HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Yes, you could easily bend it before the flight.
Just pushing it through the bearings and tail gear could bend that MH shaft.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5479

I end up buying 4 stock shafts. 3 were garbage.
ONE worked with zero vib, here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm_6DGsf-kg
That's strange. The stock shafts have gotten a lot better. I just ordered two spares and both were perfectly square.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:22 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Guys... Don't waste you're time on the microheli stuff. I bought their tailshaft and the thing is like puddy. It bends if you breathe on it wrong. And that would be fine if it weren't marketed as an upgrade... But it is. So be warned. I've now ordered a few stock tail shafts.
That sucks. Will the weighted grips fit the stock TS?

Somebody needs to come out with an honest-to-goodness hardened, precision TS for this bird. Hell - I'd even be happy with a precision TS that's as hard as the original. I love the 130X, but the seemingly haphazard assembly of the TS assembly can be a real pain in the butt. I've gone through 4-5 factory shafts just to fine one that's perpendicular to the eye, and I bet those weren't even close to being as true as they should be for something that spins @ 20,000 RPM.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:29 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,140 Posts
Yes, the weighted grips will fit the stock or other after market TS brands
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Anyone try the Lynx tail shaft?
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:30 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
That sucks. Will the weighted grips fit the stock TS?

Somebody needs to come out with an honest-to-goodness hardened, precision TS for this bird. Hell - I'd even be happy with a precision TS that's as hard as the original. I love the 130X, but the seemingly haphazard assembly of the TS assembly can be a real pain in the butt. I've gone through 4-5 factory shafts just to fine one that's perpendicular to the eye, and I bet those weren't even close to being as true as they should be for something that spins @ 20,000 RPM.

Joel
I do believe the weighted grips will fit the stock TS. I ordered 4 just to make sure I got one that is square.

This heli is so sweet!! But its a shame that's it's plagued with all this annoyances.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
Anyone try the Lynx tail shaft?
Yes, perfect square, no vib.
I had one flight, low altitude (5ft) crash.
And it bent http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5479

Nothing beats the stock TS as far as strength. Bought 4pcs.
Thank goodnes, one was zero VIB out of four.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Dec 16, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:27 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,010 Posts
Anyone have any ideas why the timer on my DX6i keeps changing? It is set for down and 4:00. However, tonite it will change to up without going into the menu and changing anything. I change it back to down, turn off and on and back to up.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:49 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Anyone have any ideas why the timer on my DX6i keeps changing? It is set for down and 4:00. However, tonite it will change to up without going into the menu and changing anything. I change it back to down, turn off and on and back to up.
Good question my DX6i does that too and I can't figure out why.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Mine does the same too. Mine is the 6i DSMX, I bought Brand New.
I don't think HH has an answer and fix to it. But yeah, pretty annoying!
If you make sure that you reset the timer back after the time countdown lapsed before you power down the Tx, I don't think it will go back to "UP"
It really sucks, few times I realized i was flying more than 4min, just to find out that it did not go back to "DOWN", so literally no timer.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:13 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,459 Posts
Quote:
If you make sure that you reset the timer back after the time countdown lapsed before you power down the Tx, I don't think it will go back to "UP"
It really sucks, few times I realized i was flying more than 4min, just to find out that it did not go back to "DOWN", so literally no timer.
I'm going to try your suggestion and see if resetting the timer before turning off tx works.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
DFC Head
Blade 130X DFC! Xtreme Production (4 min 18 sec)
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:57 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I'm going to try your suggestion and see if resetting the timer before turning off tx works.
Are you guys just ignoring the beeps? If you fly past your time the timer will then start going up.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:30 AM
United Kingdom, Glos
Joined Feb 2009
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
Are you guys just ignoring the beeps? If you fly past your time the timer will then start going up.
No it's a bug in the Dx6i if you set the timer to count down and then go over the count down and then switch off or reset it, it sometimes resets the timer but changes it from DOWN to UP, so instead of counting down from say 4 mins it starts counting up, the only way to correct it is to go back to the timer settings and change it from UP to DOWN. Annoying but at least it has a timer which many 6 channel sets don't.
FrankS is online now Find More Posts by FrankS
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:35 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
No it's a bug in the Dx6i if you set the timer to count down and then go over the count down and then switch off or reset it, it sometimes resets the timer but changes it from DOWN to UP, so instead of counting down from say 4 mins it starts counting up, the only way to correct it is to go back to the timer settings and change it from UP to DOWN. Annoying but at least it has a timer which many 6 channel sets don't.
+1
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:44 AM
Joined Dec 2011
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
I can confirm an earlier reply that if you reset the timer on a DX6i before you power down, it will stay as set, and not become an "up timer". Irritating bug in software. If you power down while it is counting up (or stop it while counting up, and power down), it changes to "up timer" when you power up again. So simply just reset timer before you power down or change models
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Last edited by deonjams; Dec 18, 2012 at 03:51 AM.