked for white gelcoat and they did that for me too. Great to know they are on point when it comes to replacing damaged apache parts huh jan? gives me a bit more peace of mind.

Im about to start on the tail boom strike patch. shouldnt take long. she will be airborne again soon, and its winter here so no point in any rush.

take care!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Hi Jay,

about your question
it doesnt look like it unfortunately jan. why smaller do you think its too big for our 600 size?

Do you remember the photo's I send you? look what is hanging out at the bottom at the front
They already answered and they have a gun what will do fine. the 500 size.

Regarding TF models, It looks that TF has his e-mail response at a higher level than Smartmodels, sorry to say.
but there website is still down.

Later,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:44 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
hey jan, my apache machine gun and pilots arrived. the 600 size is perfect, its the same lenth as the tf model one and is quite straightforward according to the manual, however, most of the best detail parts, ie, tubing and wiring detail, it is reccomended by the designer you replace with brass tube for strength.

also the pilots are extemely heavy. solid, resin basically. they will take so much work, its no wonder they are so cheap. this new cockpit and gun layout will take a lot of time to perfect so im looking forward to it. it seems impossible at the moment so its time to get the brain to work. haha
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:35 PM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
hey jan, my apache machine gun and pilots arrived. the 600 size is perfect, its the same lenth as the tf model one and is quite straightforward according to the manual, however, most of the best detail parts, ie, tubing and wiring detail, it is reccomended by the designer you replace with brass tube for strength.

also the pilots are extemely heavy. solid, resin basically. they will take so much work, its no wonder they are so cheap. this new cockpit and gun layout will take a lot of time to perfect so im looking forward to it. it seems impossible at the moment so its time to get the brain to work. haha
Hi Jay,

So if I understand you correct then you have to make the detail work yourself anyway but that's the hole point that you not need to do that.
I have some experience with brass tubing but the shape around this gun will be a hand full I can promise you.

But do you have photo's of it? it are still pieces off art.

They can make and ship the 500 size gun in a week and it looks like the 450 size on there website, so I think I got one off those for the BlackHawk and then I will order also some scale caff dispensers for the Apache.

Regarding the pilots, you can always fill them with Helium

Photo's Photo's

Regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Hi jan,

the brass wiring will not be too hard as i have the original laser cut piece as a guide, im just wondering what sort of adhesives i should use to build this gun seeing as its moulded from a plastic resin.

i will post up some pictures over on my apache build log. I have re-glassed the tail strike area and undercoated. its nice and strong again so i will attach the tail boom back to the main fuse this weekend once i find the correct epoxie for the tf models apache. Normal epoxie doesnt stick properly, but worked for re-glassing it.

ive also gutted all the wiring and lights, because RCA are sending me a new lighting kit free of charge to make up for the delay in getting my new UH-60 tail drive gears to me. Thanks to robert at RCA for that!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:45 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
Hi jan,

the brass wiring will not be too hard as i have the original laser cut piece as a guide, im just wondering what sort of adhesives i should use to build this gun seeing as its moulded from a plastic resin.
Jay you can use CA glue and or Epoxy glue it will do fine on Resin parts,
I have made a conning tower from Resin and glued it with CA and Epoxy.





Maybe I will go also for the Apache gun it looks that nice

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
that looks great jan.

maybe you can give me advice on soldering, Im using a bit of old stainless push rod and i cant get the solder to stick to it, do i need to use brass which conducts heat better? steel seemed to work fine on the antenna i made for the black hawk, but i cannot get this to stick. frustrating.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:17 AM
Registered User
Horseman's Avatar
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
that looks great jan.

maybe you can give me advice on soldering, Im using a bit of old stainless push rod and i cant get the solder to stick to it, do i need to use brass which conducts heat better? steel seemed to work fine on the antenna i made for the black hawk, but i cannot get this to stick. frustrating.
Hi Jay,

RVS are difficult to solder so if you can go for Brass please do that
RVS can be glued with epoxy and middle thick CA but solder brass is better.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Thanks jan.

Ive put up pictures on the apache build page: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1634181&page=2

Ive assembled the gun and added detail wiring, worked out linkage rod length and placement and connected it to the receiver. all works perfectly. Ill complete the installation once its all painted and rivited, and the apache mechanics are installed. i can already tell i will have a lot more room in my fuse now because of getting rid of my design for gun movement.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log RC Aerodyne 500-sized UH-60 Blackhawk Mike_Then Scale Helicopters 170 Jul 11, 2014 09:10 AM
Sold UK/EU - RC Aerodyne 500 size UH1N huey fuselage - rescue Cthulu Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Jul 14, 2012 07:23 AM
Build Log RC Aerodyne 600-sized Eurocopter Fennec AS-550 **COMPLETE!!** Mike_Then Scale Helicopters 31 Jan 02, 2012 11:22 AM
Sold 60 size UH-60 blackhawk fuse rcshirt Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 10, 2010 09:59 AM
For Sale Excellium 480 size UH-60 Blackhawk fuselage hagenuk Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jan 25, 2010 10:40 AM