Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
433 Posts
Discussion
Skymaster A10 1:7,75 EDF

Hello Guys,

i got some news from Anton Lin,

Skymaster A10
Length: 2080 mm(80.3”)..Wingspan : 2245mm(88.4”)
AUW from the Prototyp with 12S 5000 Lipos and 2 HST 94, 14 Kg
Stay tuned, more to come

http://www.skymasterjet.com/A10EDF.wmv

Best regards
Reinhard
Liebrein is offline Find More Posts by Liebrein
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 06:44 AM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
433 Posts
here i got another Video,
Anton wrote,
this was 2 x 120mm EDF
Scorpion Motor and ESC
12S 5000mah
Chinese fan unit
2 x 6 kg thrust EDF

XTreme EDF A-10.flv (4 min 46 sec)

Best regards
Reinhard
Old May 09, 2012, 08:28 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2007
632 Posts
Its nice that Skymaster is playing with EDF's. I hope that they start doing some conversions for more of there kits that are good candidates for EDF.

This A10 is a better candidate for that size fan, as there larger A10 really needed some TF8000 to go well.
Despite the 80"x88 Size and 14kg(30lb) it was still a floater.
EDF Crazy is offline Find More Posts by EDF Crazy
Old May 09, 2012, 09:35 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,195 Posts
Now we are talking.... that is sweet

I think a couple light Dynamax setups would be great in there. Dynamax / Scorpion 4035/630 kv ..... maybe even just 11s per side. If it was kept down to 3800 watts per side... something like 90amps you could get a pretty nice flight time on 5000mah

The HST's don't sound so great in this A-10, I think they really get there nice sound from being in a plane with no ducting and a bellmouth. Poor ducting makes a great sound But they are throwing it around real nice

Tams Dynamax would be nice also with the 1915 1y.... but you would have to drop down to 10s. On 12s it's a 5800 watt setup. So that would be a pretty cool setup also....10s with the Dynamax/1915 1y

Thanks for sharing I love it
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old May 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
This is a very nice approach from Skymaster I must say.

Truly I think the Future may be going towards: light construction.

Since the Price of Kerosin Fuel increases and more and more Airfields are not allowing any further Turbine Jets on the field, this would be the way to go.

Manufacturers need to think ahead of time, so they don't stay behind when the Change comes.
Just take Kodak or Nokia as an example..they missed going along with the flow and having now trouble keeping up or generally going bankrupt.

There was a few months ago an Fly Eagle Jet F-15 with 2.8m Length, 25kg weight and a 26kg Turbine on a dual exhaust pipe. Jeez...once it took off..that thing was SO loud you could think a real Jet just took off...only problem was it was cruising around for like 4 minutes

Besides some of those Turbine Jets are so robust and durable build, they use almost half of their Chinese Woods...but it could be so much better then this.

Plus on the other Hand, if they start thinking and begin to build lighter Jets that may carry smaller turbines, the total cost will decrease, making it more affordable and interesting for a wider spectrum of people and that includes us EDF Jet flyers.

The Manufacturer itself would only do himself a favor when making lighter models.
Everyone would benefit. Yes JetCat may not sell anymore their P160's or whatever, or may need even to cancel those out..but may sell from smaller ones more, due to higher interest.

Big Jet's are a thing of beauty, just the maintenance part is much higher then on smaller ones..

I hope that Skymaster will follow their Route for EDF's...

Now it is Time we need a new Battery Technology.

Those are just my thoughts, but think of it.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old May 09, 2012, 12:43 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,234 Posts
It's really good to know that EDF is an option.

However I strongly disagree with Watts as a measurement of how a plane will perform, the tests don't always prove what is estimated.

Stupid example: Put your finger in the fan and the watts will go way up and burn out the motor and the ESC. Having a fan with too much pitch will do the same.

Less thrust out the tube, high watts and amps. Think about it.

RPM needs to be included in the measurement. Until then, everyone is a beta tester. I love the video, it proves that EDF will work.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old May 09, 2012, 07:14 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,195 Posts
I couldn't wait until I was done working to go back and watch these videos again.....
I have to say, for as big as this plane is, it's getting tossed around like a park flyer. I dig this plane a lot, tons of scale potential

When do you think we will have more info on this one?
Old May 09, 2012, 11:31 PM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
433 Posts
Hello Gents,

thanks for your comments and suggestions.
Well, Anton told me, that the release date for this A10 will be after JetPower Fair.

Best regards
Reinhard
Old May 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
433 Posts
Hi again,

got the pictures from Anton for size comparsion. The big one is 1: 6,25
Length: 2552 mm(101.3”).. Wingspan: 2784mm(109.6”)

Best regards
Reinhard
Old May 19, 2012, 11:20 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,195 Posts
I really hope anton makes the inlet fit the dynamax which is a little smaller than the DS-94 HST. The Dynamax looks like the turbo fan in the real A-10 so it will be really sweet looking in there.

I see the way the DS-94 HST is mounted and the shroud lip is exposed. would be nice if that lip was covered by the inlet to make a smooth transition.

I also hope the production model will have the gun detail along with rivits...cockpit will be a must also...

I've always wanted a large A-10 I hope I can work out getting one of these
Old May 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
88 Posts
this A-10 was prototype, no panel line with rivtes,

we now strating make the scale panel line with the rivtes, and the A-10 will include the inlet for 110mm to 125mm diameter EDF units , please wait a few week that i will show the pictures here,

this year Skymaster will release 2-3 EDF new jets , F-15 F-18F and A-10..etc (all for 120mm EDF),

we now make the new web site for EDF,
RCPLIOTTW is offline Find More Posts by RCPLIOTTW
Last edited by RCPLIOTTW; May 21, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old May 22, 2012, 01:27 AM
Addicted
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined May 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
I couldn't wait until I was done working to go back and watch these videos again.....
I have to say, for as big as this plane is, it's getting tossed around like a park flyer. I dig this plane a lot, tons of scale potential

When do you think we will have more info on this one?
Exactly my thoughts, in the air I first thought I looked at a foamie. Shure looks like a nice jet trainer candidate. Only thing that I don't like is that it is a "twin", but that's going to be hard to change since it's an A-10.

Anyway, nice to see Skymaster trying out EDF's! If the price is right I may get one...
Parakos is offline Find More Posts by Parakos
Last edited by Parakos; May 22, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old May 22, 2012, 04:50 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPLIOTTW View Post

we now strating make the scale panel line with the rivtes, and the A-10 will include the inlet for 110mm to 125mm diameter EDF units , please wait a few week that i will show the pictures here,

this year Skymaster will release 2-3 EDF new jets , F-15 F-18F and A-10..etc (all for 120mm EDF),

Jeez I am falling in Love with you guys !

Keep it up Skymaster!

An F-18 on 120mm ???? FOR REAL?

I am all ears

Just make sure like Ron101 mentioned to have an inlet ducting to fit the Dynamax Fan.

I have to backup Ron's Statement that nothing is wrong with Schübeler Fans, BUT I have seen both Fans in Action on similar or the same Jets, and the Dynamax Fan just sounds better to my ears then a Schübeler.

Regards
NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old May 22, 2012, 07:57 AM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
427 Posts
[QUOTE=Anyway, nice to see Skymaster trying out EDF's! If the price is right I may get one...[/QUOTE]

Me too
Mikael is online now Find More Posts by Mikael
Old May 22, 2012, 08:03 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPLIOTTW View Post

Any ETA on the F14?

Any idea about cost?

Regards
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771